[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest wbrambley
Further to my messages yesterday, I followed the upgrade/downgrade thread and was able to downgrade, install ICS official to return to baseband 2030, root then re-install CM10.1 4.2.2.

I am now on 4.2.2 baseband 2030.

I am curious though, what is everyone's Mobile Network type?

I am in the UK using Three mobile, the network type depending on signal strength is either UMTS:3 or HSDPA:8.

I tried the upgrade to HSDPA:11, however, when i restarted my phone it had zero'd my IMEI and displayed an 'incompatible handset' notification after which it would not register on my mobile phone network.

I also attempted to make a IMEI backup and just replace the 5.img to allow me to keep the modem files, but this also did not work.

I was able to restore the IMEI from my 5irom back-up which returned me to HSDPA:8.

Is there any way to get HSDPA:11?

Try flashing hspa11 before the ROM. And/or I have heard restarting several times helps too.

Or just flash the whole B926 stock ROM.

Guest Dazzozo

(Screen 1)

So, some oddities were noticed by me! ..

1. As you can see in the screenshot - says that a new version of CM-9 *** BUT I HAVE SET CM-10 ....

2. http://www.getcm.the...vice=u8815 =

There are already assembled on May 21, but - on the phone neotobrazilas (pressed update list)

That's not an oddity. That's just how it works. The app is pretty crappy and should filter like the website does, but I'm not responsible for it.

CM Updater app bugs that way -> https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/issues/

Guest clayts450

Glad I didn't 'defect' to another ROM - updated OTA to the latest nightly last night (think I was on R1 or R2, can't remember which), and everything is working fine - good battery life, no reboots, phone working well.

Great work, Dazzozo - just made a small contribution to thank you for breathing yet more new life into this little fella

Edited by clayts450

Guest alen5555

Ok i tried to update may h g300 via CM UPDATES on the phone but on the booting my phone is blocked.What to doo naow to unblock the phone.I'ts blocked on the Huawei Ascend logo

Guest lakyljuk

Can you get to CWM? Turn on phone and hold Volume UP until CWM appears. From there you can wipe/factory reset or reflash again.

Guest alen5555

Can you get to CWM? Turn on phone and hold Volume UP until CWM appears. From there you can wipe/factory reset or reflash again.

Already try that but still not working.Alvays blocked on Huawei Ascend logo

Guest SyrupDErable

Already try that but still not working.Alvays blocked on Huawei Ascend logo

do you think you're stalled in Bootloader?

Do you know how to get out of that? run batch file with USB cable connecting device to PC?

Guest Fenomenorx

Hi Dazz. Great rom.

How can i wake up phone with the volume keys?

Is possible to get sd card as default storage?

Thanks

Guest Worlon

Hi Dazz. Great rom.

How can i wake up phone with the volume keys?

Is possible to get sd card as default storage?

Thanks

In Settings where you can set the screen light intensity and wallpaper in that menu you can set the weakup for volum key. Last option.

Is possible to get sd card as default storage? I also would like to know this thing.

AND

How can I dissable that, when the phone goes to sleep mode the w-fi drop the contact? I set on the Wi-Fi always ON fuction, but this si not working.

Edited by Worlon

Guest SyrupDErable

Tks.

Google search give me force closes, you know why?

try downloading Google search again -- this happened for me HEAPS of times when I was first starting out on this ROM -- particuarly when trying to use Voice search -- again, always ensure you've wiped thoroughly at the start.

Guest tpradebe

Change Log:

Changes in nightly builds since R4:

• Reverted the change to memory sizes, caused reboots (thanks kra1o5)
  • Removed power HAL, improves battery life (thanks kra1o5)
  • Fixed VOIP audio routing, e.g Viber (thanks ezeteze)
  • Possible "fix" for signal drops? Maybe...

