r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest taylormadearmy

Hey Paul

Gesture typing still not working. Any idea how to fix? If not how about an option for the stock keyboard?

Thanks!

Guest comicbookguy

r10 dirty flash over r9 seems fine. gesture typing working too :)

DSP Manager seems to be FCing every time it starts tho, which is a new issue .... :(. will try another bake just in case.

hmmm.. new bake didn't fix..... Apollo & Play Music not installed (as before), music player of choice is still Cubed player, which hasn't been updated in ages?

installing the known working version from my bake of r8 still causes FC

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest The Soup Thief

Yup - straightforward dirty flash - r9 to r10. Gesture typing working fine (if you like that sort of thing - personally I prefer Swiftkey)

Struggling to get Pie working though

I was hoping to be able to do away with the Navigation bar at the foot of the screen (so using Pie to take on these roles and expand the desktop to take up the space)

Have tried the following:

Settings>System>Pie controls are all enabled, with the message (at the foot of the system menu, under "Pie controls") "Enabled when Expanded desktop is active"

So need to enable expanded desktop. Settings>System>Power menu>Expanded desktop - none of the three options (Disabled/Status bar visible/status bar hidden) make any difference

Tried removing the buttons from the navigation bar, but even when all are removed the bar remains - albeit with no buttons

So until I can get the Expanded desktop active, Pie won't do its thang

Woah - it just started working. It's a bit flaky - seems to take a long time for any changes you make to take effect (a reboot, or much quicker, the Fast Reboot app, seem to make this happen more reliably.

Once it's up and running it's pretty neat, but it lacks the flexibility of the Pie implementation in the LMT app - you can only customise the size of the "slices" - can't really customise their sensitivity or their functions (meaning sometimes I'm having to do a few swipes).

If I'm wrong on this, please tell me - would love to be able to get the button for my app drawer into Pie, plus maybe some of the icons from my dock - can do nearly all this with LMT (just can't open the app drawer from it, if i remember right)

Hopefully it will get better as it improves...

Guest PaulOBrien

Just pushed a minor kitchen update, only the latest Google updated apps so nothing too important. More of a small space-saver. :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

The kitchen has been update to the very latest nightly!

If kitchen users can test over the weekend and confirm all is well (back up first of course!), then i'll put the prebake live Monday.

There will be another ROM update next week which will be the first with some MCR features starting to move to an Xposed module, making it easy to toggle MCR features on and off!

P

Guest meaton

Hi Guys,

Long time user, never really posted.. I've installed r11 i think but keep getting 'System UI' stopped.. I've flash numerous times wiping all data and formatting.. am i missing something?

Thanks,

Michael

Guest John Carroll

I would try fixing permissions in recovery. If you have CWM, it is under advanced, and then reboot. If that does not work, you could try clearing the dalvic cache. If it is still acting up, just restore back to your last nandroid and re-apply r11.

Hi Guys,

Long time user, never really posted.. I've installed r11 i think but keep getting 'System UI' stopped.. I've flash numerous times wiping all data and formatting.. am i missing something?

Thanks,

Michael

Guest meaton

Still no joy.. fresh flash this morning from stock, using cwm recovery tried installed via sdcard and sideload.. same issue, cleared all cache/factory reset, still no joy?

Michael

Guest The Soup Thief

Hiya - did you try downloading again? Check the md5 checksum.

Always possible you got an error in the download...

Guest meaton

Hiya - did you try downloading again? Check the md5 checksum.

Always possible you got an error in the download...

Hey,

Yeah, I've downloaded a few times now, selecting different options in kitchen.. currently downloading the prebake which is apparently r9 according to the filename..

i'll let you know how it goes.

Michael

Guest The Soup Thief

It's a little premature to say it's definitely broken - r11's working fine for me. Now this is with a dirty flash rather than a clean install, fwiw (so could it be a problem only with clean installs?)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest dashraider

It's a little premature to say it's definitely broken - r11's working fine for me. Now this is with a dirty flash rather than a clean install, fwiw (so could it be a problem only with clean installs?)

i tried both dirty and clean install with the same results my guess is disabling or enabling something in the kitchen is messing up the rom