[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest subbrn2

Nice to see a new update from you Daz! Thank you.

I'm waiting to know if the phone signal problem is in fact gone. Anyone can confirm this?

By the way I'm Portuguese, I hope you all understand my english :P

i`m portuguese to r4 for me dont`work lost phone signal..

i flash a5 on hour ago and have not lost signal..

Guest Owl93

i`m portuguese to r4 for me dont`work lost phone signal..

i flash a5 on hour ago and have not lost signal..

Well in R4 how log did it take to lose signal?

Guest fraska

Testing R4, starting from about 60% of battery, now after 7h with 1h 40m of screen on i've got 32% of battery, very well, it looks also more quick.

Great work Daz ;)

Guest moochermick

Updated to r4 and now I can't make any calls, I have the dialer but when I try to call a number it does nothing, same from contacts. Any ideas.

Guest soulhand

Updated to r4 and now I can't make any calls, I have the dialer but when I try to call a number it does nothing, same from contacts. Any ideas.

So, when I saw this I tried calling and couldn't make a call either :(

BUT - a reboot fixed it. Have you rebooted since you upgraded? I hadn't.

Guest moochermick

So, when I saw this I tried calling and couldn't make a call either :(

BUT - a reboot fixed it. Have you rebooted since you upgraded? I hadn't.

Yes rebooted a few times but just the same.

I can send SMS though.

Edited by moochermick

Guest dakok

Idea is that this 109808 thing is a real Pain in the arse.

In order to fix random reboots for some - it broke network signal for others!

@ few folks from Portugal:

Your google translated sentences don`t make any sense.

Use simple sentences!

P.S.

Like nitso mentioned earlier, this signal death happens right after deep sleep, I noticed that in r3, just like in GB roms on 2030 baseband.

Edited by dakok

Guest kieranswhite

Just found something really strange guys. You know how there has always been that green tint on the camera app when pictures were taken? I just installed camera jb+ (based on the 4.2 camera) and the tint isn't there!!

Guest flor90

Hi Daz. I was looking at CM10 changelog and i saw that is using the latest Huawei kernel. What is the difference between the kernel CM10 uses and the one that CM10.1 is using?

Guest moochermick

This is strange I have mobile data and can send SMS, in settings about phone it shows signal strength as ~83db and mobile network as disabled even though it is enabled and I can brows the net on 3g. Just can't make calls.

When I press call button the screen flickers like its about to change but stays in dialer screen.

Phone works if I dial the number from dialer screen just won't work from contacts.

Edited by moochermick

Guest Owl93

Idea is that this 109808 thing is a real Pain in the arse.

In order to fix random reboots for some - it broke network signal for others!

@ few folks from Portugal:

Your google translated sentences don`t make any sense.

Use simple sentences!

P.S.

Like nitso mentioned earlier, this signal death happens right after deep sleep, I noticed that in r3, just like in GB roms on 2030 baseband.

Any way of preventing deep sleep?

EDIT: I'm trying this app. Maybe it will prevent signal loss?

Edited by Owl93

Guest AussieExpat

Great work, Daz.

Here's an install question:

I installed the previous version (R3), wasn't quite happy with it, and moved to Electra -- great ROM in its own right btw BUT

had a problem with GO Launcher, and somehow, I think, I trashed my settings.apk file which, I think, led to a problem with Google Search

tried to get back "fresh" by power off =>remove battery for 10 seconds => wipe data / factory reset

=> wipe cache => wipe dalvik cache => flash ROMs

but despite this I get the error message at "odd" times: "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped.

no one's been able to help me resolve this problem, so "Will installing this ROM, using the same procedure above, resolve this issue for me, please?"

Guest bigboban

I use S2E (simple2ext) app to link apss to external storage. I do this many CM versions before and everything was ok since CM 10.1 R4! After OTA update my S2E app disappeared and all linked apps stops working! When i look into android market now, it says S2E app is NOT compatible with my phone! Why? Why now? Why after R3->R4 update? When i need some (before) linked app working i have to unlink it and do reinstall of that app.

Why? Why is not S2E compatible with G300/CM10.1-R4?

Guest Wellus

hello, tried to update via OTA updater and got some symlink failed status 7 error, any idea how to fix that? and i guess i will wait for other update, because i see people are having problem with call function

Guest AussieExpat

hello, tried to update via OTA updater and got some symlink failed status 7 error, any idea how to fix that? and i guess i will wait for other update, because i see people are having problem with call function

have you searched for other users' comments re problems with OTA -- this could be part of an old, known, problem with the CWM-Recovery (?) -- my recommendation: download the ROM and flash "manually"

Guest kyan31

Personally I wouldn't use OTA updates at all, they cause bugs and they cause false reports to be sent in like 'Google search is crashing' etc. If we all did full wipes, the world would be a better place :lol: