[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Guest Loren82

Yeah, the FM radio stack in CyanogenMod was ported by the FreeXperia people. I can already start the FmRadioReceiver app you're showing in the screenshot, and scanning stations works too. It's just that audio output doesn't really work. :)

It's just what happens in my Xperia U, the app scans stations, but then no sound and I guess, not much to stay freexperia solve it, so I thought that, following their progress, they could extract some who can help.

Haha, I think mine with CM and radio, is a curse, sorry for my English xD

Guest James Horny

Unnecessary work and extra efforts, no one even uses ancient FM.

I agree with you FM is a relic from previous millennium and has nothing to do with nowadays advanced devices. :)

Unnecessary work and extra efforts, no one even uses ancient FM.

I agree with you FM is a relic from previous millennium and has nothing to do with nowadays advanced devices. :)

Agreed :D

FM is worth the trouble for completeness' sake. :) Although the Blade is probably near the end of life for most people, it would be great to have a feature-complete and up to date Android for it.

FM is worth the trouble for completeness' sake. :) Although the Blade is probably near the end of life for most people, it would be great to have a feature-complete and up to date Android for it.

+1 and I agree with you. Keep up the good work.

Edited by anantk

Guest Pranav Jindal

exactly...!! +1

Guest ChainSOV

Wait till there's a zombie uprising which gnaws through the internet cables :D

Guest escacha

for me voice dictation to sms is more important

Sure! SMS is the future! ¬¬

I agree with the importance of voice dictation, but also FM radio, it saves a lot of battery instead of being connected to the data network to be informed of a football match for example.

Guest jventura

Regarding FM radio, I have finished a vendor library implementation, and it seems to work just fine. Here's the code. Unfortunately, the new FM radio framework relies on a different working principle. The radio in the Blade just patches the audio through the analog audio mixer, the new framework instead is designed to record the live audio from the FM chipset and play it back like regular media files. So actual playback doesn't function properly yet, unless you somehow unmute audio while the radio is tuned to a station.

Maybe someone that knows more about Android's audio system could take a look at this... basically, the FM audio routing and volume control found in Gingerbread needs to be reimplemented.

The new FM Radio framework doesn't compile in CM9, although someone merged some patches and some people said it was OK.. I guess no one tested it really!

Your code compiles fine in CM9, except I had to change all ALOGs to LOGs.. :)

Guest pumlicz

Hello, I'd like to thanks for a nice stable ROM. I have a question about MMS. I've tried previous Konstat buid, than I switched to 4.2.1, and reverted back to this Deamond build. Everything works as it should be, except sending and receiving MMS. I can get them, while I am connected with WiFi (and mobile data ON). If I disconnect, I just keep getting Sending, or Message cant be retrieved message. If I switch WiFi on and connect to hotspot everything is just fine. Well most of time, I am on Edge/Gprs.

I've checked APN's, they're OK. I'm really sorry, if I have missed something..

What is the correct way to flash? Format system, wipe cache, dalvik, flash rom and gapps, thats all? Or do I need to wipe anything after flash?

Clean Install

Format system

Factor reset / wipe data

Flash ROM

Flash Gapps

Reboot

Update ROM

Flash ROM

Reboot

Edited by De@n

Guest reedo_17

This is a great rom been using it for a couple of weeks now, it is stable and good battery life but one thing, not really much but when i lock the screen the screen off animation happens then the screen goes black for a second then flashes the lockscreen then goes off again any fix for this. Anyway it is a good rom and nice to see somebody carrying on with KonstaT's works :) keep up the good work Daemond

By the way I would like to see the Fm radio working it would be a nice bonus!

By the way, does anyone remember how FM radio volume control was done from an end-user point of view on Gingerbread (CM7)? Was it fully integrated with system volume control?

Edited by Guest

By the way, does anyone remember how FM radio volume control was done from an end-user point of view on Gingerbread (CM7)? Was it fully integrated with system volume control?

I guess this link http://www.modaco.co...or-zte-bladesf/ will give you an idea :)

And this link http://andorko.hu/android/ belongs to FM Radio author Andorko :)

Edited by anantk

This doesn't help much. This is one of the early apps that (more or less) directly talks to the hardware. CM7's radio is quite different, and uses framework interfaces to configure the radio and volume.

Nevermind, I'll just read the CM7 sources.

Guest jventura

I don't know exactly where I saw it, but the FM Radio in CM7 is using the Music Stream, so, fully integrated in system volume control..

Yeah, I figured that out about 20 minutes ago myself. ;) The FM volume is coupled to music volume via the alias system of the AudioService. Quite a nice solution. I am currently trying to get this working, it shouldn't be hard. Switching FM audio on/off is already working.