[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NikitoGR

I have the cm-10.1-20130520-NIGHTLY-u8815 rom installed. I have to flash the every nightly that is released? What are exactly the nightly releases and what are the differences between them and the R# releases?

How about posting antutu results? My overall score is 4324 and the 3D graphics are 1458. Is it ok? :D

Guest intensedarkness

I have the cm-10.1-20130520-NIGHTLY-u8815 rom installed. I have to flash the every nightly that is released? What are exactly the nightly releases and what are the differences between them and the R# releases?

How about posting antutu results? My overall score is 4324 and the 3D graphics are 1458. Is it ok? :D

You dont have to flash every nightly that is released. Only download and install where you feel the changelog has fixed something that annoyes you. Otherwise update once every other week.

Nightlies are builds which contain the changes made on that day.

Have you read the first few posts? The changes between the R# and the nightlies are mentioned there.

Guest Dazzozo

You don't "have" to flash anything. :P

Nightlies are usually for people who like to be on the cutting edge, you can update whenever you want or not use CM10.1 at all if you like. :P

Guest intensedarkness

@ Dazzozo:

Seen the call volume description a couple of posts above?

Thats with the 22.05.13 nightly. Let me know if you need more details.

Guest dakok

I have to flash the every nightly that is released?

Silly question.

Of course you have to flash every nightly.

Not to mention daylies ;)

Guest intensedarkness

It is very ok :D

Guest Owl93

Very nice work here dazzozo! Thank you!

I had my first loss of network signal today but happens a lot less frequently (maybe a reboot a day keeps this from happening who knows). Other than that perfect!

Guest SyrupDErable

Silly question.

aren't there also minutely updates that absolutely NEED to be flashed???

Guest NikitoGR

Silly question.

Nahh, I don't have time for the daylies updates. I prefer the nightlies lol

Guest NikitoGR

You dont have to flash every nightly that is released. Only download and install where you feel the changelog has fixed something that annoyes you. Otherwise update once every other week.

Nightlies are builds which contain the changes made on that day.

Have you read the first few posts? The changes between the R# and the nightlies are mentioned there.

Lol what kind of question is this? Of course I'm looking at the OP. R# have changes too as the nightlies.

You don't "have" to flash anything. :P

Nightlies are usually for people who like to be on the cutting edge, you can update whenever you want or not use CM10.1 at all if you like. :P

Of course I like the 10.1. :) I can't stand the ICS any more, it looks so "noobish" :P :D

Thank you both of you for your answers. :)

Guest peterck

After a few weeks of testing this rom, everything works for me but can't receive any network services :(. Anyway this rom this the best one out there.

Guest gmotta

I can't turn on Wifi, any idea why? Have the latest CM. It was working before i restored previous wifi settings with TitaniumBackup and rebooted. Not sure if related or not.

edit: the on/off button is greyed out

Edited by gmotta

Guest Dazzozo

I can't turn on Wifi, any idea why? Have the latest CM. It was working before i restored previous wifi settings with TitaniumBackup and rebooted. Not sure if related or not.

edit: the on/off button is greyed out

If you restored from stock it probably won't work.

Guest gmotta

Reflash with full wipes probably.

Thank you, it worked.

I'm loving jelly bean, and the rom, so far so great! Thank you Dazz!

PS: The CRT effect when locking the phone is awesome. Is this a feature of this rom or of Jelly Bean in general?

Edited by gmotta

Guest kyan31

Thank you, it worked.

I'm loving jelly bean, and the rom, so far so great! Thank you Dazz!

PS: The CRT effect when locking the phone is awesome. Is this a feature of this rom or of Jelly Bean in general?

It's Jellybean in general, however previous versions of CyanogenMod have a custom CRT animation by the CyanogenMod team - this is because GB/ICS do not have the CRT animation implemented already. To tell you the truth, I actually prefer CMs take on the CRT animation ;)

Guest Pyntux

Did you OC the cpu?

No, I never do that... :( That was only one reboot for whole day, so can be everything, I do not know...

But, this rom eats battery, today I only send 1 sms, and 1 short call, and battery goes from 100% to 84%? :D

Guest Worlon

No, I never do that... :( That was only one reboot for whole day, so can be everything, I do not know...

But, this rom eats battery, today I only send 1 sms, and 1 short call, and battery goes from 100% to 84%? :D

If you not use, disable wi-fi, GPS, kill the games process and not needed apps. They use a lot of energy.

Guest lakyljuk

Is it not already in the nightlies? I'm pretty sure that feature has been part of CM for at least a few weeks now.

The thing most people miss is that you need expanded desktop mode on to use it.

Yeah, pie control setting shoud be there. http://www.droid-lif...nmod-nightlies/

But the settings for is disabled for devices with hardware buttons, like G300, because they cant be hidden anyway and it wont bring any more free screen space. I think it would be usable anyway, not for freeing screen space, but for better navigation. So we have to use some app or different launcher. Or pie enabled rom like Electra.

Edited by lakyljuk

Guest Dante2070

Hi. I just tried to check if there are any news on network problem (sudden signal loss and signal appearing great, but no calls and sms coming trough). I gave up the search after page 5. So, any news?

P.S. Even with this bug, this is still the best rom out there

Guest wbrambley
Hi. I just tried to check if there are any news on network problem (sudden signal loss and signal appearing great, but no calls and sms coming trough). I gave up the search after page 5. So, any news?

P.S. Even with this bug, this is still the best rom out there

I have had no problems with nightly builds, has not rebooted or lost service once.