[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest AussieExpat

Just to TRY and keep this on topic about Daz's grand new rom: Loving it so far. It's fast, smooth, keyboard lag on swifkey is noticeably gone; no reboots or other nasties yet. Can't wait to see if the battery life is better!

Might I suggest reading some install guides again? Just so you know EXACTLY what to do.

This is what I'd do. OTher people and guides may suggest something else:

Pull the battery. Wait a bit. Turn phone on with vol up pressed to get into clockwork.

Download the ROM again on your PC. Make sure it completes. Dowload G Apps too. Find the "mount USB storage" option in clockwork on your phone (can't remember exactly where it is, sorry) and click it. plug phone into PC and stick the rom on your phone -- PC should see it as you have mounted USB storage in clockwork (no go? Do you have the proper USB drivers for the handset installed?). Make sure you copy the G apps across too. Make sure you copy to SD card, not internal phone storage.

Wipe Data./ Factory reset in clockwork.

Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.

Use 'install zip from external' in clockwork and install the ROM you downloaded and copied over. When its done, install Gapps. use 'reboot phone' option in clockwork.

Wait at least 15 minutes. Hope you get CM loading screen. If phone is still not doing anything (does not look like a phone or give first 'new phone screen'), go back to whatever rom you had last time that didn't give you problems. Do more reading and research on these forums and internet before you try again. Good luck.

thanks, will do as you suggest

unfortunately, actually finding those guides is easier said than done, if one doesn't already know the lingo -- I think most would say that even finding user guides for the basic functions is something easier said than done, at least for the newer android versions

and THEY don't get anywhere near these topics.

so, where to look for such guides is the NEXT question -- doing "uninformed" google searches hasn't proved that productive,

bought ROM Toolbox, which also doesn't come with user guides sfaik, and the on-screen options mention it's able to do things, but not HOW to do them. I'm sure it's a great app, if you already know what you're doing -- steep learning curve this!

but I do appreciate people's guidance, greatly.

Guest Balerion

I'm a completly noob when it comes to installing a custom ROM, so please be kind with me.

But after wanting for some time to install Jelly Bean to my G300 I decided to follow this tutorial: http://huaweig300.co...m-from-scratch/

(havent done any of the steps yet) I just need to find a ROM and I dont know which one I should be downloading, from that list that is shown in the linl the OP posted in the first post.

PS: What do you think, is there any risk I do something wrong if I follow that tutorial to the letter?

Thank you very much, your help will be much appreciated :)

Edited by Balerion

Guest AussieExpat

I'm a completly noob when it comes to installing a custom ROM, so please be kind with me.

But after wanting for some time to install Jelly Bean to my G300 I decided to follow this tutorial: http://huaweig300.co...m-from-scratch/

(havent done any of the steps yet) I just need to find a ROM and I dont know which one I should be downloading, from that list that is shown in the linl the OP posted in the first post.

PS: What do you think, is there any risk I do something wrong if I follow that tutorial to the letter?

Thank you very much, your help will be much appreciated :)

that's an excellent tutorial, it got me to install CM10.1 -R2, but then, the tutorial doesn't problems from there -- it doesn't provide enough indepth information to actually UNDERSTAND what you doing so, it's excellent, IF --

• if, you follow it exactly, as people have said
  • if, nothing goes wrong, it covers one or two things going wrong
  • once you're on R3 (or it will be R3, PROVIDING you don't have any problems downloading or installing the files), IF YOU DO -- there's no contact link on that site to ask further questions that I could use, and then you're in the same position I'm in

Guest matthewfrost

when i updat i cant use play google why?

what did you update from? If you updated from and ICS or earlier ROM then you need to flash the JB google apps (in first post)

Guest dinamo1975

Hi,

I want to install the Google Apps, and I noticed that in the Zip file, is a folder named "optional". Is any problem if I delete this folder? Does it affect anything in the system?

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest TangerineTractor

no issues switching from Home WiFi to 3g so far....

if you find the camera a bit slow, try miui camera, it's very responsive.

Guest dakok

Flashed it yesterday.

Made two calls, just now, both didn`t make it through. No ringing, nothing.

Called another phone, in front of me - nothing, again.

???

Multibaseband thingy?

Edited by dakok

Guest dipacheco

MAJOR PROBLEM... HELP NEEDED PLEASE...

