[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest intensedarkness

that "explains" it -- correcting my earlier comment -- I ALWAYS have this "problem" which is not a problem, but an issue with Evernote, resolves quickly, all by itself, if it's what I think it's what you're referring to, after a few minutes, never to re-appear, until you reboot -- best imo to just ignore it until you have a REAL problem

Thanks FOR your OPINION. In my SITUATION this "problem" WHICH is A problem, does not RESOLVE itself no MATTER how long I WAIT, until a reboot. So IN summary, you're not EXPERIENCING the same SYMPTOMS that I am. IT is clearly a REAL problem, as all other APPS also SEE an empty SD card WHICH they cannot write TO. Evernote happens TO be the only app WHICH actually actively NOTIFIES the user IN this CASE.

So, anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Guest SyrupDErable

Thanks FOR your OPINION. In my SITUATION this "problem" WHICH is A problem, does not RESOLVE itself no MATTER how long I WAIT, until a reboot. So IN summary, you're not EXPERIENCING the same SYMPTOMS that I am. IT is clearly a REAL problem, as all other APPS also SEE an empty SD card WHICH they cannot write TO. Evernote happens TO be the only app WHICH actually actively NOTIFIES the user IN this CASE.

I do NOT know if this is really to it, but have you seen the latest update to Root Explorer mentioning:

"Workaround for internal storage mounting issue in su binary provided by CM 10.2 and ClockworkMod Superuser."

Guest SyrupDErable

I do NOT know if this is really to it, but have you seen the latest update to Root Explorer mentioning:

"Workaround for internal storage mounting issue in su binary provided by CM 10.2 and ClockworkMod Superuser."

Guest intensedarkness

No I haven't, WHAT date was that added to the LOG?

Guest SyrupDErable

No I haven't, WHAT date was that added to the LOG?

as I said, that info came with the latest update to Root Explorer -- check Google Play site

Guest intensedarkness

as I said, that info came with the latest update to Root Explorer -- check Google Play site

Will have to test when issue occurs next time.

Guest Jose Tapia

Hi, is there any chance this mod will work with the Huawei Ascend G312 (u8681), this is the hardware of this smartphone:

Qualcomm snapdragon S1 @1.4 Ghz

single core:

GPU: Adreno 205

1 Gb RAM

Guest qwertyu123

By the way, it's only me or notification light colour configuration doesn't work?

In my case I always get the same purple colour no matter which colour I configure in the: system - interface - notification light.

For charging, etc... it looks it works ok.

I'm using nightly 20130815

Anyone else? Is it normal due to G300 limitation?

Guest qwertyu123

By the way, it's only me or notification light colour configuration doesn't work?

In my case I always get the same purple colour no matter which colour I configure in the: system - interface - notification light.

Guest qwertyu123

Guest qwertyu123

Guest qwertyu123

Guest tropiman

Hi everyone! I want to upgrade my rom (stock ICS) to CyanogenMod 10, but I have questions before I proceed:

- I've got the backups of my apps and settings in the original Huawei backup app. After upgrading the rom, Will I be able to restore everything or do I have to use another app, such as Mybackup root?

- Can I directly use the last nightly? or do I have to first use the stable release and then the last nightly?

Many thanks in advance!! :)

Guest SyrupDErable

Hi everyone! I want to upgrade my rom (stock ICS) to CyanogenMod 10, but I have questions before I proceed:

- I've got the backups of my apps and settings in the original Huawei backup app. After upgrading the rom, Will I be able to restore everything or do I have to use another app, such as Mybackup root?

- Can I directly use the last nightly? or do I have to first use the stable release and then the last nightly?

Many thanks in advance!! :)

I'm not sure what you've currently got -- if you've got root access the following applies,

if not, some won't -- so ask for clarification

I've read your comments about Huawei backup BUT the following is what I'd do, overall the safest imo:

BUT first things first -- read the previous posts on this list -- You WON'T be able to use all the apps / features that came with the stock ROM -- look in particular for the previous posts about the lockscreen app -- the Lockscreen app in this ROM is part of the "framework", and so cannot be easily replaced -- without decompiling the ROM and virtually creating your own brand new one -- NOT something I'd recommend most people do ;-)

This is what I'd do -- to me it's the safest way of doing this, but many would miss one or more steps

RE -- THE BACKUP

SO --

first, download & install Titanium Backup Pro -- one of the few apps that truly deserve 5 star imo

second, download APN Backup and Restore from Play

https://play.google....upRestore&hl=en

to ensure you've got the connection settings to re-connect to your network (I've never needed it, but just in case...)

third, backup your APN settings

fourth, backup any essential apps / data with Titanium Backup

fifth, perform a nandroid backup using the Recovery on your phone -- so if all goes wrong, you can re-boot into recovery and restore everything you had before

!!! You don't have to use the stable release, the nightly is very stable now !!!

you'll need to download from, say, Jenkins:

http://jenkins.thebr...om/job/android/

after that you can use the nightly OTA procedures -- ENSURING you've got a GOOD, and STABLE wi-fi connection -- something which probably accounts for a LOT of the problems people report here

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest tropiman

Thanks SyrupDErable!

I think I'm going to upgrade... I've already done the root and recovery.

So I'm going to backup using titanium.

One last question: Is it really worth to change from stock ICS to CyanogenMod? (I've had a bad experience using it in a Motorola Quench)

Thank you!!

Guest SyrupDErable

Thanks SyrupDErable!

One last question: Is it really worth to change from stock ICS to CyanogenMod? (I've had a bad experience using it in a Motorola Quench)

Thank you!!

that's a very good question, not as good a question as it used to be, given that the performance of the rom seems to have improved over time

some people give up using it, saying it has features that they don't need, that it's not as fast as ICS, that it lacks some "important", like the Lockscreen app they prefer,

SO it's a very "personal" question -- now you've had some experience with rooting your phone and playing with different ROMs, there's little to lose by giving it a try IF you make sure to do your backups each time before you install a new rom

all I can is, given the limitations of the device, it does all I want it to, as fast as I want it to, and I'm really glad, all in all, that I made the change

and I'm really grateful to Dazzozo for all his past, and ongoing work!

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest Symao96

The battery is better since the beginning of August? I've changed the rom to slimbean and the battery is almost awesome but I've some problems with text messages and the only problem with this rom is the battery, any "news" about that?

Guest tropiman

My phone is quite slow lately (stock ICS). If I upgrade to Cyanogen JB... is it going to work faster? If not maybe the change will be useless.

Is it normal that my phone created 2 "sdcard" files?

Thanks 4 the help!

Guest qwertyu123

Thanks SyrupDErable!

Thank you!!

For me the only important issue it has, is battery life, which is much shorter than with stock ICS. Even though I stopped google now and other services I don't use, I need to charge my phone during the day if I want to reach the end of the day...

Guest qwertyu123

Install Light Flow or Blink for the colour options

Yeah, but it cannot work with CM stock condition? Otherwise what's the point of keeping options that doesn't work there?

Guest popoyaya

For me the only important issue it has, is battery life, which is much shorter than with stock ICS. Even though I stopped google now and other services I don't use, I need to charge my phone during the day if I want to reach the end of the day...

Stock based roms have better battery life. I've found Baidu to be the best and it doesn't have the distorted call quality problem.

Guest qwertyu123

Stock based roms have better battery life. I've found Baidu to be the best and it doesn't have the distorted call quality problem.

In my case I never experienced any distorted call quality problem... My only important issue is battery.