[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest lakyljuk

Hi Dazzozo

I don't suppose there is any way you could make pie control available on this rom? Like just make a separate zip that we can flash if we wish to have it?

Regards

I guess you can try Electra rom which is based on Dazz CM10.1 R4 and has pie control. But idk if latest nightlies are implemented or not.

Guest Johnnyd1979

My sensor works fine.

Well good for you, but mine doesn't. Disabling it is good enough for me so I'm happy a solution might appear soon.

Edited by Johnnyd1979

Guest kyan31

@Dazzozo

Will you continue to upload Nightlies, or will you eventually make a solid Experimental ROM (R5)?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the work around here.

Guest JRow

Updated to the nightly yesterday and all is peachy :) No more 'process has stopped wait or quit' messages,no reboots,no mobile network barfs and havent had to charge the battery today either

Cheers Daz

Guest huaweig300lx

Hi!

I'm REALLY happy with this ROM, but for me it as a major upset.... the battery drains within a day!

I don't use the phone a lot...radio in the morning...little bit of browsing at lunch... one or two phone calls a day...

Any clue why this is happening?

tnks a lot

keep up the good work!!

Guest kyan31

Hi!

I'm REALLY happy with this ROM, but for me it as a major upset.... the battery drains within a day!

I don't use the phone a lot...radio in the morning...little bit of browsing at lunch... one or two phone calls a day...

tnks a lot

keep up the good work!!

I have no idea why people ask for fixes lol, if there was a fix, you would have it. Nightlies are also being released now, and Dazzozo is usually on IRC so there is no excuse about not getting new features etc.

If you do need to save power, put auto brightness on and install Greenify, that has quite an impact on battery - a positive one of course.

Guest lejkabasz

Set only 2g and better use 3g/H only when really need it. With 3g/H + radio fe my battery life approx 3hrs. When is off or just using 2g it jumps to ~15.

Edited by lejkabasz

Guest Dazzozo

The only Major problem I have is the same as with all CM releases. The proximity sensor blocks the screen when making/receiving a call. If I press the top left of the phone from front and back it solves the problem, but that is not a solution. I thought it was only a problem with hardware, but it doesn't happen with the Vodafone Rom it came with. So I can't ask for a new one at Vodafone. Hopefully something good will come out of this.

I don't understand the description of the problem. What exactly is it doing that it shouldn't be? Is it not meant to disable the screen when in call at close proximity?

Guest kyan31
Is here any way to change LCD density in this ROM?

Go to the build prop and change the LCD density line from 240 to your preferred value. Anything over 180 DPI should be fine, less than that doesn't look good on the G300.

Guest Dazzozo

@Dazzozo

Will you continue to upload Nightlies, or will you eventually make a solid Experimental ROM (R5)?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the work around here.

The nightly system will just mind its own business and continue to push out builds automatically. They'll be nightly for the latest and active branch and weekly for everything else.

I will still do the old style R# releases, and they'll typically be after a few significant changes and after a few nightlies have tested them out.

Hi Dazzozo

I don't suppose there is any way you could make pie control available on this rom? Like just make a separate zip that we can flash if we wish to have it?

Regards

Is it not already in the nightlies? I'm pretty sure that feature has been part of CM for at least a few weeks now.

The thing most people miss is that you need expanded desktop mode on to use it.

Guest Johnnyd1979

I don't understand the description of the problem. What exactly is it doing that it shouldn't be? Is it not meant to disable the screen when in call at close proximity?

The moment the call starts It locks (turns off) the screen. No matter what distance I am from it. It only unlocks when the call ends on the other side. It's impossible for me to end the call, use loudspeaker, change volume, etc. I thought the phone was faulty and finally decided to downgrade to the original Vodafone rom and ask for a new one, but to my great surprise calls worked normally again.

Guest kyan31

The nightly system will just mind its own business and continue to push out builds automatically. They'll be nightly for the latest and active branch and weekly for everything else.

I will still do the old style R# releases, and they'll typically be after a few significant changes and after a few nightlies have tested them out.

OK then, thanks for the reply. I'll probably wait for a solid R# release then as I am completely happy with CMR4. Thanks :)

Guest Fenomenorx

The rom is great, but I have a problem.

Since i moved to this rom, some messages are not received by the other person.

I get the report that was delivered, but the other person does not receive.

What could it be?

Guest SyrupDErable

The rom is great, but I have a problem.

Since i moved to this rom, some messages are not received by the other person.

I get the report that was delivered, but the other person does not receive.

What could it be?

By m"messages" do you mean SMS?

