[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest slashme

hi your work is so great, but after intalling cyanogenmod 10.1 my phone's display is being turned off when i am trying to call and display is not responding untill the call is ended.

could you solve this problem for me

I had this problem before, but it went away for me with a rom flash or two - It's completely gone now that I'm on CM10, which is the opposite of your experience: strange! It has to do with the proximity sensor on the phone: it's supposed to sense when the phone is next to your face.

When I had this problem I would just put my thumb on the top right hand front corner of the phone (around where the notification LED is) and then take it off again: That way it would think that the phone had just been removed from being in contact with a face :-)

Guest AussieExpat

I'm new to this rooting business and was following (apparently successfully) through the procedure to install this ROM on my phone (upgrading from 2.3.6 Baseband 109... BUT

• after copying zip files to my phone, re-booting, etc to get to stage where I should have been able to identify the zip files, they could not be found by the OS

as said, folllowed through the (excellently written) procedure given on the uk huaweig300.com website, so phone now identifies itself as having 4.0.3 with Baseband 2030, which should satisfy the minimum criteria

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions -- phone is working properly sfaik -- but I'd like the extra improvements beyond 4.0.3 if I can get them

Guest ahatomastarday

I'm new to this rooting business and was following (apparently successfully) through the procedure to install this ROM on my phone (upgrading from 2.3.6 Baseband 109... BUT

• after copying zip files to my phone, re-booting, etc to get to stage where I should have been able to identify the zip files, they could not be found by the OS

as said, folllowed through the (excellently written) procedure given on the uk huaweig300.com website, so phone now identifies itself as having 4.0.3 with Baseband 2030, which should satisfy the minimum criteria

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions -- phone is working properly sfaik -- but I'd like the extra improvements beyond 4.0.3 if I can get them

Beware that this isn't by any means a final or "safe" ROM so to speak, meaning that not all the issues it presents can be considered minor. Some people are reporting complete signal losses that aren't reflected in the phone's signal indicator and can only be solved rebooting the phone. You should already know this but since you're new to this thing I thought it'd be worth to tell you.

Guest AussieExpat

Copy the files to sdcard storage not phone storage

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Somehow or other, in the process of installing the original ROM the Windows OS re-designated what were the two drives with each other's designations -- so I WAS installing the files on the wrong card -- despite the advisory to install it on the SD card --

duhh, embarrassingly simple mistake I couldn't figure out by myself, so I'm really grateful -- and the zip file installed very quicklly -- now to explore -- You've made my day!!

and many thanks to Newbie, too, for the response -- something I "should" know, but am probably underestimating the significance of, for now -- newbies rush in where more experienced tread gingerly -- new phone for me (things move slowly here in NZ, and the price has only recently come down greatly --- things are also comparatively much more expensive here too -- but I've downloaded the last in the CM9 series too -- which is hopefully stable, "error limited", even if only ICS, and which version of ICS -- how does one read the "sub-versions" of CM9 releases btw?

Guest AussieExpat

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Somehow or other, in the process of installing the original ROM the Windows OS re-designated what were the two drives with each other's designations -- so I WAS installing the files on the wrong card -- despite the advisory to install it on the SD card --

duhh, embarrassingly simple mistake I couldn't figure out by myself, so I'm really grateful -- and the zip file installed very quicklly -- now to explore -- You've made my day!!

and many thanks to Newbie, too, for the response -- something I "should" know, but am probably underestimating the significance of, for now -- newbies rush in where more experienced tread gingerly -- new phone for me (things move slowly here in NZ, and the price has only recently come down greatly --- things are also comparatively much more expensive here too -- but I've downloaded the last in the CM9 series too -- which is hopefully stable, "error limited", even if only ICS, and which version of ICS -- how does one read the "sub-versions" of CM9 releases btw?

Thanks to those who responded -- especially if I didn't get your name right ---

Now -- I've got my phone stalled -- the CyanogenMod rotating circles inside each other just keep rotating, and rotating, and ....

