[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest wards5150

i've encountered an issue when i try to use voice search from google its instantly shuts down and i can do nothing ,i already reinstalled gapps whiped everything but still voice search is forceclosing instantly any help?

+1 for tethering not working. Unlike CM9 (where only Open security worked) the network doesn't actually appear in this rom. I'm going to try some 3rd party tether apps on the market and see if they fix it. Other than that and the camera I can't be alone here in saying that this rom is nigh on PERFECT. The best thing ever released for our G300. It's so responsive, Swiftkey doesn't have to play catchup when I'm typing (even in Whatsapp), I've had no force closes at all.

Dazz from what I gather you've got a Nexus 4 now so you're really only doing this for fun and keeping development on this phone alive. Top man, probably the most important person in regards to this phone. Huawei should have shot you an email as soon as they started thinking about a Gingerbread upgrade, nuff said!

Edited by ACS10

I tried Wireless Tether for Root Users (Muller, Lemons, Buxton) on the Store but same problem - no SSID broadcast. Also USB tethering always says "No Internet Access".

About battery life - it's fasntastic. When I took it off charge this morning it was on 92% for some reason then went down to 70% quickly which makes me think I need to clear my battery stats, but it's only down to 50% after about 2 hours of calls, a few SMS/whatsapp, some browsing, a bit of TuneIn etc. So a massive improvement over CM9.

This surely has to be recommended as the most complete and stable rom for the G300 now. Fix tethering and the camera and it's the real deal - absolutely no reason for anybody to be on stock anymore. :D :D :D

Edit :: For a temp fix for the camera, try "Fast Burst Camera" app. It's something I've used for snaps on my G300 for a while as the stock camera was so slow on everything, obviously it's more of a problem in this rom but just another excuse to try that app out 'til its fixed. The photos are lower res but you can continuously shoot photos without any delay.

Edited by ACS10

Guest Higgy69

This is fantastic, everything I have used works well, the only slight issue is Google Now, you talk to it and it keeps listening for ages after you have finished speaking, has anyone else noticed this minor issue?

Andrew

I also noticed this. CM10 did not have this, Google Now voice search felt a little faster in reacting. To get the voice to stop listening on CM10.1 I make a little noise, that seems to work. Strange but it works.

Sorry forgot to say, JB 4.2.1 on G300! Daz youareA a programming Legend!

Edited by Higgy69

Guest scottwild.co

This is good so far. Using third party apps that access the camera and it works. I also feel its a smoother experience navigating around on 4.2 then 4.1.

For me 4.2 is a keeper. 4.1 IMO is isn't worth keeping on my phone and that's at version R5 :wacko:

Dazzozo .... THANK YOU :D

Guest scottwild.co

Hi sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the best way to update 10.1 from 10 r5? If its a clean install how do i go about doing that?

I would start again and I'd do a clean install (which i have). This would give you damage limitation on any issues.

Assuming you know how to install a ROM via Clockworkmod, you would update to 4.2 the same way you did 4.1 except when your in Clockworkmod

you would need to use the

wipe data factory reset option. Then go into mounts and storage Then select the format the system option.

After its all done formatting go back to the main menu on Clockworkmod and select

Advanced then select reboot recovery. When rebooted back in to Clockwork mod install ROM as usual.

Edited by scottwild.co

Guest Keshavkrs

Only issue I have found is that when you go to change the ringtone or notification sounds (in system settings or an app) it doesn't preview the sound when clicking on it.

working perfectly here.....

is any replacement camera app?

ICS camera wont working

Fast Burst Camera is working fine, you might want to just test others out that you like the look of until Dazz fixes the stock one.

Guest glassblower

Superb. Thank you, Daz. I was previously using Infusion ICS Rev.7 but was unable to download MMS pictures. This worked straight out of the box.

Noticed that the network operator is shown as "Hutchison 3G UK LTD" whereas the Infusion ROM simply said "3". Definitely NOT complaining though. Very, very pleased.

GB

Guest lucrece1973

IP-TV apps not working properly (tried spbtv, 1tv, IPTV). First 2 don't show video though sound is present, IPTV does show video but causes reboot in a few seconds of playing. A problem with video decoding, possibly.

Guest Dellboy2012
is google now supposed to be included in the gapps zip? i cant find it...

It's not working for me either. I reinstalled everything twice with no luck. I just get classic search app. Is there any workaround for Google now?

Guest Tardelo

hi, a silly question:

when i make a call, the phone app goes to notification bar.. How i stop it? I mean when i want to do a call i want that app up, to when i wanna turn off the call i can easy shut off.. in the red button.

For example when i make (or receive) a call, the phone app hide to notification bar, and when i want to shut it off, i need to pull notification bar down, and close it there or open the phone app then close.. (too much actions)

BTW: Great Rom, loving it... good job

Edited by Tardelo

I am so pleased with this rom. It is smooth, fast and responsive. I did a full wipe and even flattened my SD card before installing. to make sure I would get the best experience, slightly worried I;d have to go back to CM10 on such a new rom. I neededn't have worried at all. Everything I have asked the phone to do, it has done smoothly. This rom simply works well.

The only slight annoyances I've had I think are JB problems - widgets not resizing correctly and paid widgets (and keyboards) vanishing after a reboot. Titanium has sorted my widget problem.

Fagulhas & Dazzozo thank you for all your hard work. I cannot imagine the hard work that has gone in here. The fact that Cm10.1 is so new anyway makes it more impressive. Please know how much your efforts are appreciated: you give us all a great experience with out little phone.

Guest Dellboy2012

OK, for everyone with Google now problems:

1. Manage applications> force close google search app

2. Clear data

3. Clear cache

4. Change system language to English.

5. Start gsearch.

6. Wait for cards to load

7. Revert to your language.

Edited by Dellboy2012