[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest wouterbeer

your seriously pissing the s*** out of me !!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh ffs your reply's are just annoying i can say anything i want and if you do bann me i have a 1000 different ways of retrieving dazazzos ROM so f off NOW WHEN THE badword IS R3 coming out

Hahaha, dude! Relax. What's wrong with you? Can't you just accept the fact that there might be a month without an update? Maybe the next release will have many many many fixes.

Do you really think your question can even be answered? Maybe Dazzozo does not even know when he will release a new update. So that's why your question is not worth asking.

Guest ReZ1342

Hahaha, dude! Relax. What's wrong with you? Can't you just accept the fact that there might be a month without an update? Maybe the next release will have many many many fixes.

Do you really think your question can even be answered? Maybe Dazzozo does not even know when he will release a new update. So that's why your question is not worth asking.

well i only said the r3 release part cause i was pissed of and in the first comment i was wondering if he stoped making this rom , thats what i ment but then kyan31 the guy what allways flipping replys with a annoying answer ( and ?>??????????) who the badword was asking you gtfo bro Edited by ReZ1342

Guest wouterbeer

well i only said the r3 release part cause i was pissed of and in the first comment i was wondering if he stoped making this rom , thats what i ment but then kyan31 the guy what allways flipping replys with a annoying answer ( and ?>??????????) who the badword was asking you gtfo bro

Don't you think that if the developer stopped working on this ROM he would tell us? So what else can you do than be patient.

Guest NikitoGR

And???

+1

your seriously pissing the s*** out of me !!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh ffs your reply's are just annoying i can say anything i want and if you do bann me i have a 1000 different ways of retrieving dazazzos ROM so f off NOW WHEN THE badword IS R3 coming out

Ok. You know dazzozo can stop anytime just because of some annoying people like you. Don't ask again for ETA's, it's annoying and dazzozo can easily delay the next release. Now stfu or write about bugs or useful things. Don't annoy us or else you will be ignored,

Guest Malthus

It's not your place to dictate what people can and can't ask, NikitoGR. Also, the people who consistently make posts along the lines of "don't ask for ETA's" over and over (e.g. joandrade, kyan31, et al) are just as disruptive and annoying in my opinion as the people asking for them, of not moreso, since they have no authority to be making that kind of statement.

Edited by Malthus

Guest NikitoGR

It's not your place to dictate what people can and can't ask, NikitoGR. Also, the people who consistently make posts along the lines of "don't ask for ETA's" over and over (e.g. joandrade, kyan31, et al) are just as disruptive and annoying in my opinion as the people asking for them, of not moreso, since they have no authority to be making that kind of statement.

I'm not obligated to hear you. Just one thing that dazzozo and every dev want. One thing. Just one thing:

DON'T ASK FOR ETA'S

The End. Whatever you write about this subject I'll ignore you.

Edited by NikitoGR

Guest Colossae3.23

people do get heated over this issue, aye... To be honest, I've been visiting Modaco for over 3 years, and it has always been an unwritten rule not to ask for eta's. I can't remember one dev who really likes it. I'm pretty sure if you had the time to look through all of Daz's threads, that you would find that he's rather blunt when he does answer these requests. He doesn't shout, like some, but he basically tells them you'll get it when you get it. In my mind, its all about respect for people's time, that's why I don't ask for them.

Guest Malthus

people do get heated over this issue, aye... To be honest, I've been visiting Modaco for over 3 years, and it has always been an unwritten rule not to ask for eta's. I can't remember one dev who really likes it. I'm pretty sure if you had the time to look through all of Daz's threads, that you would find that he's rather blunt when he does answer these requests. He doesn't shout, like some, but he basically tells them you'll get it when you get it. In my mind, its all about respect for people's time, that's why I don't ask for them.

I agree, and I've never asked for an ETA either for the same reason. But at the end of the day it's not in violation of the actual rules, even if it is bad etiquette and it's not my - or anyone else's - place to tell someone not to ask for an ETA than the developer of the ROM themselves, or a moderator. People jumping on the "don't ask for ETA's" bandwagon just add further disruption and problems (as evidenced by NikitoGR's post above)

Guest wouterbeer

it is bad etiquette

Well, obviously these people have no clue that it is bad etiquette as you state. So they maybe should learn that it is.

I agree that this can be done in a more civil manner than just stating: "no ETAs are allowed you idiot";

but hey, if you're rude to the man around the corner who all the time is handing out freebies that "he's not giving enough", you can't always expect to get nice replies.

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest NikitoGR

I agree, and I've never asked for an ETA either for the same reason. But at the end of the day it's not in violation of the actual rules, even if it is bad etiquette and it's not my - or anyone else's - place to tell someone not to ask for an ETA than the developer of the ROM themselves, or a moderator. People jumping on the "don't ask for ETA's" bandwagon just add further disruption and problems (as evidenced by NikitoGR's post above)

[auto message] You're asking for eta's, you're causing problems here. The "Don't ask for eta's" posts is just answers for those who are asking for eta's. It's so simple.

