[Q] Orange Sim Toolkit disappeared

Guest BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising

For some reason it's disappeared leaving just the icon on my launcher with the message that it's not installed. I'm presuming it should show with an Orange sim in the phone? And yes I know you can call/text for balances and top ups, just a bit miffed that it's gone walkabout. Is there an apk I can install to get it back? If so is it in the Orange GB dump?

edit :- I think I found it, Stk_OUK.apk (sim tool kit Orange UK?) in the C:\SanDiego\tools\system\app folder. Do I just install this or are there other libraries needed?

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising

No, I've still got that.

@Ricky, yeah I know, just not got round to it yet.

Just strange how it disappeared all by It self. It's actually an application that comes on the SIM I believe, maybe my SIM is going?

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising

Any progress on this Bluemoon?

It's an absolute necessity for me, some services I would enjoy via Sim have no calling alternatives.

Sorry, been busy.

I tried installing the GB version via root explorer and then found a different version in the Xolo update.zip, neither worked. I then tried the version in the Orange update.zip(which I should have tried first obviously :( ) but no success there either. Each time I used Rom Tool Box to move the files(including the sdk.odex file into system/app and set permissions to 0644 and rebooted.

It's not absolutely essential to myself but if I did need it I think flashing the Xolo zip would be needed. Any idea why yours disappeared?

Guest Fixticks

My suspect was deodexing ICS may have removed it, i have battery mods too but i doubt its the reason. I noticed the Stk.apk is there in system/app but just cant run the lil git. Can't run my mobile banking now.usually change phones, yet i love my battery mods and the new changes deodex brought.

Guest Fixticks

Hey guys, I flashed xolo ics back lost my deodex features and battery mod, but at least the Sim Toolkit app is working.

Am thinking I should root and manually install the Apps that I'd enjoy on deodex and then try and manually add battery mod.

Idea flawed? Better suggestions?

Guest BlueMoonRising

You beat me to it, I was going to post more or less the same myself.

I had to flash Xolo again to get it back, I then of course had to remove all the useless stuff such as Social Gallery, Swype(I use the downloaded version), Xolo care, Movie Studio ect ect. Strangely I had to re-install Chrome while Signal boost(and everything else as far as I could see) remained as before.

You're going to have to root anyway to get rid of the bloat. I tried to use flibblesans option but it doesn't like anything but a virgin install so I'll have a look at doing anything left manually using the script as a guide.

Guest Fixticks

Hehe nice, lets see if we can work this out together, I'm new at scripting so cant do that there, but yeah onto root and de-bloat. good thing i backed up the ics Gallery with titanium before i flashed xolo ICS.(also have to do the key mapping again, power button is depressed :(