[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest samjam
i see many people have this issue with battery, i see that it is caused by media server, so i looked around the internet and many people seem to have it, some people got rid of this issue by removing music or some heavy apps... so thats not the best solution, maybe you people have any idea how to save battery? because i want to have my music on phone and i don't have any music player

That's interesting, how did you find it was that?

Guest AussieExpat

it seems based on un-informed parroting of old, thiird-party, reports of such apps as MixZing sucking up battery juice NOT an informed, and scientific, observation of this particular ROM -- quite without these apps being used, the battery use problem of THIS ROM remains

come on moderators!!! close down this thread, or someone release an update to the ROM that addresses the call quality, and battery use, problems!!

Guest NBatalha

it seems based on un-informed parroting of old, thiird-party, reports of such apps as MixZing sucking up battery juice NOT an informed, and scientific, observation of this particular ROM -- quite without these apps being used, the battery use problem of THIS ROM remains

come on moderators!!! close down this thread, or someone release an update to the ROM that addresses the call quality, and battery use, problems!!

and also the gaming problems please :unsure:

Guest jb303

Hi for me stock ICS ROM I used to get 4-5 days out of it but now its only just 2 with v light use.

For me this is the only drawback of this rom wonder if this will get better?

Wonder what was so different about how it used battery?

Guest AussieExpat

Hi for me stock ICS ROM I used to get 4-5 days out of it but now its only just 2 with v light use.

For me this is the only drawback of this rom wonder if this will get better?

Wonder what was so different about how it used battery?

I'd imagine if any further improvements were to have been made, they would have been made by now by the dev, thanks, Daz, you've given us, with a budget phone, a look at what JB is like, but we're not going to get any better performance at the broader range of tasks with such a cheap device -- for those wanting not just "bragging rights" -- "Look, my phone runs JB!!" but a phone that performs JB functions well, we'll need to look at a different device, or one that runs ICS with reasonable battery and phone qualities, it's back to ICS ROM -- at least we won't have to fuss with 8+ versions of a ROM like we've had to in the past.

So, now it's time to end notifications from this thread -- nothing more to look forward to, and please go elsewhere with the basic questions, eh?

Guest soulhand

So, now it's time to end notifications from this thread -- nothing more to look forward to, and please go elsewhere with the basic questions, eh?

If you don't want to read the thread any more, then don't.

I think it's premature to declare the end of this thread - and ROM.

Guest psionandy

Or better still... leave it alone and allow users to choose any of the roms on this forum, depending on the users preferences, requirements, and features.

Personally call quality isn't a problem for me, and I'm willing to trade some battery life for better performance. Daz (and any of the other Rom developers here) isn't my personal servant. I'm grateful for the work he (and others) have put in.. but he isn't under any obligation to me to issues any updates at 3am in the morning.

If you prefer another rom or device fine. Not a problem. Enjoy it. But there's no need to rain on the parade.

Guest Wellus

First of all i saw that my battery drains faster, although i don't really care because i can use my phone for 3 days at least, but anyway i tried to find out what was the cause of all this. So i just opened battery stats and saw that there was this thing called media server and after that it was all google, after many forum threads i found that people tried to remove their music from phone and it helped, others had apps with huge database, so they tried to remove them too and it helped. Although some people reported that if they have stock JB with all the bloatware, then it works fine.

Guest Biesiukas

Hello guys, I looked also what is draining my battery. Its of course weird but its "Mobile standby" (Battery used by mobile radio) 66 percent. :) funny thing isnt it?

Very good rom exept the battery usage. Thinking about getting back to ICS :(

Guest dakok

I wonder why you guys, aussie and the previous one, moan about bad JB and wanting to revert to ICS?

We have a decent JB for g300.

You only have to look at another topic from Dazzozo.

:)

Guest G@mbler

I have tried it and currently is running on my huawei, to bad it doens´t overclock.Hope you keep up the good work guys.

No Bugs yet detected. WiFI and bluetooth working just fine..

Camera mode with HDR it´s just awesome.

I really appreciate it.... ;)

Waiting for the new update.

Edited by G@mbler

Guest Rattonboy
I have tried it and currently is running on my huawei, to bad it doens´t overclock.Hope you keep up the good work guys.

No Bugs yet detected. WiFI and bluetooth working just fine..

Camera mode with HDR it´s just awesome.

I really appreciate it.... ;)

Waiting for the new update.

CM10.1 allows overclocking

Guest G@mbler

Does anyone knows how to restore the all backup contacts?

I have every thing there, and with this new firmware, all backup is not supported. I`ve downloaded the cwm version but it still doest work. :(

Guest bogdanius

I made account only to say that this ROM is a purely amazing, thank you so much for the efforts!

Just to state that by reading the topic one can get very wrong picture of the whole thing as everybody is complaining about bugs and stuff, and I, personally, was awfully skeptic to try it (been using CM9 for a while and it is wonderful too, but this is a huge step forward).

I want to encourage everybody to try it, and I'm sure no-one will regret because it is as smooth as silk, beautiful, usable, fast...

Best wishes to Daz & other guys who contributed,

Bogdan

Guest anuky

Hello everybody,

first of all i want to thank Dazzozo for this pure awesome Rom. I’m using it since the release of R3. In my opinion it`s faster and smoother then every stock-based alternative.

Some of you mentioned that the Rom suddenly gets slow after some time, I suffered from this issue yesterday but wiping the Dalvikcache via recovery solved it. It’s like the first day again.

For me the batterylife is the most interesting point. When I wanted to recalibrate the Batterystats with the help of zeppelinroxs Die-Hard_Battery_Calibrator_RC8.sh script (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021) I recorgnised something strange:

As you can see in the Screenshot the remaining batteryvoltage detected by the script differs a lot from the value the phone shows, so maybe the phones calculation is too pessimistic. It “thinks” it’s empty but it isn’t.

Of course the script can be wrong, too. In order to find it out:

Can anybody with a stock based rom check out batteryvoltage shortly before the phone shuts down (<10%) please?

Greetings

post-983050-0-41603800-1366046516_thumb.

Guest popoyaya

Hello guys, I looked also what is draining my battery. Its of course weird but its "Mobile standby" (Battery used by mobile radio) 66 percent. :) funny thing isnt it?

Very good rom exept the battery usage. Thinking about getting back to ICS :(

I believe the battery drain is 3G related. With data turned on battery lasts about 25% compared to data off.