[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.9 for ZTE Blade III

Guest KonstaT

Guest GizmoTheGreen

if you flashed the recovery correctly then adb reboot recovery will get you into cwm recovery. if it doesn't then you didn't flash correctly..

make sure you flash from bootloader, when you are in android, have debugging enabled and then run adb reboot boorloader.

then use fastboot to flash recovery. full instructions are in the first post.

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

Guest DanAndroid

C:\android\platform-tools>adb devices

List of devices attached

P772N10 device

C:\android\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader

C:\android\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

sending 'recovery' (5824 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.495s]

writing 'recovery'...

OKAY [ 1.138s]

finished. total time: 1.643s

C:\android\platform-tools>fastboot reboot

rebooting...

finished. total time: -0.000s

C:\android\platform-tools>

This is what I get, but can't boot to recovery mode other then android recovery. Is there any other way to do this? Does that dd copying method work in terminal emulator? Very frustrating.

I solved my problem installing newer stock rom version (10 instead of 08) after that everything went fine.

Edited by DanAndroid

Guest LimeMiiQ

I can't get rid of the waiting for device message. I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly, as I can see my phone on if I write adb devices in the cmd prompt. I can see my phone in the devices list listed under ADB Interface, ZTE Composite ADB Interface. I'm trying to backup my phone before flashing it, but instead I am greeted with the waiting for device message.

Any help?

Edited by LimeMiiQ

Guest GizmoTheGreen

what is your phone doing when you get this message? and what command did you run?

is it botted into android OS? in recover? bootloader? did you run a adb or fastboot command?

Guest LimeMiiQ

I start the whole operation when normally booted into Android. Then I write the reboot command, and wait a few moments for the phone tobootup to the green android logo. Then I write the clockwork mod boot line, and I see the message waiting for device

Could this be caused by me not having the usb driver iso mounted? I saw a message talking about daemon once,but only once.

Guest LimeMiiQ

ADB devices shows the phone before rebooting into bootloader, but it disappears when I enter bootloader. I guess my drivers aren't properly installed after all?

Device manager also shows the device as an unknown android device after booting to bootloader.

Edited by LimeMiiQ

Guest GizmoTheGreen

ADB devices shows the phone before rebooting into bootloader, but it disappears when I enter bootloader. I guess my drivers aren't properly installed after all?

Device manager also shows the device as an unknown android device after booting to bootloader.

yes, right click and go into properties and then update driver.

Guest LimeMiiQ

Okay, this is getting weird. I managed to get into the Clockwork menu, I tried to backup my phone, but it failed because I didn't have enough space. Obviously that was my fault, I emptied my SD to try again, but now the cmd prompt won't recognize any commands that start with fastboot. Very annoying. I can't get into Clockwork menu anymore.

Guest GizmoTheGreen

if the fastboot command doesn't work you are not in the right folder. in your commandprompt run dir, is fastboot listed? use cd until you are in your folder with fastboot inside

Guest LimeMiiQ

if the fastboot command doesn't work you are not in the right folder. in your commandprompt run dir, is fastboot listed? use cd until you are in your folder with fastboot inside

Okay, I got back into the Clockwork menu, I backed up my phone and flashed it. It went well, it took only a few seconds. But now I tried to reboot into Clockwork so that I could install Superuser, instead I am greeted with the default android recovery. So, basically I have the same problem as someone else in this thread.

Guest LimeMiiQ

I installed the Superuser without flashing the clockwork recovery, so now I'm rooted even though Clockwork doesn't work, and that's what I wanted. Case closed.

Guest KonstaT

I installed the Superuser without flashing the clockwork recovery, so now I'm rooted even though Clockwork doesn't work, and that's what I wanted. Case closed.

Now that you are rooted, you can remove/rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. That is why your recovery is overwritten on boot.

Did you previously flash some official ZTE update with the stock recovery? My stock ROM (B08) didn't have these, but official B08 update does. B10 update then again doesn't.

Guest LimeMiiQ

Now that you are rooted, you can remove/rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. That is why your recovery is overwritten on boot.

Did you previously flash some official ZTE update with the stock recovery? My stock ROM (B08) didn't have these, but official B08 update does. B10 update then again doesn't.

My phone is about two weeks old, I have installed some official updates, but nothing else. Are you saying that if I delete those two files I'll be able to boot into Clockwork?

Also, I noticed that you're from Finland. It might be easier for us to discuss this in Finnish as I too speak the language.

Edited by LimeMiiQ

Even though ClockWorkMod makes a backup of the recovery partition, it doesn't restore it. Usually that would mean that it would overwrite itself and that of course can't happen.

If you want to go back to the stock FTM recovery you need to flash it with fastboot just like you flashed the ClockWorkMod. If you followed the instructions under 'How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm)' you'll find your stock recovery image (as recovery.img) inside your first backup's folder.

hey buddy...im really stuck here...can u please give me the original stock rom for zte blade III i have lost the original one and im with a custom rom that i dont like at all .. plz reply as soon as u can

does this mean you got yourself a Blade III? If you have I'll go get one and post a picture of three Blade next to a Blade III. lol

hey can u give me the original stock rom of zte blade 3

Guest GizmoTheGreen

hey can u give me the original stock rom of zte blade 3

I'm not sure MY stock rom is the same as what YOUR stock rom was? but if it is I guess I could upload it somewhere.

there should be a way to install the last official rom from ZTE though.

Guest LimeMiiQ

I tried deleting those files, but it won't let me. I guess I'm not fully rooted after all. This is very weird.

I can use some apps that require rooting, such as titanium backup and ascreenshot.

I installed Clockwork ROM manager to my phone, and tried to boot into recovery that way, but that lead me to the normal android recovery, too. I guess I'll have to find a way to delete those files. Renaming didn't work, as I didn't have writing priviledges even though my phone appears to be rooted.

Edited by LimeMiiQ

Guest GizmoTheGreen

you ran fastboot boot -recovery.img- right? that means you didn't install it, you ran it directly from your computer (uploaded to phones RAM and then executed)

if you want to actually add cwm recovery to the phone use fastboot flash recover -recovery.img-

then adb reboot recovery to get into it.

I'm not sure MY stock rom is the same as what YOUR stock rom was? but if it is I guess I could upload it somewhere.

there should be a way to install the last official rom from ZTE though.

please upload it for me ..... man u dont know how much i looked for it !!! can u upload it today

Guest LimeMiiQ

you ran fastboot boot -recovery.img- right? that means you didn't install it, you ran it directly from your computer (uploaded to phones RAM and then executed)

if you want to actually add cwm recovery to the phone use fastboot flash recover -recovery.img-

then adb reboot recovery to get into it.

I flashed it twice, but still I get the normal android recovery. KonstaT already told me why, but I still can't get to Clockwork recovery.

Guest andylonone

Hi, I have the same problem of other guys here: i can use ADB if the phone is on and in android, but when I reboot it in bootloader, windows see an unknown device and 'adb devices' returns an empty list (so no fastboot commands possible).

I followed the guide but it seems that the drivers are uncomplete in some way... I tried the second way for rooting the phone in the first post without success. Any other ideas?

EDIT: tried on both win 7 64bit and win7 32bit

EDIT2: if it can help someone else, it seems that installing the drivers that are on the phone solves the problems (tested on win7 64bit)

Edited by andylonone