Deodexed TW ROM for the Padfone 2

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

In this topic i've posted a custom recovery that allows developers to create custom ROMs.

To show this in action, i've deodexed and prerooted the TW 10.4.11.13 update, as well as removing the recovery overwrite function. This should let developers have a look at what's involved in creating them, provide a deodexed base to work from and provide modders with a deodexed ROM to tweak.

A good starting point to more custom ROMs I hope!

Enjoy! :)

• DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: c7bfcf326db5230ffcd729f19c7a0a53

I've flashed this on my device and it's running great, but use at your own risk of course. :)

Note that if you are flashing to / from a different region (e.g. WWE<>TW) then as your device is being re-partitioned, you may need to wipe. If the initial flash fails, wipe data, then flash again. If this flash still fails, restart recovery then flash again. :)

P

deodexed.png

Guest DjBastard

Hi!!

the download does not work :(

Not Found

The requested URL /files/TW_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex.zip was not found on this server.

One question, is put it in the folder asus / update and can flash?

Thanks

Greatings

Edited by DjBastard

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi!!

the download does not work :(

Not Found

The requested URL /files/TW_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex.zip was not found on this server.

One question, is put it in the folder asus / update and can flash?

Thanks

Greatings

Oops, fixed now!

That might work if you've flashed the custom recovery.

P

Main notable difference is the inclusion of garmin navigation in the tw version, which is not included in the wwe version. WWE will have 2gb memory more due to TW version taking up 2gb for garmin.

Guest Gilberto_BR

Hi, thanks for you work, but i wanna know how did you sign your package, because i downloaded it, modded it and tried a signer i found online but didnt work, can you post the one you used?

Regards,

Gilberto

Guest Gilberto_BR

Ok, i used the same method, so i must be doing something wrong, im flashing your rom right now, to make sure it works, but what i did was, i got your rom, unpacked, deleted a bunch of apks from /system/app, modified the build.prop to add some tweaks and then compressed it back to .zip format, then used the signapk.jar to sign it, tried with and without test keys, but when i try to apply it, as soon as it start to verify the package it says instalation aborted on both of my zips.

As i was writing this yours finished to install, no errors, found and it boots alright... So, what did i do wrong?

Regards,

Gilberto

Guest PaulOBrien

What command line did you use? I use:

java -Xmx4096M -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 in.zip out.zip

Yes, I really do allocate it 4GB RAM because the zip is huge. ;)

You can adb shell in and cat /cache/recovery/last_log to see what error caused it to fail.

P

Guest Gilberto_BR

Can you post your .jar and keys? Maybe we have diff keys, or should your recovery accept any key? I gotta sign it again and push it, last_log is your install right now...

Guest Gilberto_BR

And now it works! Thanks!

Now i need to test the apps i let liv and see the results, some testing is in order, but it booted ok, and only uses 350MB of ram... Very clean!

Had to remove a lot of stuff from the main screen that dont work, latter ill try to find the links on the zip so i can remove it from there.

Guest PaulOBrien
And now it works! Thanks!

Now i need to test the apps i let liv and see the results, some testing is in order, but it booted ok, and only uses 350MB of ram... Very clean!

Had to remove a lot of stuff from the main screen that dont work, latter ill try to find the links on the zip so i can remove it from there.

Awesome, hth. :-)

P

• 3 weeks later...

In this topic i've posted a custom recovery that allows developers to create custom ROMs.

To show this in action, i've deodexed and prerooted the TW 10.4.11.13 update, as well as removing the recovery overwrite function. This should let developers have a look at what's involved in creating them, provide a deodexed base to work from and provide modders with a deodexed ROM to tweak.

A good starting point to more custom ROMs I hope!

Enjoy! :)

• DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: c7bfcf326db5230ffcd729f19c7a0a53

I've flashed this on my device and it's running great, but use at your own risk of course. :)

Note that if you are flashing to / from a different region (e.g. WWE<>TW) then as your device is being re-partitioned, you may need to wipe. If the initial flash fails, wipe data, then flash again. If this flash still fails, restart recovery then flash again. :)

P

<!--url{2}-->

Hey Paul,

Thanks so much for the padfone 2 root it has worked brilliantly and i have cleared out all the unnecessary bloatware.

I have just joined Modaco because of your generous assistance.

I have a question though. How do i remove the Garmin partition from my internal memory? I stupidly purchased the 16gig (TW) version thinking the asus webstorage solution would be interesting to experiment with........ Not so much......

I'm not a big memory user but i could do with the extra space.

From what i've read it involves flashing a custom Rom.

Is that something you might be able to assist with?

I'm happy with just about every facet of the padfone 2, but the garmin map 2gig blackhole is very annoying!

This is the first developer site i have ever joined, so consider yourself an inspiration! :-)

Cheers,

Toby

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul,

Thanks so much for the padfone 2 root it has worked brilliantly and i have cleared out all the unnecessary bloatware.

I have just joined Modaco because of your generous assistance.

I have a question though. How do i remove the Garmin partition from my internal memory? I stupidly purchased the 16gig (TW) version thinking the asus webstorage solution would be interesting to experiment with........ Not so much......

I'm not a big memory user but i could do with the extra space.

From what i've read it involves flashing a custom Rom.

Is that something you might be able to assist with?

I'm happy with just about every facet of the padfone 2, but the garmin map 2gig blackhole is very annoying!

This is the first developer site i have ever joined, so consider yourself an inspiration! :-)

Cheers,

Toby

Flash my WWE version instead of this and you'll get the space back. :-)

P