Port CM7 Power Widget over to CM10 ??

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

I am posting this in the ROM section as I believe thats where its best fitted....

I was wondering if it is posibble to convert/port/replace the Power Widget found in CM10 builds for those that were in the CM7 builds...

The one in CM10 is rubbish compared to its CM7 edition. You can no longer put the Power Widget on the desktop, and then customize it so that it acted on depending how its used. I use to set my Power Widget settings so that if I plugged in power cable it would turn on things like WiFi, GPS, Sync and so on... But as soon as I remove the power cable, it will then turn off those settings...

This feature is missing in CM10, and is a pity as it can make the phone last longer.

So, can the Widgets of CM7 be extracted and then replace the ones found in CM10, or is there any Apps on the PlayStore that does this, as I cant find any...??

Thanks, Lister

ps, also... anyway to easy edit or find a Framework.res or whatever they are called that can replace our black background for a white background like this...??

nexusae0_1_thumb23.png

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Probals,

Thank you for the recomendation, and I shall certainly give it another try... I have used that App ages ago, but summit put me off it for some reason... cant remember what now, as so long ago. But always worth a second chance... :)

However, I was kinda hoping summit more intergated, like part of the OS...

So if anyone is still on Gingerbread (CM7) Android 2.3.7, can you make a backup of ya Power Settings Apps in Titanium, and upload to this site please...?? Would be most grateful... thank you.

Lister

• 1 month later...
Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All / Esp Rom Devs,

Still trying to find a way to back-port the CM7 Power Control Widget from CM7 into any of the CM10.x Roms.....

If anyone knows a way of extracting it, would be very useful as the one in CM10.x sucks... lacks any configuration. I think Ive located it to the Settings.APK, but have yet failed to find a way to rip it out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lister

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

Last night, I made great progress on this... I managed to get the Power Control Widget from CM7 semi-working on CM10.x builds. In that it shows up in the Widgets drawer. And you can then select and configure which options you would like to enable. Such as when ya plug the power cable in, it'll turn on WiFi and Sync your device. And when you unplug the power cable it will switch off the WiFi and end the sync. Just like it use to be in CM7, perfect Power Management....

However, when you go to save it too the Desktop, it then bombs out... :( Also, your Settings disappears too. So I need to work that out, but looks like we can have the poper Power Control Widget back... just may need some help doing the final changes..

Thanks, Lister

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Xenon0816,

Thanks, I shall give it another go tonight... might take a while to iron out some of those bugs. There is only so far I can work out on my own... But I think its great progress so far... As Ive seen lots asking about this on other forums and devices, and no one seems to have achieved it so far, so for me to get this far is great... Just need to workout how to get it to run side by side... :)

Thanks, Lister

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Phantom

Hey Lister, am extremely interested in whether you have had any success in porting the power widget over to cm10.1, Just updated my blade to Konsta's 4.22 rom and am missing the power widget a lot. Like you, i had my blade configured to do various exercises based on whether it was plugged in etc. Please let me know about the status of this.