I've done the download of the update, choose update... the mobile reeboted and starts instalation. Then an error poped up and the instalation was aborted. I've made reboot and nothing happens. The mobile stills on splash screen of HUAWEI and doesn't go anywhere from there. I've tried to push the power button for 20 seconds so that i could go to the root options and nothing happened to... so... i'm without mobile. Can anyone help me PLEASE?!

Guest AussieExpat

Just to TRY and keep this on topic about Daz's grand new rom: Loving it so far. It's fast, smooth, keyboard lag on swifkey is noticeably gone; no reboots or other nasties yet. Can't wait to see if the battery life is better!

Might I suggest reading some install guides again? Just so you know EXACTLY what to do. Experience will teach you most, but this is dealign with things that can wreck your phone. You've probably now realised the horrible sinking feeling when you think you might have bricked it. It's not nice. Read as many guides and threads as you can. This is why I use a £100 phone; if I bricked an S3, it would matter more; with this it is not the end of the world.

This is what I'd do. Other people and guides may suggest something else:

Pull the battery. Wait a bit. Turn phone on with vol up pressed to get into clockwork.

Download the ROM again on your PC. Make sure it completes. Dowload G Apps too. Find the "mount USB storage" option in clockwork on your phone (can't remember exactly where it is, sorry) and click it. plug phone into PC and stick the rom on your phone -- PC should see it as you have mounted USB storage in clockwork (no go? Do you have the proper USB drivers for the handset installed?). Make sure you copy the G apps across too. Make sure you copy to SD card, not internal phone storage.

Wipe Data./ Factory reset in clockwork.

Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.

Use 'install zip from external' in clockwork and install the ROM you downloaded and copied over. When its done, install Gapps. use 'reboot phone' option in clockwork.

Wait at least 15 minutes. Hope you get CM loading screen. If phone is still not doing anything (does not look like a phone or give first 'new phone screen'), go back to whatever rom you had last time that didn't give you problems. Do more reading and research on these forums and internet before you try again. Good luck.

edit: Starting places for you = Any thread in here where someone asks a question. Try here or here and here. Any threads on clockwork. This thread. Read them all, right the way through. Use the search function too.

Liesse, I can't figure out now if your response was meant to be HELPFUL or UN-helpful

but I guess, you didn't read how I used those same guides you link to to get a WORKING phone up from 2.3.6 to 4.2.2 R2,

only to have it all fall over when confronted by a problem with OTA

resulting now in a NON working phone that those guides weren't designed for.

Guest popoyaya

But... i can't access the menu to make things like usb debugging...

Start the phone holding volume up to get into recovery. From there you can wipe & reflash.

Guest Liesse

AussieExpat: As you've pointed out the pictoral guide is a good starting point. More in depth information can be gained by reading the threads through that I linked to. Or other threads in which people posted problems. You need to build on the information in there. I know it is frustrating when you are starting out. But read as much as you can and you'll learn by getting yourself out of these scrapes.

I've also posted one solution to your problem (and that of dipacheco, who seems to have the same issue)

Redownload the rom and flash it again through clockwork. My post tells you how to do that when you can't boot the phone normally.

popoyaya has just posted how to get into clockwork recovery.

Did trying those things work?

Edited by Liesse

Guest dakok

Do you have gsm signal Dadok? :D

I had an icon for network, if you mean that, but when called - just a silence.

Didn`t try to call myself from somewhere, but I guess it would be the same.

Same thing happened while trying 3 different GB roms on 2030 baseband.

Guest popoyaya

I had an icon for network, if you mean that, but when called - just a silence.

Didn`t try to call myself from somewhere, but I guess it would be the same.

Same thing happened while trying 3 different GB roms on 2030 baseband.

Try installing a stock rom using update.app, might restore your broken ril.

Guest Liesse

dipacheco: Then take the SD card out of your phone and connect it to your PC with an adaptor (or straight in if your PC has a reader). Copy the ROM and Gapps across that way, then put the SD card back in the phone. Boot into clockwork and flash the rom.

Guest Gabriel94

Dazzozo's CM ROMs are allways nice to see, but this is the first CM ROM that doesn't have the Volume Rocker Wake option in Settings > Display

Well, since 4.2.2 or CM10.1 there seem to be some problems with it, Dazzozo could you bring the Volume Rocker Wake option in your next release please?

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/70081-volume-rocker-wake-gone/