[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Musicmaster

I have installed the ROM. Runs very smooth only I miss a FM Radio app. How can I get this because I use this very often?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Musicmaster

Guest SyrupDErable

can i find the stock lockscreen for ics and put it on this rom ?

You might like to look at this page -- it mentions a stock lockscreen app:

Guest SyrupDErable

no is not the stock ics lockscreen

well it's A stock lockscreen app, if not the one that was in YOUR stock ROM -- different countries have somewhat different "stock ROMs" after all

I guess you could try to go back to installing a stock ICS ROM, ensure you have the app you want, extract it, and re-install the JB ROM

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest Tyderion

Hi there.

Thanks for your hard work. This ROM is awesome.

With the newest version (built 20130806) I cannot connect to the internet with google apps. The wifi-icon stays grey.

Playstore does not load anything, says: "No Connection" even though wifi is connected. I can browse to google.com with the browser at the same time, this works.

Any Ideas what could be causing this?

Additionally somehow tasker was uninstalled when I flashed the CM10.1 update, is this normal behaviour?

Thanks for your help

Guest SyrupDErable

Hi there.

Thanks for your hard work. This ROM is awesome.

With the newest version (built 20130806) I cannot connect to the internet with google apps. The wifi-icon stays grey.

Playstore does not load anything, says: "No Connection" even though wifi is connected. I can browse to google.com with the browser at the same time, this works.

Any Ideas what could be causing this?

Additionally somehow tasker was uninstalled when I flashed the CM10.1 update, is this normal behaviour?

Thanks for your help

I'm just a ROM user, not a developer -- they're busy folk,

BUT

second things first, I don't use Tasker so I can't say what's "normal"

secondly, Google's servers are not always 100% (used to drive me nuts in the old days with the default News & Weather app), but I have had problems with the Play Store not always functioning as it should -- failure to connect, on THEIR end

you can connect OK to Google Search, and to other sites?? then your connection is OK (sometimes even Google Search fails to work!) -- the wifi icon sometimes shows grey when there's a poor connection -- good reason to use something like OpenSignal to check the connection / speed -- you say the wifi connection works OK? you're using WiFi to browse the net, not 3G?

Guest Tyderion

Thanks for replying this quickly.

I don't think it was a problem on google's end, even though everything except connections to google worked.

What worked: browser, third-party chats

what did not work: gmail, playstore, colored icons (indicating a connection to google)

Here is a list of stuff I did and what fixed it again (including the colored wifi/data icons)

Not Working:

- wipe dalvik cache

- downgrade by flashing older version + wipe dalvik [made gapps disappear somehow...maybe they weren't there after flashing the update]

What worked:

- Flashing gapps after downgrade [setupwizard ran again, Tasker on the device again, internet restored, complete phone config restored ]

What the hell just happened to my phone?

Do you have an idea why an app disappeared when updating and reappeared when flashing gapps? even though it is no gapp? This makes no sense...

Maybe it is necessary to install gapps again after updating the rom, this would at least work with the new version too. But why parts of my config and apps disappeared is a mystery to me.

Will try updating again later.

Guest SyrupDErable

Thanks for replying this quickly.

I don't think it was a problem on google's end, even though everything except connections to google worked.

What worked: browser, third-party chats

what did not work: gmail, playstore, colored icons (indicating a connection to google)

Here is a list of stuff I did and what fixed it again (including the colored wifi/data icons)

Not Working:

- wipe dalvik cache

- downgrade by flashing older version + wipe dalvik [made gapps disappear somehow...maybe they weren't there after flashing the update]

What worked:

- Flashing gapps after downgrade [setupwizard ran again, Tasker on the device again, internet restored, complete phone config restored ]

What the hell just happened to my phone?

Do you have an idea why an app disappeared when updating and reappeared when flashing gapps? even though it is no gapp? This makes no sense...

Maybe it is necessary to install gapps again after updating the rom, this would at least work with the new version too. But why parts of my config and apps disappeared is a mystery to me.

Will try updating again later.

