[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bigbluetaurus

There's no stability issues in CM10/CM10.1...

There are issues...haven't tried the final version because of the sd configuration, but with the old ones there are random restarts and already quite a few people mentioned them. :)

Edited by bigbluetaurus

Guest KonstaT

There are issues...haven't tried the final version because of the sd configuration, but with the old ones there are random restarts and already quite a few people mentioned them. :)

Lol, you're really criticising something that you haven't even tried because of some rumors on internet message boards.

Yeah, and there are reports of random reboots on this ROM. There are reports of random reboots on stock ROMs. Any ROM will reboot if try turn your phone into a toaster and overclock it to the max. I can honestly say that I've exactly zero unexpected reboots on CM10/CM10.1 so there's no stability issues I can reproduce.

Guest zfeet

Still no random reboots after installing Aurora Borealis but let's wait what tomorrow brings along. Personally I've never overclocked the phone so that is not the cause.

Guest bigbluetaurus

Lol, you're really criticising something that you haven't even tried because of some rumors on internet message boards.

Yeah, and there are reports of random reboots on this ROM. There are reports of random reboots on stock ROMs. Any ROM will reboot if try turn your phone into a toaster and overclock it to the max. I can honestly say that I've exactly zero unexpected reboots on CM10/CM10.1 so there's no stability issues I can reproduce.

Probably you did not read what I wrote, but it's ok and did you see me criticize your work?

Reasons like overclocking, is why we use roms. :-)

I'm using Aurora and I still have reboots, but in comparison with the others that I tried, is the most stable with just a few reboots within a week.

Edited by bigbluetaurus

Guest bamdad

i'm also having random reboots (especially whilst using the built-in browser) with *every* cm-based rom out there. ics, jb, makes no difference. *and* without overclocking. the only stable one is aurora, and the stock zte rom. i can even overclock with aurora. the only problem i have is the one described earlier, but i seem to be alone with that.

Edited by bamdad

Guest zfeet

So the phone managed about 25 hours without reboots. It occurred when the battery level showed around 60 - 70%. The phone restarted and then I opened Facebook and after I started writing a message it rebooted again.

Guest bigbluetaurus

Thanks but I can't seem to find it. First of all I have no contact app/icon and I'm referring to the contacts while you tap on the phone icon. There is nothing in the settings! :/

Guest KonstaT

Hey!

Is Ad-Hoc wifi working on this rom?

Thanks.

Nope, CM10.1 is the only one that has ad-hoc at least partially working (open networks).

Guest bamdad

is there any way to get dspmanager working on this rom? i've tried copying the app to /system/app, but the settings have no effect..

Guest bigbluetaurus

try the 'people' application. google love to arbitrarily rename their stuff..

Thanks that did the trick! I only had to open once the people app and everything worked fine. ;)

Guest kogos

there is a bug with all 4.0.4 based roms for blade3. There is a small call delay when receiving a call. When phone rings and i answer a call, the caller cannot hear anything for 1 second... that means that i have to say "hello" 2 times, so the caller can hear me. It only happens with incoming calls. My guess is that the microphone should be enabled on ring and not on answer. This is not happening with CM10.1 but only with 4.0.4 roms, stock or custom, including aurora.

Any chance there is a fix for that???

Edited by kogos

Guest merc1800k

there is a bug with all 4.0.4 based roms for blade3. There is a small call delay when receiving a call. When phone rings and i answer a call, the caller cannot hear anything for 1 second... that means that i have to say "hello" 2 times, so the caller can hear me. It only happens with incoming calls. My guess is that the microphone should be enabled on ring and not on answer. This is not happening with CM10.1 but only with 4.0.4 roms, stock or custom, including aurora.

search at play store apps call delay..its free

Guest kogos

call delay is not available in play anymore, i got the latest version from another source and tried it. I'm affraid it doesn't work with blade3...

Guest KonstaT

Aurora Borealis is based on a stock ROM so what ever issues stock ROM has remain.

There's no source code available so there's pretty much no change of fixing it. I doubt using source built audio blobs from CyanogenMod (CM9 in this case) would work. There's no way of knowing what ZTE has done to theirs.

Guest niksa88

yes i did full wipe...now it is ok after second charge. I want to ask why in clockwork i can't find wipe batt status?

Guest lostboybinns

Im really loving this device (came from a g300). The only thing Ive noticed so far is slow wifi download speeds. This rom is awesome. Im nont even gonna bother with the cyanogen efforts.

• 2 weeks later...