[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest edwardecl

Avoid R2, it runs like crap (well for me), not to be insulting or anything after all it is not a final release bugs are expected, and I don't really mind untested software gives me something to play with when I'm bored.

R1 however is completly fine, infact the best ROM for this phone in my opinion, the lock screen random 'lag' is nowhere near being unusable as people are saying it is,and can be worked around anyway. But R2 is unusable without excpetion, not only do you still get the same exact 'lag', you also have problems where the display seems to draw slowly for everything, so if for instantace you are moving an icon on the home screen it moves a lot slower than where you are touching. Same with the keyboard, and not only that the keyboard sometimes interprets the touch as longer than you pressed for making symbols appear instead of letters and deleting 6 characters of text or more than the single one you wanted.

The phone part worked as intended though so :), hope R3 improves on R2, I assume something taking priority over running apps as the CPU usage is not exactly high just weird. Maybe it's only for me, but i did factory reset my phone and install R2 twice thinking something went wrong.

Keep up the good work anyhow.

Guest m_kosmos

Avoid R2, it runs like crap (well for me),

It is not strange .. In the second, the same, the phone works all too smooth! ... this it is buggy .. However, the main - if moving the notifications bar down slowly, it will move large pieces ..

Strange ...

Guest george109

EDIT THIS HAS BEEN FIXED!

For me, the OTA Updator does not work, it says unable to download, so I try to flash it in CWM recovery, and I have an error, so do you need to factory reset to update this, as It says this when I flash:

Finding Update Package...

Opening Update Package...

Installing Update...

Symlink: Some symlinks failed

E: Error in /sdcard/To Flash/CWM10.1/cm-10.1-20130216-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip

(status 7)

Installation Aborted.

The Log Says:

Starting recovery on Thu Mar 7 20:11:32 2013

can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory

framebuffer: fd 3 (480 x 800)

CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5

recovery filesystem table

=========================

0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)

1 /boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p15 (null)

2 /cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 (null)

3 /data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 (null)

4 /recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p16 (null)

5 /misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 (null)

6 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1

7 /system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 (null)

8 /datadata vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 (null)

9 /cust ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p18 (null)

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /sd-ext during fstab generation!

I:Completed outputting fstab.

I:Processing arguments.

I:Checking arguments.

I:device_recovery_start()

Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=1

persist.service.adb.enable=1

ro.modversion=clockwork-4.0.1.5s-hwu8815

ro.product.device=hwu8815

ro.product.name=U8815

usb.default.pid=0x1038

persist.usb.default.pid=0x1038

ro.build.date=Sat Apr 21 13:04:07 PDT 2012

ro.build.datei.utc=1323645223

ro.build.owner=sebastian404

ro.build.url=http://android.podtwo.com/

ro.factorytest=0

ro.serialno=346BD38965BB

ro.bootmode=recovery

ro.baseband=msm

ro.carrier=unknown

ro.bootloader=unknown

ro.hardware=qcom

ro.revision=0

init.svc.rmt_storage=restarting

init.svc.recovery=running

init.svc.adbd=running

I:Checking for extendedcommand...

I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

SD Card space free: 23643MB

Backing up boot image...

Backing up recovery image...

Backing up system...

Backing up cust...

Backing up data...

Backing up datadata...

Backing up .android_secure...

Backing up cache...

No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.

Generating md5 sum...

Backup complete!

(All above is my nandroid backup, in case something goes wrong!)

-- Installing: /sdcard/To Flash/CWM10.1/cm-10.1-20130216-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip

Finding update package...

I:Update location: /sdcard/To Flash/CWM10.1/cm-10.1-20130216-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip

Opening update package...

Installing update...

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 at /system: Device or resource busy

about to run program [/tmp/backuptool.sh] with 2 args

Not backing up files from incompatible version: 10.1

run_program: child exited with status 127

Creating filesystem with parameters:

Size: 402653184

Block size: 4096

Blocks per group: 32768

Inodes per group: 8192

Inode size: 256

Journal blocks: 1536

Label:

Blocks: 98304

Block groups: 3

Reserved block group size: 23

Created filesystem with 11/24576 inodes and 3131/98304 blocks

warning: wipe_block_device: Discard failed

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 at /system: Device or resource busy

minzip: Can't create containing directory for "/system/addon.d/50-cm.sh": Read-only file system

failed to mkdir /system/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf: Read-only file system

symlink: failed to symlink /system/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf to Roboto-Bold.ttf: making parents failed

symlink: failed to symlink /system/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf to Roboto-Bold.ttf: No such file or directory

script aborted: symlink: some symlinks failed

symlink: some symlinks failed

E:Error in /sdcard/To Flash/CWM10.1/cm-10.1-20130216-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open ROM Manager to report the issue.

Edited by george109

Guest wbrambley
Hello everyone! Monday night i've instaled this ROM on my device (huawei ascend g300) and then i've made the update. It is great and works fine... However, since there, i'm having problems with signal. From times to times i've to restart my phone because i can't get or send SMSs. And when i restart it seem like there's SMS raining... lol. And i can only see the problem when i send an sms and it fails... How can i fix this?

Thanks a lot.

I have loosely followed the advice in this forum and it works for me.

You need tasker though.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1301880

[GUIDE] Set Tasker to AutoReboot on Loss of Signal (LOS)

This is my xml for tasker:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1128wuz8t5z7gj/Los.prf.xml

Edited by wbrambley

Guest Milky Joe

R2 is very smooth for me. Much better than R1. Especially the lock screen lag (there isn't any in R2).

The only problem I have is occasional data/signal disappearing. Sometimes toggling network works; sometimes I have to reboot. It isn't enough to make me switch ROMs though.

When (if) Wi-Fi tethering works it will be near perfect.

Guest popoyaya

Yep very smooth here too. People complaining about lagginess need to let the phone finish updating after installing the rom, which can take an hour. Also it could be one or more of your apps causing the lag.

Guest momoldn

Hello Team,

Thanks for R2 it works well for me ! one question, is there a way to increase the volume output of the audio jack as I find it very low ?

regards

Momo

Guest HappyCerberus

Yep very smooth here too. People complaining about lagginess need to let the phone finish updating after installing the rom, which can take an hour. Also it could be one or more of your apps causing the lag.

There is some definite issue in the system. If I switch to airplane mode, the phone is actually really smooth. But with data and/or wifi turned on, apps keep crashing (youtube, system process) and active apps experience up to several minute long lock-ups.

Guest popoyaya

There is some definite issue in the system. If I switch to airplane mode, the phone is actually really smooth. But with data and/or wifi turned on, apps keep crashing (youtube, system process) and active apps experience up to several minute long lock-ups.

Try reinstalling and full wipe/format. This should not be happening.

Guest NikitoGR

WARNING! All errors SMS and phone calls can be established programs such as VIBER!! WhatsApp - does not create problems :)

Ok! Whatever you say!...

Guest Sarpi

Hello,

First at all, I want to say many thanks to Dazz. You prepaired awesome ROM. Very smooth and fast and JB really beatiful, but....

I´ve got one minor BUG and has to go back to Fusion ROM. When somebody called me, I has only black screen, phone vibrate, but stayed turned off. Nothing didn´t worked. All buttons incl. power, no touch response, nothing. When display was turned on, than everithing works fine, but when was turned off, then nothing. Any idea, how to solve that?

Thanks.

Guest NikitoGR
Hello,

First at all, I want to say many thanks to Dazz. You prepaired awesome ROM. Very smooth and fast and JB really beatiful, but....

I´ve got one minor BUG and has to go back to Fusion ROM. When somebody called me, I has only black screen, phone vibrate, but stayed turned off. Nothing didn´t worked. All buttons incl. power, no touch response, nothing. When display was turned on, than everithing works fine, but when was turned off, then nothing. Any idea, how to solve that?

Thanks.

This is strange. Try increasing the min frequency under the performance settings.