Guest SyrupDErable

Yes :)

There could potentially be a large number of reasons for this, but I haven't seen this referred to here before, but that doesn't mean it has NOT been experienced before.

Have you searched this topic already, on this site?

What tests have you done already?

Is it happening with ALL messages you try to send, both SMS and MMS?

to ALL people in all locations? for how long has this been a problem?

When could you last successfully send a message?

Can you RECEIVE messages?

What tests could you do -- do you have a second device, with the same or a different ROM to test this?

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest SyrupDErable

Yes :)

Your cell network service provider will suggest among the followiing: Make sure these check out OK first:

• No network coverage.
  • Phone not connecting to the network properly.
  • Not enough credit.
  • Overloaded network.
  • Phone software fault.
  • Full in or sent mailbox.

If you’re having problems sending or receiving texts please check the following:
    • Your phone has network coverage.
    • Your sent items and received boxes aren’t full.
    • You have enough credit.

Start by rebooting your phone (turn it off for 1 minute). This normally reconnects your phone to the network.

Check your SMSC (Service Centre) number is +64220227672 (on most non-smartphones you'll find this in Message Settings under Message Centre, or if you have a smartphone dial *#*#4636#*#* then:

[*]Click on Phone Information.

[*]Scroll down to SMSC: and click on Refresh a

[*]Turn the phone off then on and try again.

[*]If you are still can’t send or receive you may have a corrupt message and need to delete some or all of your texts.

Guest Pyntux

Just installed latest nightly 23.05 and I can only say that this is for now very best JB rom for our phone...Beside that, I'm using this rom because can be used on any network, because (I think, I read about that on serbia android forum) this rom does not read SN good...but I think thats no big problem :)

Guest SyrupDErable

Your cell network service provider will suggest among the followiing: Make sure these check out OK first:

• No network coverage.
  • Phone not connecting to the network properly.
  • Not enough credit.
  • Overloaded network.
  • Phone software fault.
  • Full in or sent mailbox.

If you’re having problems sending or receiving texts please check the following:
    • Your phone has network coverage.
    • Your sent items and received boxes aren’t full.
    • You have enough credit.

Start by rebooting your phone (turn it off for 1 minute). This normally reconnects your phone to the network.

Check your SMSC (Service Centre) number is +64220227672 (on most non-smartphones you'll find this in Message Settings under Message Centre, or if you have a smartphone dial *#*#4636#*#* then:

[*]Click on Phone Information.

[*]Scroll down to SMSC: and click on Refresh a

[*]Turn the phone off then on and try again.

[*]If you are still can’t send or receive you may have a corrupt message and need to delete some or all of your texts.

IGNORE THAT +64 NUMBER -- copied from my network provider -- will be different from yours, but you should get the idea

Guest intensedarkness

Updated:

R4 issues:

• Bluetooth MAC address is wrong under the 109808 baseband (OP)
  • Random Bluetooth oddities, sometimes screws around when turning it off (OP)
  • No overclocking on 109808 yet (OP)
  • Hardware accelerated video decoding: OpenMax is not fully operational, though most applications decode video perfectly fine.
    • Working: BBC iPlayer, BBC Media Player, Stock video player, Gallery, MX player (SW, HW only), and others. Issues with TVCatchup app, but you can use android.tvcatchup.com on HQ/LQ with MX player S/W decoder perfectly fine.

[*]Camera shutter lag: Use third party app/reduce photo resolution if unbearable

[*]Call volume issue: Minimum call volume is too high - the minimum call volume is similar to the maximum call volume of stock ROM. Maximum call volume in this ROM is also too high, exceeding the upper amplitude threshold of the call speaker range, at which point the call is distorted. It makes the ROM difficult to use as a daily where you will be in quiet situations while on the phone (trains, buses, shops, at work), as you get the sensation that the call is on loudspeaker. Normally the minimum call volume is expected to be close to inaudibly quiet, with noticable incremental increases in call volume per single step increase in call volume.

Issues above observed when flashing ROM and JB gapps after full wipe/factory reset, and system & cust partition unmount and format x2 (two times) with battery pulls inbetween, using the recommended CWM version (see OP), ie. reboot recovery, CWM factory reset, mounts and storage, format system, format cust. Battery pull, and then repeat. Then flash ROM and new gapps.

If you're having issues which others are not, it's worth trying this method first, escpecially with battery pulls between the two factory resets and system and cust partition formats. Remember to unmount before formatting these partitions. Careful, don't format SD or emmc.

Great work, sincere gratitude towards the dev. Keep up the good work, confident everything will be resolved in time.

(Click the green up arrow if it appers here :-) )