Now, what should I do

Did I do the wrong thing, in trying to run both the CM and Gapps at the same time (despite the fact that that seems to be the way things are written in the huwaweig300.com guide

After that ...

• Should I go "all the way" back to try to install CM9 (say, version 4.0.4?) -- one of the "shortcomings" of the G300 is supposedly its (originally) quite limited camera app, for which I'd like to go even further than 4.0.4
  • Should I try to run the install of CM10 first, and only after that install Gapps?

Guest AussieExpat

Thanks to those who responded -- especially if I didn't get your name right ---

Now -- I've got my phone stalled -- the CyanogenMod rotating circles inside each other just keep rotating, and rotating, and ....

Now, what should I do

Did I do the wrong thing, in trying to run both the CM and Gapps at the same time (despite the fact that that seems to be the way things are written in the huwaweig300.com guide

After that ...

• Should I go "all the way" back to try to install CM9 (say, version 4.0.4?) -- one of the "shortcomings" of the G300 is supposedly its (originally) quite limited camera app, for which I'd like to go even further than 4.0.4
  • Should I try to run the install of CM10 first, and only after that install Gapps?

I'm TOO much of a newbie to understand what's happened -- believe it or not, after several attempts at re-starting phone, I reverted to "factory reset", which resulted, sooner rather than later, in my having a woring phone, with Version 4.1.2 from Cyanogen, with an advisory that an update was available -- would that be for 4.2.2 -- it's CM-10.1-20130216-EPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip, with

currentlt installed being 10-20130217-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R6

I can't make sense of this numbering scheme -- given the numbers I'd imagine what's installed is a more recent version than the update ???

Must admit, I'm totally flawed by the range of options and capabilities available -- awesome -- so thanks very much to EVERY body for all the work!!!

where do I find the list of "issues" so I'm not caught unaware -- thanks to the person who notified me about the potential problem with cell carrier reception.

Guest dubitoergosum

I'm TOO much of a newbie to understand what's happened -- believe it or not, after several attempts at re-starting phone, I reverted to "factory reset", which resulted, sooner rather than later, in my having a woring phone, with Version 4.1.2 from Cyanogen, with an advisory that an update was available -- would that be for 4.2.2 -- it's CM-10.1-20130216-EPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip, with

currentlt installed being 10-20130217-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R6

I can't make sense of this numbering scheme -- given the numbers I'd imagine what's installed is a more recent version than the update ???

Must admit, I'm totally flawed by the range of options and capabilities available -- awesome -- so thanks very much to EVERY body for all the work!!!

where do I find the list of "issues" so I'm not caught unaware -- thanks to the person who notified me about the potential problem with cell carrier reception.

Man, you're a talker, lol.

The number at the end of the filename, after the "R" signs the release number of your ROM. the number after "CM" signs the version. CM 9 is based on Android 4.1, CM 10 is based on 4.2. The higher number you see after the R, the newer release you have of that version. R2 is the latest CM ROM based on 4.2.

You can find the known issues on the first page of this topic.

Edited by dubitoergosum

Guest wbrambley
The new 10.1 update is cool! it has features from the 5.0 Lemon pie! 29fps in GTAIII and 24 in the vice city. Great work, keep up!

Is this another new update not intended for public use?

Guest AussieExpat

Man, you're a talker, lol.

The number at the end of the filename, after the "R" signs the release number of your ROM. the number after "CM" signs the version. CM 9 is based on Android 4.1, CM 10 is based on 4.2. The higher number you see after the R, the newer release you have of that version. R2 is the latest CM ROM based on 4.2.

You can find the known issues on the first page of this topic.

Absolute awesone support, you guys!! Thanks, heaps!!

At first, seeing the delay in response, then the inability to "resolve" the continued cycling, needing to wipe etc etc, I was afraid I'd bricked my phone, or at least wasted heaps of hours (all night session), The automated response emails quite rightly give one the way to resign from the list, but with help and support like this (this and later emails "below" mine before), there's no way I'd do that.

