[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

Guest dakok

it's not complicated, but a very tedious and ungrateful work - you have to unpack all the apks, translate all the strings in them, and then repack them back (and repeat that for every new version)

no one sane would bother, unless he can somehow charge for it...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest glassblower

Tried both v20 & v21. Smooth ROM but unfortunately totally useless without mobile data. Unable to save APN's for three UK.

You can edit them but they won't save when you press the "save" icon. Would love to continue using this ROM but the above problem means I can't. I understand this has been a problem with v19 an' all.

Neil

Guest glassblower

i got exactly the same problem as glassblower lol, i guess the problem lies with baidu rom...

I was going to try and overwrite the apns.xml file in the baidu ROM with one from cyan but don't have the time really. Going back to infusion B06.

Since Keshavkrs succesfuly added APN:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360424-romics404-baidu-dietetic-v21/page__st__140#entry2081277[/CODE]

I cant confirm it right now, I have CM10 Joestones on

but others could check.

So could it be that you have [b]"Funny Sim card"[/b] symptom :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1910179

Some other things to try:

-Reboot after APN change.

-Disable and re-enable airplane mode.

I have an issue. Whenever I try to use a root-needing app, it complains. I've read all the comments, and I also noticed that this rom is mentioned to be pre-rooted but I can't use the root even if it is.

Any suggestions? (Tried to install superuser, supersu, none worked. I also tried to root it with z4root and with unlockbootloader.exe. Neither worked. Superuser and supersu can't update binary and all..) I'm going to unroot then try to re-root it. Reflashing the rom seemed to be another option what do you say guys?

I was going to try and overwrite the apns.xml file in the baidu ROM with one from cyan but don't have the time really. Going back to infusion B06.

ive tried that. no succes

the things dakok suggested dont help either, but i might have a look at this funny sim issue

I have an issue. Whenever I try to use a root-needing app, it complains. I've read all the comments, and I also noticed that this rom is mentioned to be pre-rooted but I can't use the root even if it is.

Any suggestions? (Tried to install superuser, supersu, none worked. I also tried to root it with z4root and with unlockbootloader.exe. Neither worked. Superuser and supersu can't update binary and all..) I'm going to unroot then try to re-root it. Reflashing the rom seemed to be another option what do you say guys?

Check this:

http://www.androidgadgematic.com/2012/08/how-to-fix-superuser-installed-no-root.html[/CODE]

Edited by dakok

Guest glassblower

Since Keshavkrs succesfuly added APN:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360424-romics404-baidu-dietetic-v21/page__st__140#entry2081277[/CODE]

I cant confirm it right now, I have CM10 Joestones on

but others could check.

So could it be that you have [b]"Funny Sim card"[/b] symptom :)

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1910179

Some other things to try:

-Reboot after APN change.

-Disable and re-enable airplane mode.

OK, I've reinstalled this ROM and tried rebooting after saving APN and on/off airplane mode. Still not working.

However, I've tried a Virgin UK SIM card and hey presto, the 3G mobile data is working. So it's my 3UK SIM card.

This card dates from me joining 3UK back in 2006. Would you suggest I get them to change my SIM for a newer one?

Neil

So thats it - Funny SIM syndrome. You nailed it mate.

No harm in replacing it with the new one.

Or you could do some investigation and try to find a Funny SIM patch (some phones have that one).

"If you get GSM but no data, and you cannot save any APN settings,

it means you have what its called a 'funny SIM'. Certain mobile operators

use SIMs which include an extra data storage area to be used for things like

GSM Banking etc."

Edited by dakok

Guest glassblower

So thats it - Funny SIM syndrome. You nailed it mate.

No harm in replacing it with the new one.

Or you could do some investigation and try to find a Funny SIM patch (some phones have that one).

"If you get GSM but no data, and you cannot save any APN settings,

it means you have what its called a 'funny SIM'. Certain mobile operators

use SIMs which include an extra data storage area to be used for things like

GSM Banking etc."

Hi dakok

Thanks for your help, mate. I hope 3UK will replace my 7 year old SIM now. Will look for the funny SIM patch in the meantime.

Neil

seems like the problem lies with 128k sim cards. people who had funny sim report that 64k sim cards work, but the problem is that u need to change ur phone number if u want a 64k sim... sigh!

So I decided to give this ROM a shot for beeing so different, and I'm quite liking it right now. The only thing that keeps bothering me is the sluggish interface, installed Nova Launcher like I always do which kind of helps smooth things over a bit but it's still a pretty noticeable, not asking for JB levels of smoothness but this kind of falls short of the other ROMs I've tried :P would love to see localisation too but I can settle for english easily while that doesn't show up.

Other than that impecable stuff for me, thanks for your work! Loving this!

The only thing that keeps bothering me is the sluggish interface, installed Nova Launcher like I always do which kind of helps smooth things over a bit but it's still a pretty noticeable, not asking for JB levels of smoothness but this kind of falls short of the other ROMs I've tried :P

Funny thing is that I decided to repack it and post it here for the very reason of being less sluggish than other ICSs I had tried. Now Im tempted to make a video proof. :-)

Guest GOlteanu

Funny thing is that I decided to repack it and post it here for the very reason of being less sluggish than other ICSs I had tried. Now Im tempted to make a video proof. :-)

Same thing here, no lag, no nothing, the only lag I get is when I'm downloading something, talking to my girlfriend and playing Rage of bahamut, all at the same time, and even then the lag isn't something noticeable.

I don't know why he installed nova launcher when you have so many themes and way to customize the rom