[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest wbrambley

Sorry, could I have this again? not sure what you're saying -- in New Zealand the G300 is ONLY available with Gingerbread, and so I had to use a custom ROM if I wanted ICS or JB on my phone. Through using the process listed on the Huaweig300.com site the baseband changed from 109808 to 2030. Sure, things work "better" on ICS (better signal -- I use two phones -- the U8652 usually shows 3-4 bars, the G300 rarely has 3, and never 4 -- see my previous posts for more empirical info) -- and many previous posts discouraged use of 109808 baseband, preferring 2030, so I don't think it's a baseband issue

OR

are you saying that unlocking the bootloader, officially, is the issue -- about which there are some related post streams, but little time has been spent on THIS specific stream / topic area. I still haven't emailed Huawei for my "official" unlock code -- in New Zealand, they probably wouldn't know what I was asking for!! (and I'm not 100% sure what my IMEI is / was originally, which I understand is required to be passed on to Huawei to obtain this unlock code -- though I did backup the IMEI using the huaweig300 procedure, but not sure how to use it -- if someone else wants to tell me how to do this to get the IMEI???

I have A number on my phone (using About Phone/Status/IMEI) but it's all numbers, and I understand the "correct" IMEI is a combination of letters and numbers??

I'd "kill" to get better signal quallity on my phone -- the cell tower's only a couple of hundred metres away and signal strength typical -100dBm or "less")

Are you on 2degrees by any chance?

Guest Dellboy2012

I'm saying that I can confirm that this ROM has no issues. All the problems that come up are due to previous software installed or the way they install it.

I have no 3g reboots, signal strength is normal, no lags even with 145 apps installed. Incoming and outgoing sound quality is great. With Volume boost app I get to listen to my music even in the crowded and noisy places. Thelonius resolved a problem with Viber a few posts ago.

So, yes, I'm glad we came to the end of the long route.

Guest BadMan PimpY

@AussieExpat

Here you are again trolling another post

and I'm not 100% sure what my IMEI is / was originally, which I understand is required to be passed on to Huawei to obtain this unlock code -- though I did backup the IMEI using the huaweig300 procedure, but not sure how to use it -- if someone else wants to tell me how to do this to get the IMEI???

You are installing roms on your phone,but you dont know what a imei is or where it is, this is a basic must know thing before start anything. You are suppose to research before messing with your phone.

I could tell where it is,but your comprehension skills are week. Can you comprehened looking under your battery, can you comprehened looking in ....About phone>>>>Status. C'mon son do some learning before you start moaning.

I have A number on my phone (using About Phone/Status/IMEI) but it's all numbers, and I understand the "correct" IMEI is a combination of letters and numbers??

That is your imei....you idiot

I use two phones -- the U8652 usually shows 3-4 bars, the G300 rarely has 3, and never 4

Have to disagree -- signal strength quality is also very deficient -- comparing phone using objective data on two different devices, one with ROM and one using different ROM

What objective data are talking about....?, how can the data be objective when you are comparing two different devices a U8652 and g300. Stop talking in riddles....Stop playing with your phone ....Stop trolling the board

Guest soulhand

I'm saying that I can confirm that this ROM has no issues.

... for you. I see issues despite having installed it wiping everything as per the instructions. For clarity, this is not a complaint, I was aware of what I was installing. But generalising your experience and assuming it could apply to everything is, er, a brave step :)

I get reboots (not 3g ones, but when coming out of sleep) and it's pretty laggy at times. I don't think I've had signal loss with R4, but it didn't happen very often before so I'm still not 100% confident about that.

It's great it's working for you. But not all of us are at the end of the route yet.

Guest AussieExpat

I'm saying that I can confirm that this ROM has no issues. All the problems that come up are due to previous software installed or the way they install it.

I have no 3g reboots, signal strength is normal, no lags even with 145 apps installed. Incoming and outgoing sound quality is great. With Volume boost app I get to listen to my music even in the crowded and noisy places. Thelonius resolved a problem with Viber a few posts ago.