But, for this newbie, I thinking sticking with an R6 might be better than rushing to an R2, and coming back in a few weeks/months than taking further risks, especially when I can have "the necessary / desirable "basics"" in what I've got -- and coming from 2.3.4 on the Huawei Sonic a few days ago, the differences are awesome.

Thanks again!!

Guest popoyaya

Absolute awesone support, you guys!! Thanks, heaps!!

At first, seeing the delay in response, then the inability to "resolve" the continued cycling, needing to wipe etc etc, I was afraid I'd bricked my phone, or at least wasted heaps of hours (all night session), The automated response emails quite rightly give one the way to resign from the list, but with help and support like this (this and later emails "below" mine before), there's no way I'd do that.

But, for this newbie, I thinking sticking with an R6 might be better than rushing to an R2, and coming back in a few weeks/months than taking further risks, especially when I can have "the necessary / desirable "basics"" in what I've got -- and coming from 2.3.4 on the Huawei Sonic a few days ago, the differences are awesome.

Thanks again!!

Try them all. When you get used to it, it takes 5 minutes to flash a new rom and get it up and running. I'd recommend the latest and greatest 10.1. A few niggling issues but nothing show-stopping and you get to live "on the edge" ^<_<

Edited by popoyaya

Guest AussieExpat

Try them all. When you get used to it, it takes 5 minutes to flash a new rom and get it up and running. I'd recommend the latest and greatest 10.1. A few niggling issues but nothing show-stopping and you get to live "on the edge" ^ <_<

Does anyone know about problems with barcode scanner apps? -- I tried my past fave by ZXING TEAM, but had problems with both it and QuckMark -- "duplicating" the image, but nothing in terms of a successful scan

Guest ahatomastarday

The new 10.1 update is cool! it has features from the 5.0 Lemon pie! 29fps in GTAIII and 24 in the vice city. Great work, keep up!

Huh? It has features from an OS that doesn't even exist yet? And what update are you talking about anyway?

Guest AussieExpat

Huh? It has features from an OS that doesn't even exist yet? And what update are you talking about anyway?

I think that person was referring to the update that my phone advised was available to me, after the difficulties i had installing the 4.2.2 ROM, CM10.1, since I've got CM 10 running

Incidentally, the Barcode Scanner was running better under the stock 4.0.3 ROM than under 2.3.6, now it's cactus! (VERY problematic and nonfunctional) with the same problem occurring under both programs.

BUT doesn't installing a new ROM require re-installation of all your programs??

which if you've installed lots of apps (20+) becomes a MAJOR pain!!!

Guest Ironandroid

Hi to everyone. I am asking a question: how to swap sd card . In other cm 10.1 rom i just edited the vold.fstab file exchanging sdcard 0 and 1 and verything worked fine but here it seems that the internal sd is blocked and when swapped the external sd disappears. Any help ?

P.s if the question has been posted already elsewhere please accept my apology but i could not find it

Guest Higgy69

Umm could be an April Fools' but I get a feeling that Dazzozo does have a good sense of humour, so he might have released an update today to cause some ?!? ;)

:D

Guest nsmacd1

Umm could be an April Fools' but I get a feeling that Dazzozo does have a good sense of humour, so he might have released an update today to cause some ?!? ;)

:D

Think it's an April fool, as the next release will be Key Lime Pie (Android K) and not 'Lemon Pie' - The releases are alphabetical. ie -

D onut

E clair

F royo

G ingerbread

H oneycomb

I ce Cream Sandwich (Not Sundae! :) )

J ellybean

K ey Lime Pie

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest kyan31

Think it's an April fool, as the next release will be Key Lime Pie (Android K) and not 'Lemon Pie' - The releases are alphabetical. ie -

D onut

E clair

F royo

G ingerbread

H oneycomb

I ce Cream Sundae

J ellybean

K ey Lime Pie

*Ice cream sandwich

:P