r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest comicbookguy

R12 suited and booted.

Something is still preventing deep sleep tho. Included r12 kernel... 70% battery drain in 4 hrs, minimal use!

post-862200-0-65429400-1365844072_thumb.

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest The Soup Thief

Just fine :-)

Edit - @comicbookguy - I'm not having any problems with r12 over the past few days. 15% battery use over the past 5 hours (mostly reading the newspaper for half an hour). This xda post sheds a bit of light on the msm_hsic_host wakelock problems. I've been using franco.Kernel myself fwiw

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest lanxinger

ever since the latest update I am having problems with Google Now. All the new functionality doesn't work (package tracking, flights etc). Also when I try to add any more sports teams or Stock and I go back out it resets them to zero - they don't stick. Tried already resetting it and uninstalling/reinstalling from google play.

edit: It also appears that the screen is shortly flashing as I exit the settings.

any ideas?

thanks

Markus

Edited by lanxinger

Guest Brembo109

Maybe i´m alone with this, but i would like the features of Paranoid Android and CM combined in one kitchen. That´s no request just my opinion :-)

Guest The Soup Thief

That would be a lovely Kang!

I was playing around with PA over the weekend and really liked it (still found my way back to r12 though)

Used to love the PAC roms on my Xperia Ray

I saw there's one for the n4 over at xda and was thinking I might have a play if I get a mo Am a bit interested in the xposed framework stuff too, tbh.

Guest Brembo109

That would be a lovely Kang!

I was playing around with PA over the weekend and really liked it (still found my way back to r12 though)

Used to love the PAC roms on my Xperia Ray

I saw there's one for the n4 over at xda and was thinking I might have a play if I get a mo Am a bit interested in the xposed framework stuff too, tbh.

Yeah i used it a while on my N4, and it´s pretty cool. The hybrid engine works great and the modified color-kernel looks really nice. But the lack of some CM features and missing localisations ( i don´t like the mixed language style) allways bring me back to pure CM. So a kitchen would be the best option, with it you have the features you want and Paul´s magic :-D

Guest comicbookguy

PA is my daily driver over MCMCR on my n7 at the moment, purely for its tablet ui, but you have to admit its a great rom. Love the modaco kitchen tho, so Paul gets my vote on n4!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bbawden

I've got an odd bug with the messaging app.

I've set up a couple of templates with gestures. This is a really great feature.

However, it only seems to recognise one of them. No matter how distinct I make the gestures, it always inserts the first one in the list.

I've tried deleting the templates, deleting the gestures file and starting again, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Guest rpcob

I just flashed this ROM after lack of updates in Jr. Does anybody else have an issue with voice actions / commands don't work for any app while connected to bluetooth? It doesn't try. Just fails immediately saying didn't catch that

Guest taylormadearmy

I just flashed this ROM after lack of updates in Jr. Does anybody else have an issue with voice actions / commands don't work for any app while connected to bluetooth? It doesn't try. Just fails immediately saying didn't catch that

Yup - I see something similar - though I do think it tries but fails - and is it my imagination or is it an older version of the voice app than stock 4.2.2?.

Guest comicbookguy

I think the problem is more to do with sketchy BT controls than the voice app. Other people have had problems with broken BT music playback control in JB generally. I think the headset profile is poop.

Guest Mihai Nicolau

Guys, sorry for the dumb question but what exactly is the RC 1 or RC 2...i guess a release candidate ? Is this based on Cyanogen's release candidates or does Modaco uses its own system ?

Also is the current kitchen release fairly stable ? I've not updated for a couple of months because I had the luck of getting a really nice running release back then.

thanks.

Guest Jub Fequois

The current build in the kitchen is rather ancient at this point. It's quite stable though!

And yes, you are correct, it means 'release candidate' and is RC builds of Cyanogen we are referring to. :)

Guest soylukral

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the great rom. Using your roms allready since the htc hero.

But i have a problem with my stereo bluetooth headset. Every thing works fine. only problem i got is when calling or being called by someone the conversation goes through the phone and not the bluetooth headset. It did work with the stock rom. I hope you got a answer fot what is causing thr problem. Thanks!

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

Guest comicbookguy

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the great rom. Using your roms allready since the htc hero.

But i have a problem with my stereo bluetooth headset. Every thing works fine. only problem i got is when calling or being called by someone the conversation goes through the phone and not the bluetooth headset. It did work with the stock rom. I hope you got a answer fot what is causing thr problem. Thanks!

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

in the bluetooth pairing settings for the headset, make sure the "Use for phone Audio" box is checked, then, while on a call, check that the second button from the left under the hang up bar shows the bluetooth symbol (not the speakerphone or any other icon) - tap it to cycle thru available options

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Mihai Nicolau

Guys do I also need to install the gapps package ? I can't remember. If so what Gapps, the one found on the cyanogen website for their current version since this is a cyanogen ROM ?

thanks.