I fully understand where and what my IMEI is -- but how about YOU do some reading, like several of the posts about officially unlocking the bootloader, that disagree with your early points?? Did YOU know your IMEI can be changed by install processes - rad these posts I referred to -- in fact, this is referred to on the "original" Huaweig300.com webpage, which came from xda-developers, I think - which is why they provide guidelines for backing up your IMEI

signal strength is NOT normal -- I have OBJECTIVE evidence of difference in signal strength in now THREE different devices, desperate to resolve this problem with phone reception, two G300s (one "stock" as bought in store, with Huawei GB 2.3.7), one U8652 with CM7.2-benru89-v4) ALL with same network monitoring software installed, software respected by commercial writers on the 'net,

in identical conditions, except for different ROMs -- can YOU say that?

-- both devices with "modified" ROMs installed following full wipes; as I said

SO... sorry, BUT -- You are WRONG!! This ROM has ongoing, serious, issues BUT I fully respect the fact that this is an Experimental ROM, providing, JB, where it might not otherwise be available,

but burying your head in the sand serves no one

I have no "personal" stake, and respect and thank Daz for his efforts, BUT ....

I, personally, never mentioned, or referred to Viber, fyi

I am NOT trolling the board -- others are trying to explain the problems they too are having

and "stop playing with my phone" -- I thought that was the point of a discussion of Experimental ROMs on a phone???????????

are YOU even using a G300 -- you don't list it as your phone -- how about getting on the right list?

and "weak" meaning not strong, is spelt w-e-a-k NOT week as in week in a year, which it might take you, hopefully, for you to do the required reading, during which time learning some basic social skills and respect for other people is also recommended

it would serve ALL people were you to not post again, if you're only going to muddy the waters for those trying to resolve these issues

Edited by AussieExpat

Guest Dellboy2012

This is the thread about the ROM and I say it works without any tweaks. Feel free to work on the problems you've got. Or try sending each phone to Dazz to set it up for you.

I just can't see the point in many people asking for help without even knowing whether they have an issue or not. (i.e. Maybe I get signal loss or maybe I don't but please help) Have a decency to even test your phones before asking for help.

Or let me rephrase that:

Has your phone ever rebooted on stock ROM? Has your phone or PC ever got frozen, laggy or rebooted? Was it always OS's fault?

@Aussieexpat I did some reading and I can't find where did I mention your IMEI problem. This just confirms what I said about being too fast on complaining. Try reading, then thinking and then writing. It gets easier that way.

Edited by Dellboy2012

Guest AussieExpat

This is the thread about the ROM and I say it works without any tweaks. Feel free to work on the problems you've got. Or try sending each phone to Dazz to set it up for you.

I just can't see the point in many people asking for help without even knowing whether they have an issue or not. (i.e. Maybe I get signal loss or maybe I don't but please help) Have a decency to even test your phones before asking for help.

Or let me rephrase that:

Has your phone ever rebooted on stock ROM? Has your phone or PC ever got frozen, laggy or rebooted? Was it always OS's fault?

@Aussieexpat I did some reading and I can't find where did I mention your IMEI problem. This just confirms what I said about being too fast on complaining

yours was not the only post I was responding to -- you people waste others time, and I was trying to save mine -- "nuff said"

the rest of your post doesn't warrant response, as we're not talking about other ROMs, or devices, on this thread

Edited by AussieExpat

Guest Dellboy2012

yours was not the only post I was responding to -- you people waste others time, and I was trying to save mine -- "nuff said"

Then stop quoting me, giving me grammar lessons I didn't make, and being pissed off because I confirmed that this ROM is working.

Guest Zawel

Hum hum...

Do you realise you're asking this question of a ROM that is classified as "Experimental"?

Do you realise that on this list you're asking questions of people who are using their own phones to Experiment with the properties of new ROM builds?

Why not do as others do -- EXPERIMENT -- you will have the answer as to whether or not the ROM will run on YOUR phone -- little if any "harm" will occur if you do this -- at worst you may have to re-install ROM or applications -- so do a backup before you do and you should be 100% OK

I don't play games of the sort you do (like TR2) on the phone -- use it for too many other things, but do know I was able to run at least the early "tutorial" stage on R3, so expect no problems with R4 -- but that's the point of experimentation.

