[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest AussieExpat

Personally I wouldn't use OTA updates at all, they cause bugs and they cause false reports to be sent in like 'Google search is crashing' etc. If we all did full wipes, the world would be a better place :lol:

you, of all people, kyan should know that that is NOT a false report -- nor was it caused by an OTA upgrade -- I was speaking of my own experience of upgrading (trying to) from CM10.1 R2 to R3

and as I have explained it -- how did I NOT do (or try to) a full wipe????? -- I was following the procedure written on the install page for the Electra ROM, and let's see who that was written by ....

post-1010525-0-54339800-1367221169_thumb

Edited by AussieExpat

Guest moochermick

I gave in and did full wipes and the call problem was solved however something I installed made system ui constantly stop.

Back to r3 for now will try again when I've got more time.

Guest Costy88031

Wich governor do you recommend to use? I selected performance but I see that frecquency stay just on Max and I think that drain battery faster

Guest Pyntux

Wich governor do you recommend to use? I selected performance but I see that frecquency stay just on Max and I think that drain battery faster

That performance governor does... :) Use ondemand... :)

Guest AussieExpat

Problems with Google Voice

I'm having the same problem I ALWAYS had with R3 -- Google Voice Search crashes as soon as I try to run it -- looking at MY system/app I see there's a voicesearchstub.apk file of 4.3kb there -- is that normal?

I had some difficulties with an unreliable wifi connection and a number of apps didn't download correctly -- but not sure which

ISSUE SUCCESSFULLY RESOLVED = Many thanks to Pyntux!!! +1 for that

Edited by AussieExpat

Guest AussieExpat

Did you update google search?

No, I hadn't updated Google Search, but I have now, and it IS working again!!!! Thanks, very much!!

Guest AussieExpat

NOT THE ROM -- But curious?

It's been a couple of weeks since I last "played" with this ROM, but I can't remember the lockscreen from last time.

Anyone know where the question mark in the "middle" of the screen come from in the image below?

(don't worry about the scribble on the right side -- just me doing a, maybe poor, job of covering up my name)

post-1010525-0-46731900-1367240573_thumb

Guest intensedarkness

Thanks for the release.

Even though it seems nobody uses their Androids for making phone calls anymore, has anyone tested to see if R4 can make voice

calls using wired handsfree kits? Or successfully making Viber calls where both parties can hear one another?

Guest TangerineTractor

Was fine in my testing. Everything worked fine, Bluetooth, battery, Wi-Fi...

I'm only not using this as a daily because of the 3g reboots; back to stock based and a locked bootloader until I get a code from Huawei.

Guest AussieExpat

MAYBE NOT THIS ROM BUT CURIOUS ABOUT FILENAME NOT APP NAME ON SCREEN

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong (probably am, but ..) on this ROM, on R3, and on Electra, sometimes I get the app file name, and not the App name itself coming up on screen for a shortcut:

such as jp.co.johospa... coming up for Jorte calendar, instead of Jorte (I've noticed this before in the Settings>Apps listing, but am curious what's causing it on the screen -- not a dire "problem" as I know what the thing is but .....?

btw -- I realise I can change the name by edit, but not for widget? but how come it's necessary sometimes and not others?

post-1010525-0-12128900-1367246565_thumb

Edited by AussieExpat

Guest fraska

So, whats the battery life in R4? Any reports?

It's better than R3, after 14h 34m from about 60% with always WI-Fi on or 3G i've got about 5%

Guest kyan31

you, of all people, kyan should know that that is NOT a false report -- nor was it caused by an OTA upgrade -- I was speaking of my own experience of upgrading (trying to) from CM10.1 R2 to R3

and as I have explained it -- how did I NOT do (or try to) a full wipe????? -- I was following the procedure written on the install page for the Electra ROM, and let's see who that was written by ....

I actually wasn't quoting you, its just a general phrase, that is why I didn't use "quote marks". Sorry for the confusion, though you shouldn't jump to conclusions without actually knowing what's going on.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Worlon

Unfortunately the signal lose is valid on R4. My phone shows maximum signal, but when I call myself, my telephone doesn't avaliable. After reboot works fine for a same time.

Now I'm isntalling A5.

Edited by Worlon

Guest lakyljuk

Daz, I can confirm, signal lost a few times a day on R4. I have full signal, leave phone for some time intact, when I wake it up, it show no signal and I have to reboot manually. Do you need any debug info?

Guest bluecjh

Having applied the latest update, there still seems to be the volume issue on outgoing calls. I am sure on the stock rom I could turn the volume on outgoing (or incoming) calls down to virtually nil. Is this issue, which is fairly fundamental to the phone, a tough one to crack? Because it seems to have persisted for a long time through successive upgrades. It goes without saying that I am a fan of this project, but this lack of volume control on calls is quite a nag.

Guest Posyhov

second day on this soft and everything seems to be ok :)

No signal loss for now.

Thank you very much for update!

Edited by Posyhov