Guest NikitoGR

Well, obviously these people have no clue that it is bad etiquette as you state. So they maybe should learn that it is.

I agree that this can be done in a more civil manner than just stating: "no ETAs are allowed you idiot";

but hey, if you're rude to the man around the corner who all the time is handing out freebies that "he's not giving enough", you can't always expect to get nice replies.

Nobody said "bla bla bla.... idiot It's so annoying when it's being asked for ETA's. :/

Guest Malthus

You're missing my point though. It's not about how impolite a reply those constantly asking for ETA's get, it's about the negative impact in general is to have the same few individuals constantly going on about it. To me that's just as disruptive as the people asking for ETA's (again see NikitoGR's post above with the massive red font as a classic example). As well as the fact it's simply no-one's place other than the moderators or the developer to respond to that kind of behaviour. Forums have moderators for a reason.

Guest wouterbeer

You're missing my point though. It's not about how impolite a reply those constantly asking for ETA's get, it's about the negative impact in general is to have the same few individuals constantly going on about it. To me that's just as disruptive as the people asking for ETA's (again see NikitoGR's post above with the massive red font as a classic example). As well as the fact it's simply no-one's place other than the moderators or the developer to respond to that kind of behaviour. Forums have moderators for a reason.

Apart from that is just as disruptive - where do you get only moderators can correct users? Users cannot correct other users? When you're out on the street and someone misbehaves will you just ignore it or say something about it?

Guest Malthus

Nobody said "bla bla bla.... idiot It's so annoying when it's being asked for ETA's. :/

Actually you said worse...

annoying people like you

Now stfu

Interestingly your post there actual is in violation of the forum rules (and I reported it to the moderators as such) whilst asking for an ETA isn't.

Guest soulhand

Three simple rules for a less cluttered and more on-topic forum:

1) Don't ask for ETAs

2) Don't show off how leet you are by chastising people who do ask for ETAs

3) Don't post messages about posting messages about ETAs

(Yes, I know i violated rule 3)

Guest NikitoGR

Actually you said worse...

Interestingly your post there actual is in violation of the forum rules (and I reported it to the moderators as such) whilst asking for an ETA isn't.

Annoying people like you. Lol what is the strange here? Please answer me. Is it annoying for you the don't ask for ETA's posts?

Guest Malthus

Apart from that is just as disruptive - where do you get only moderators can correct users? Users cannot correct other users?

The forum rules, posts by moderators expressing the same sentiment in similar discussions, and the policy of the majority of forums in general.

Guest omegavesko
well i only said the r3 release part cause i was pissed of and in the first comment i was wondering if he stoped making this rom , thats what i ment but then kyan31 the guy what allways flipping replys with a annoying answer ( and ?>??????????) who the badword was asking you gtfo bro

Hey, feel free to donate if you want a new build so badly.

Guest MrPuddington

I have to say CM10.1 R2 is the first ROM that I am really struggling with. I know it is experimental and everything, but sometimes experimental ROMs are quite usable, e.g. the CM9 series. With this one I have missed calls, sometimes it fails to dial, 3G causes all kinds of issues (slow response, reboot, drop of connection), and I also had the screen brightness stuck at high.

So I am very much looking forward to the next version, in the hope that some/most of these problems can be fixed.

Guest ReZ1342

Thank you maltho hopefully when I get my credit card I might be able to donate to you and like out said its not kyan31's job to moderate forums its just annoying its just like calm down bro it has nothing to do with you.

Guest Dazzozo

Quick question, in /system/etc/nvram_4330.txt my mac address is 00:90:4c:ce:43:30. this is completely different to my wifi address (c8:d1:5e:32:2f:52) and my bt address (c89:d1:5e:32:2f:51).

Is the mac addresses in nvram_4330.txt just a fallback or is this possibly causing problems?

It's a dummy mac used for testing. The actual device's mac is acquired from the radio.

Guest dubitoergosum

I seriously feel embarrassed for having people here who think Dazzozo or any other developers have any kind of obligation to come out with updates. Those people are dishonouring to this whole community.

They also mean a danger, just read the story Dazzozo linked..

I doubt there are many wealthy guys around who could donate to Dazz (we wouldn't have cheap phone like G300 otherwise, would we? :), well except those who only have it as a secondary phone, for experimenting), so I don't think he gets a lot of money from this work.

But even if he does, no one is obligated to use CM on his phone, it's a personal choice for everyone.

People should stop thinking they are allowed here to require updates at all.

I can totally relate to that guys thoughts in the post as they mirror the feelings that resulted in my recent hissy fit in these forums (and the thread deletion that followed).

A lot of people in these forums (and xda in the same way) need to learn basic manners and common courtesy.

That said, I really hope this isn't a hint to you feeling the same way. You are one of the best developers around here and a hell of a lot of people appreciate your work. Just wanted to give my 2p on the matter. ;)