Help! Im stuck on B929?

Guest donk165

Guest donk165

Hey guys, I'm running B929 which has the improved kernel. I have tried the B929 downgrade patch from 4pda and another from android-hilfe and neither seem to work. The German one has an update failed. And the Russian one applies fine but when I try and use the B919 update, it gets about 90% through and then gives an update failed message? I couldn't flash any other version of ics or gingerbread, apart from putting B929 back on. I'm currently back to a working phone but can't get B919 to flash.

Any suggestions? I want to try CM9 or CM10 out.

Edited by donk165

Guest donk165

here you'll find another downgrade patch. this one works perfectly for me :)

http://forum.xda-dev...de#post33000395

when you're done installing the patch, you'll be able to install every rom again :)

hope it helped!

Cheers for the reply, I'll try it out once I'm in front of a PC. Ill post back with the results

On a side note, what ROM do you run currently? I'm having a tough time deciding which CM10 to try first. There's 4 to choose from :P

Guest vincentdc

Cheers for the reply, I'll try it out once I'm in front of a PC. Ill post back with the results

On a side note, what ROM do you run currently? I'm having a tough time deciding which CM10 to try first. There's 4 to choose from :P

Currently i'm using the Dolmatov94 CM 10. but of all the jelly bean roms, I still think that shenduos is the best, thats the only rom i don't have trouble with :)

but if you only want to choose from the CM10, then I recommend either Dolmatov94 and Da_Nya. the Da_Nya CM10 is a more original, it doesn't have any custom sound packs and other extras.

Guest donk165

so now i cant install any OS, every install ive tried has failed, i cant boot, and i dont think i have a recovery. Is there anyway to save this? Ive tried B930, B929, B919, B886 and B932. And ive tried the downgrade patches.......????

Any ideas guys?

Guest vincentdc

so now i cant install any OS, every install ive tried has failed, i cant boot, and i dont think i have a recovery. Is there anyway to save this? Ive tried B930, B929, B919, B886 and B932. And ive tried the downgrade patches.......????

Any ideas guys?

you can't boot, do you mean you can't start your phone ?

if so, then I think your battery is dead. you'll have to find another battery.

is it the official b929 you installed at first ?

Guest donk165

the phone switches on, it just hangs on the huawei logo until i take the battery out, i can still apply updates via SD but none of them work, they all fail before fininshing :(

Guest donk165

The B929 update fails at about 95%

Ive put the downgrade patch on, that succeeded. And flashed B919 and that also failed but at about 70%.

I have access to the standard recovery, but formatting the data/cache has no effect.

I also have access to the Pink Screen Mode and the disk mounts. Unfortunately the disk is full - 0KB free of 239MB total. There is a 'image' folder and there are 5 files inside there; amss.mbn - 21348kb, boot.img - 4834kb, cust.img - 8104kb, EMMCBOOT.MBN - 191kb, recovery.img - 5502kb. I think cust.img is the wrong size, its supposed to be 40mb, So its like there are hidden files which cant be viewed and they are occupying the space.

Would formatting this disk fix this issue, or would this break my phone even more? I feel like this pink screen mode is a lifeline!