28/04/2013 - R4
    • Revert to 2030 RIL, should still work on 109808 baseband
    • Switched back to noop scheduler, makes a massive performance difference
    • Caved to peer pressure and reduced mdp/adsp memory sizes, saves 15mb RAM
    • Disable CPU idle, improves battery (thanks kra1o5)
    • Changed backlight values (thanks kra1o5)
    • Enabled volume rocker wake setting
    • Enabled expanded desktop setting
    • Set max background apps to 10
    • Reverted lights HAL changes
    • Fixed device hardware keys value
    • Enabled screen on when USB unplugged
    • Minor clean ups

02/04/2013 - R3
      • CM now works on both basebands (in a single zip) with some minor caveats:
        • Bluetooth MAC address is wrong under the 109808 baseband, since the serial number of the device is used for it, which differs from the MAC address on 109808. A solution is still being found.
        • No overclocking on 109808 yet.
        • Fixed "adb root" locking adb until the USB was replugged
        • Fixed Wi-Fi tethering (thanks kra1o5)
        • Changes to power HAL which was apparently causing a lot of the battery drain
        • Major changes to Bluetooth - shouldn't crap out anymore but there may still be a few oddities (such as disabling), still working on it.
        • Minor optimisations
        • Switch to filesystem mounter (Jelly Bean style) instead of manually mounting partitions
        • Removed some junk Qualcomm LTE services and other crap
        • Changes to Lights HAL - should fix all bugs with blinking
        • Completely new kernel based on the latest Huawei release, used the opportunity to fix some minor irritants
        • Fixed light sensor
        • Fixed weird bugs that appeared in R2 after the 4.2.2 merge

16/02/2013 - R2

• Update to Android 4.2.2 (MR1.1), things to note:

• ADB now requires you to approve the PC you're using it at on the device
            • Bluetooth is a little more temperamental than on 4.2.1. When disabling, "Bluetooth Share" will force close.

[*]Stuff and things are faster in kilofasts

[*]Voice call changes

[*]Lockscreen lag fixed

[*]Minor KGSL tweaks

[*]Fix an error in the video driver and a load of kmsg spam

[*]Minor changes to power profile for battery stats (thanks kra1o5)

[*]Remove MR0 audio blobs, fix audio properly (thanks adfad666)

[*]Add extra check in power HAL to ensure governor is ondemand

27/01/2013 - R1

[*]Initial release.

when should we expect the next release because the R4 made me go back to stock ICS, the R3 was not very bad

Guest Worlon

when should we expect the next release because the R4 made me go back to stock ICS, the R3 was not very bad

Try the nightly build, it works great!

Guest Worlon

I have this version cm-10.1-20130521-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip (before R4). In both versions - if I set govermont from ondemand to interactive, and change min cpu and max cpu, after restart phone is again govermont odnemand (not set interactive) and min/max cpu is not set!

Did you checked the "Set automatice after restart" option ?? (not the totaly same, I use other OS language.)

Edited by Worlon

Guest Johnnyd1979

So far this is the first CM 10.1 I'm really happy with.

There's a major increase in battery life. Google now not crashing. Signal is not dropping anymore and voice quality is ok.

The only Major problem I have is the same as with all CM releases. The proximity sensor blocks the screen when making/receiving a call. If I press the top left of the phone from front and back it solves the problem, but that is not a solution. I thought it was only a problem with hardware, but it doesn't happen with the Vodafone Rom it came with. So I can't ask for a new one at Vodafone. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

Edited by Johnnyd1979

Guest Worlon

So far this is the first CM 10.1 I'm really happy with.

There's a major increase in battery life. Google now not crashing. Signal is not dropping anymore and voice quality is ok.

The only Major problem I have is the same as with all CM releases. The proximity sensor blocks the screen when making/receiving a call. If I press the top left of the phone from front and back it solves the problem, but that is not a solution. I thought it was only a problem with hardware, but it doesn't happen with the Vodafone Rom it came with. So I can't ask for a new one at Vodafone. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

My sensor works fine.

Guest arranhs

Hi Dazzozo

I don't suppose there is any way you could make pie control available on this rom? Like just make a separate zip that we can flash if we wish to have it?

Regards

Guest lakyljuk

I am using latest nightly and can confirm, that there are no issues for me - no dead signal, reboots, FC or similar. Thanks for this.