[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest popadicsm

install last version and all work fine, for now. i only noticed that cache of apk are installed on internal memory not on sd card (i set sd card as default). how can fix that?

Guest andrea2107

install last version and all work fine, for now. i only noticed that cache of apk are installed on internal memory not on sd card (i set sd card as default). how can fix that?

First flag on memory setting

Guest d.b.cooper

Yes first link,explains everything.

Thank you.

Edited by d.b.cooper

Guest DuneDweller

Now that the details of KitKat are out, could someone remind me, does the G300 have 512 Mb of RAM?

I understand that this much RAM is required for the new OS,

though of course several other features of 4.4 require hardware not installed in the G300, like NFC

I'm not holding out any expectations for 4..4 being available on this device, but ....

Edited by DuneDweller

@DuneDweller yes G300 indeed has 512 mb of RAM. And as per Google, Kitkat will have better support for lower end devices like G300 and others with 512 mb RAM.

Edited by smweb

Jsut to note that the 512MB RAM is split between the baseband (c. 150MB) and the main CPU (c. 350MB).

Some people get confused (and angry :D) when they go into Manage Apps and see that they "only" have 350MB RAM. :)

Edit: changed KB to MB so people don't have heart attacks! :D

Edited by dalyer

Jsut to note that the 512KB RAM is split between the baseband (c. 150KB) and the main CPU (c. 350KB).

Some people get confused (and angry :D) when they go into Manage Apps and see that they "only" have 350KB RAM. :)

I thought it have 512'MB'......?????

That phone is terribly cool to manage within 'KB's

Just joking.

Sorry - 512MB! :D My typos. I've edited my earlier post but cannot edit the bit that you quoted...

I can understand.....And let my quote be there........

Should i remove them???

Guest beermad

Seems to be a common problem on lots of phones/ROMs with Gmaps 7.

Would downgrading to Gmaps 6 be an option for the moment?

6.14.4 is the last Gmaps 6 before 7 - the APK is bound to be out there somewhere.

I managed to find an apk of 6.14.1 in an old pre-flashing backup and installed it over the existing one.

Good news: the maps app itself so far seems to be flicker-free.

Not-so-good news: apps relying on maps (such as My tracks and my own recently-developed apps) still flicker.

So a slight apparent improvement, but it seems reverting to 6.x isn't a fix-all.

Hey guys!

First of all, I want to thank Dazzozo for the amount of work he put into bringing this ROM to our phone.

I am a happy user of the 20130916 build. I love all the features and the way this build runs on my G300 (I have been using other builds too - this one is the best for me so far), yet there is one thing about it that I find very annoying - the earpiece volume. Everytime I'm in a call, no matter how loud I set the volume, I can barely hear the other person. They hear me fine though.

Things I tried to fix this problem:

- changing the volume (obvious :D ) - using both the volume keys, sound settings, disabling the safe headset volume, etc;

- special apps that claimed they increase the volume;

The earpiece volume is still low. Through the headset or through the built-in speaker everything is fine. I know it's not the phone's fault, because on stock ICS, the earpiece is loud and clear. The same thing goes with older CM builds (the earpiece is fine), but I find this specific build to be the best for me - regarding battery life, overall speed, working GPS, etc - so I would love to be able to keep it.

From what I know about phone ROMS, the settings are probably stored inside a system file that I could access using a File Explorer with Root access. I tried searching for this file using CM's built in explorer, but with no luck so far. There is a similar thread over the internet regarding Samsung phones, but I guess the CM's file structure is not the same for G300, because I can't find the file they suggest there.

Does anyone know where does this ROM store it's volume settings, or how could I increase the earpiece volume (any working app, trick, etc) without having to reflash my phone?

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

Edited by snup22

Guest wbrambley

Hey guys!

First of all, I want to thank Dazzozo for the amount of work he put into bringing this ROM to our phone.

I am a happy user of the 20130916 build. I love all the features and the way this build runs on my G300 (I have been using other builds too - this one is the best for me so far), yet there is one thing about it that I find very annoying - the earpiece volume. Everytime I'm in a call, no matter how loud I set the volume, I can barely hear the other person. They hear me fine though.

Things I tried to fix this problem:

- changing the volume (obvious :D ) - using both the volume keys, sound settings, disabling the safe headset volume, etc;

- special apps that claimed they increase the volume;

The earpiece volume is still low. Through the headset or through the built-in speaker everything is fine. I know it's not the phone's fault, because on stock ICS, the earpiece is loud and clear. The same thing goes with older CM builds (the earpiece is fine), but I find this specific build to be the best for me - regarding battery life, overall speed, working GPS, etc - so I would love to be able to keep it.

From what I know about phone ROMS, the settings are probably stored inside a system file that I could access using a File Explorer with Root access. I tried searching for this file using CM's built in explorer, but with no luck so far. There is a similar thread over the internet regarding Samsung phones, but I guess the CM's file structure is not the same for G300, because I can't find the file they suggest there.

Does anyone know where does this ROM store it's volume settings, or how could I increase the earpiece volume (any working app, trick, etc) without having to reflash my phone?

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

Try overwriting /system/etc/audio_policy.conf with one from an older build, I seem to recall that working. Don't think it's the volume settings, rather the way it processes audio.

(I could be wrong so back up the old file)

Try overwriting /system/etc/audio_policy.conf with one from an older build, I seem to recall that working. Don't think it's the volume settings, rather the way it processes audio.

(I could be wrong so back up the old file)

Thank you very much for your help. ^_^

I just tried this, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to change things. I looked into audio_policy.conf and it just seems to list the available inputs and outputs, asigning bitrates (and it seems to be the same file from build to build). I will try to look inside the other files, maybe I will find some clues there. If I manage to fix this, I will post the solution. Fingers crossed :unsure:

Guest wbrambley
Thank you very much for your help. ^_^ I just tried this, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to change things. I looked into audio_policy.conf and it just seems to list the available inputs and outputs, asigning bitrates (and it seems to be the same file from build to build). I will try to look inside the other files, maybe I will find some clues there. If I manage to fix this, I will post the solution. Fingers crossed :unsure:
See if this one is different, it's from a build back in may.https://db.tt/Ajh8fh9Q Edited by wbrambley

Guest whutwzl

Yeah, the camera app reports a shutter lag of about 4300ms. Not sure what it is, I'll look in to it but at least the functionality is there.

How to set external SD as primary for the nightly build cm10.1? I really need this,thanks Dazzozo!

Guest whutwzl

I fixed problem with swapping storage and not working usb mass storage.I modified vold.fstab back to default and added line "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1" to build.prop.After reboot storages are swapped and usb mass storage is working. I used it in latest version (20130927).

Does "added line 'persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1' tobuild.prop" fix the problem of set the primary storage as SDcard?I tried but the sdcard0 is still th internal sd.

Did I get somethings wrong? :( 

• 3 weeks later...