[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest alhimyaa

For anybody who has the problem of app names being shown as the package name on the homescreen, i.e. com.google.youtube instead of Youtube....

Go to System Settings > Launcher > Homescreen > Tick then untick 'Hide icon labels'

I haven't seen anybody else mention the problem, but thought I would mention it in case anybody does come across it. Tends to happen after a restart sometimes.

Just a quick question too, is anybody having problems with playing videos? It is a lot less smoother when trying to play videos on Youtube mainly, so was not sure if mine was an isolated problem due to settings I may have. If it is, I'd like to find what I have set wrongly that could be causing it.

Dazzozo - Interesting peek behind the scenes - now have some idea of all the work that's going on! I'm very happy with R1 so it's easier to be patient & leave you in peace until you have something you're happy to release. Thanks again.

Guest sporksnail

I've been using this ROM for a week (cam from B952), and so far I'm very impressed. I wanted to read through the whole thread before posting, and it's taken me a while!

In case it's any help, these are the issues I've noticed:

1. Button backlight LEDs stay on permanently when phone is off and charging - lights up my whole bedroom!

2. Alarms don't trigger when phone is off

I've also seen the same issues as some others (pink-only notification LED, lockscreen lag, call volume, slow camera) but these have already been well covered in this thread.

All in all, it's a great ROM, and very impressive for an experimental R1! Many thanks to those involved in making it happen - appropriate donations are being made!

Guest BillBong

I've been using this since release as a daily and all's good for me up to today.

This evening, the phone has, out of the blue, started going completely dead/non responsive on me when the screen goes off. The first time, I thought it had turned itself off for some reason, but when I pressed the power button, nothing happened and I had to take out the battery to reboot. Since then, it's done the same thing 4 times in the last 10 minutes - where it boots through to my home screen and everything seems fine. However, once the screen goes to sleep and switches off, I've found that it then doesn't respond to any key presses (power button or volume keys) and the only way to power it back up is to take the battery out again and reboot.

I've tried waking it up as soon as the screen dims, and that seems OK sometimes, but then I just tried it on the second time screen sleep and all that happened is that the capacitative buttons light up (and stay lit up) but the screen is blank and I had to pull the battery again.

I don't think it's actually shutting down when it's doing this but for some reason it's not responding once it goes into screen sleep mode. I'm now trying with the screen sleep timer to 10 minutes to see what happens and so far it's all good after about 6 minutes with the screen on (it's always died on me by now under the previous setting) - so it defintely looks like the non-responsiveness is triggered by entering sleep mode.

Has anyone else encountered this? I haven't changed any settings or installed any apps recently so I don't know why it's just started doing this today.

Guest Marco Polansky

Please, i need some help. I'm new to this, and i've been trying all day long.

So first i did as dazz said on the beginning of the thread, and all I got was "Failed to verify the whole package" when trying to load the rom file from my sd card on recovery mode.

Then i read that i must root my phone before trying to install the mod, so i did it; i downloaded the files and did exactly as was on the thread and everything was fine, but i still get the same message when trying to load the rom from my sd card.

Had some problems at first cause i was using XP on my laptop but then i used another pc with win7 and it rooted, only it still doesn't work..

I just don't know what to do, is there a full tutorial with stuff like "if you get this error do that" or something? Cause all the tutorials i see are just straight foward and don't cover any problems that we may have.

Thanks a LOT, and sorry to post it here, i've checked other threads and the solutions didnt work for me.. ;]

Guest nsmacd1

Please, i need some help. I'm new to this, and i've been trying all day long.

So first i did as dazz said on the beginning of the thread, and all I got was "Failed to verify the whole package" when trying to load the rom file from my sd card on recovery mode.

Then i read that i must root my phone before trying to install the mod, so i did it; i downloaded the files and did exactly as was on the thread and everything was fine, but i still get the same message when trying to load the rom from my sd card.

Had some problems at first cause i was using XP on my laptop but then i used another pc with win7 and it rooted, only it still doesn't work..

I just don't know what to do, is there a full tutorial with stuff like "if you get this error do that" or something? Cause all the tutorials i see are just straight foward and don't cover any problems that we may have.

Thanks a LOT, and sorry to post it here, i've checked other threads and the solutions didnt work for me.. ;]

It may be worth re-downloading the ROM and then reinstalling it,as it may have become corrupted, which could be causing the problem. Hope this helps!

Guest Marco Polansky

I'll try that tomorrow, try everything from start.. and on my cousins computer, he's got win7.

If i succeed i'll post how i did it step by step in case someone needs it

Thanks!

Guest Rico_89

Hi,

A couple of stupid questions; sorry this is my first CM rom.

1. Will 4.2.2 come as an OTA update or will I have to download and install again?

2. Is there any big difference between 4.2.1 and Dazzozo's other JB rom 4.1?

I have to say that this rom is awesome and so far it's been rock solid. The only issue I am having is with battery usage being about twenty to thirty percent more than ICS, but apart from that it's great :D .