Considering this ROM has been around for a couple of months, I have literally updated the ROM DOZENS of times without once having to reflash the gapps, I only need to flash the gapps when installing an "entirely new" ROM (with all wipes being done)

so I'm 100 % sure it's not NORMALLY necessary to flash gapps again after updating the ROM with a nightly OTA

as you said, it makes no sense to me, but then again I don't use Tasker, which can get its hooks into all of these functions,

so if it goes awry???

so for the newbies' sake, my general recommendation would be to leave gapps alone, and try to figure out Tasker -- why people use "mods" without understanding the problems they can have is beyond me

Guest SyrupDErable

so i realy can use the stock ics lockscreen on this mod ?

that's not the question you asked -- your first question was "Can I find (it)?"

in truth, that should have been seen as a rhetorical question, since you weren't asking where you could find it

I take no responsibility for it working or not working, that's for you to find out -- IF it's the app you want to try -- you said before it wasn;t the one you were looking for

Guest Tyderion

Considering this ROM has been around for a couple of months, I have literally updated the ROM DOZENS of times without once having to reflash the gapps, I only need to flash the gapps when installing an "entirely new" ROM (with all wipes being done)

so I'm 100 % sure it's not NORMALLY necessary to flash gapps again after updating the ROM with a nightly OTA

as you said, it makes no sense to me, but then again I don't use Tasker, which can get its hooks into all of these functions,

so if it goes awry???

so for the newbies' sake, my general recommendation would be to leave gapps alone, and try to figure out Tasker -- why people use "mods" without understanding the problems they can have is beyond me

I just updated again and it worked perfectly. I guess some strange error happened while flashing, which definitely is not the error of the ROM.

Tasker cannot hook into recovery, I say it is impossible for tasker to change anything when a ROM is flashed...

Maybe other apps were "uninstalled" too, I don't know but after the failed flash about 20 apps less needed optimizing than after the successful flash, so I guess something went wrong while flashing.

Gapps definitely do not need to be reinstalled if there is no error while flashing.

Now I'm really happy.

Guest SyrupDErable

I just updated again and it worked perfectly. I guess some strange error happened while flashing, which definitely is not the error of the ROM.

Tasker cannot hook into recovery, I say it is impossible for tasker to change anything when a ROM is flashed...

Maybe other apps were "uninstalled" too, I don't know but after the failed flash about 20 apps less needed optimizing than after the successful flash, so I guess something went wrong while flashing.

Gapps definitely do not need to be reinstalled if there is no error while flashing.

Now I'm really happy.

I think it's a part of normal procedure for all apps to be optimised after flashing a new nightly -- in my case I always see 92 apps (that obviously includes system apps)

there could have been a problem during the downloading of the new version -- that's happened to me once (OTA)

and I did NOT like the result :-D

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest kyan31
so i realy can use the stock ics lockscreen on this mod ?

No. The stock ICS lockscreen is not a standalone apk, its part of the framework and it cannot be ported over. Just learn to live with the JB lockscreen.

Guest SyrupDErable

No. The stock ICS lockscreen is not a standalone apk, its part of the framework and it cannot be ported over. Just learn to live with the JB lockscreen.

thanks for adding your (considerably more than) 2 cents worth -- I only knew of the "availability" of the stock apps through the page link I posted (there's another one, too, I think, somewhere)

Fancy posting a comment re the "availability" of the apps on that page, for others benefit?? the page seems rather devoid of "helpful comments"

Guest Musicmaster

I have got a tiny little problem. The led is not burning when I charge the phone in the car. Is this normal or do I have to change something? If no solution, no worries....

The rest the Rom is great. Better than ICS Stock Plus I had first. Only the battery drains a little bit faster but the phone is now very smooth and fast. TNKX !!!!!

Edited by Musicmaster

Guest SyrupDErable

That does work, but on the rom I'm using, joestone's cm10.1, there are built-in settings (Lockscreen -> Widget pager / Camera widget) that do the same thing. I'd expect these nightlies to have them too?

is this some (stupid, imo) attempt to say that all CM10.1 are, or should be, the same? If you want that lockscreen, install that ROM -- problem solved

to quote Jazon's starting post for that ROM "There are many cm10.1 roms out there" (different ROMs, that is)