[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest dipacheco

This was the first time i've ever instaled a rom. My Ascend G300 was to late and this Rom works perfectly. The only things i've installed after the Rom was gapps, Fon app, accuweather app and signal reset app but the problem was already there...

I've gmail sync but only when wifi is available... (2/3 hours day...)

Kernel version ... 3.0.8-cyanogenmod...

Can anyone advise the best rom's for this device? (Huawei Ascend G300)

wbrambley Tasker App?

Thank's for the answer.

Guest fr0do
This was the first time i've ever instaled a rom. My Ascend G300 was to late and this Rom works perfectly. The only things i've installed after the Rom was gapps, Fon app, accuweather app and signal reset app but the problem was already there...

I've gmail sync but only when wifi is available... (2/3 hours day...)

Kernel version ... 3.0.8-cyanogenmod...

Can anyone advise the best rom's for this device? (Huawei Ascend G300)

wbrambley Tasker App?

Thank's for the answer.

Install one of the better kernels (oh wait I think Daz's kernel is the same (the one you're using).

Stock+ is best for you in my opinion (it includes an optimised kernel)

AccuWeather and syncing gmail will slow the phone down. Do you have maps installed? Do you use location settings... Turn these off. Easy to try all of this if you want to see if it helps!

Edited by fr0do

Guest fr0do

All you can do better than stock plus is to install the GB baseband (you can install any stock rom, GB or ICS, but not CMx yet if I remember correctly)... That allegedly fixes problems with the telephony.

Guest Dazzozo

Running ics on 109808 and gb on 2030 is still not flawless. CM now has the ability to run on both from one zip, but certain networks are having issues when running ics ril on 109808.

Guest fr0do
Running ics on 109808 and gb on 2030 is still not flawless. CM now has the ability to run on both from one zip, but certain networks are having issues when running ics ril on 109808.
k thanks for that ;)

Guest Dazzozo

Also afaik none of the current kernels will work on CM and definitely not CM10+ unless they specifically state otherwise.

In short, you just don't use a custom kernel with CM. That's how it is for many devices. The CM kernel usually contains everything you would want anyway.

Guest fr0do
Is this ROM better or equal to Infusion B06?
Different

Why not look at the poll threads? The answer is ENTIRELY down to what is important to you.

(Everyone knows stock+ is best! ;))

Edited by fr0do

Guest Dazzozo
Different

Why not look at the poll threads? The answer is ENTIRELY down to what is important to you.

Noooo ligux is

(playtime is over kids) :P

Guest fr0do

We have two branches of rom development for the g300. Huawei & Daz & the team.

Huawei, along with our component hardware manufacturers won't play ball and make their code public.

No updates from Huawei > no updates much to the Huawei based roms.

Team dazzozo fight to get things working despite the restrictions. This rom is damn fast and responsive, given the cheap hardware restrictions. Jelly Bean is here and works well. You're not going to get the ultimate functionality of the Huawei based roms but as near as dammit.

Guest 2345lug
Different

oh, what is the best - train or ferrari?) cm is rom with good functions and good support ) i like this rom. i use cm10r6 and havent issue.

p.s. sorry my bad english.

Guest joandrade

The first post in this thread gives the following link as the link to the ROM: http://getcm.thebron...m/?device=u8815

Can you tell me exactly which ROM I am likely to want to install? They all say experimental. None are listed under 'stable'. Thanks.

That's because none of them are actually stable. The one you're likely to want to install depends on your tolerance to quirks.

To put it simply:

CM9 currently has virtually no issues, apart from the 3G reboots, but it's version for 4.0 of Android. If you want a good ROM with few problems, choose that one.

CM10.1 is the most recent version and is still under heavy development. Choose this one if you want the latest and greatest, but be prepared to have a few (possibly major, depending on the way you use your phone) issues (described on the OP).

CM10 is Android 4.1 and is an intermediate version. It's more recent than CM9, but has less issues than CM10.1. Choose that one if you want a good compromise.

Guest dakok

Right!

I`ve been testing some GB roms on 2030bb and most of them had network problems:

Data network was OK regarding internet, except for google services.

Wifi network was fine except for internet connectivity (and, of course, google services)

Problems with incoming calls few times, too.

Edited by dakok

Guest dakok

We have two branches of rom development for the g300. Huawei & Daz & the team.

Which branch ShenduOS and Baidu Yi belong to?

Enlighten me, please. :)

Guest wards5150

I love the CM roms for the way they look with themes added and the fact that they are up to date with latest android features. However I recently went to stock+ only because games seem more stable and camera is Ok. I'm sure I will be back to CM 10.1 as soon when bugs are fixed.

Guest wards5150

I love the CM roms for the way they look with themes added and the fact that they are up to date with latest android features. However I recently went to stock+ only because games seem more stable and camera is Ok. I'm sure I will be back to CM 10.1 as soon when bugs are fixed.

Guest wouterbeer

Sorry for the double post.

Haha, I guess you mean quadruple post :P

@Dakok, Frodo; Baidu is using CM as source? Can someone confirm this?