Iron Man 3 can run on the phone, and it's free and getting rave reviews.

Don't get exited dude... :mellow:

You're not oblige to prove you haughty. I'm not an selfish person and I've got a lot respect for Dazzozo and his work and pojects.

When I tried the R3, games couldn't run. So I came back on CM 10-R7, and it's excellent. Then when I saw CM 10.1 R4 and I say "will I be able to play these games ?".

If I asked this question, this is because I'm a newbi in Android. I have difficulty to install, save or switch ROM. And sometimes, I lose all my contacts and my app... So I don't take this risk.

Having said that, I'm really gladI had an answer. Have a plaisant day. ;)

Zawel

(sorry for bad english)

EDIT : I try it, it's AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME ! *_*

Edited by Zawel

Guest kyan31

I fully understand where and what my IMEI is -- but how about YOU do some reading, like several of the posts about officially unlocking the bootloader, that disagree with your early points?? Did YOU know your IMEI can be changed by install processes - rad these posts I referred to -- in fact, this is referred to on the "original" Huaweig300.com webpage, which came from xda-developers, I think - which is why they provide guidelines for backing up your IMEI

signal strength is NOT normal -- I have OBJECTIVE evidence of difference in signal strength in now THREE different devices, desperate to resolve this problem with phone reception, two G300s (one "stock" as bought in store, with Huawei GB 2.3.7), one U8652 with CM7.2-benru89-v4) ALL with same network monitoring software installed, software respected by commercial writers on the 'net,

SO... sorry, BUT -- You are WRONG!! This ROM has ongoing, serious, issues BUT I fully respect the fact that this is an Experimental ROM, providing, JB, where it might not otherwise be available,

I am NOT trolling the board -- others are trying to explain the problems they too are having

and "stop playing with my phone" -- I thought that was the point of a discussion of Experimental ROMs on a phone???????????

are YOU even using a G300 -- you don't list it as your phone -- how about getting on the right list?

and "weak" meaning not strong, is spelt w-e-a-k NOT week as in week in a year, which it might take you, hopefully, for you to do the required reading, during which time learning some basic social skills and respect for other people is also recommended

it would serve ALL people were you to not post again, if you're only going to muddy the waters for those trying to resolve these issues

AussieExpat you really need to calm down. I'm gonna report you if you keep on spamming as this is just insane. Also, some of the stuff you are saying is actually wrong/stupid:

1) "This ROM is Experimental so you should experiment"

That's not what it means, I'm not saying you are wrong, but that's not why the ROM is named experimental. Its named experimental as the ROM could still have bugs.

2)"Your IMEI can be changed by install processes"

Currently, your IMEI can only be changed if you yourself change it, and by doing that it would change to zero (0). Can't you tell the difference between a 15 digit number and 0 :lol:

And then you have the audacity to say that "this ROM has ongoing, serious issues, but I appreciate daz's efforts". How many times have we heard this from you? Just keep it to yourself mate, I don't anyone gives a crap.

And finally you comment on someone's spelling, I mean how low is that? You can't find anything constructive to say, so you comment on their English.

You seriously need to calm down, and once you are nice and calm, go to your nearest motorway, and start playing with the traffic. I'm sure it would benefit yourself, and the rest of the world as we have one less idiot cluttering up our airspace. Peace.

Guest AussieExpat

Quasi intelectual (may I say rubbish?) stuff. All the time.

:)

suffice to say, simply, that it's been a valiant attempt to "milk" all that one can out of a low level device, whose performance was always, on the better tech sites, was noted to be good, in terms of value for money, but not that good compared to many more expensive competitiors,, and we should be grateful, for next time, that we've had a look at something

AussieExpat you really need to calm down. I'm gonna report you if you keep on spamming as this is just insane. Also, some of the stuff you are saying is actually wrong/stupid:

1) "This ROM is Experimental so you should experiment"

That's not what it means, I'm not saying you are wrong, but that's not why the ROM is named experimental. Its named experimental as the ROM could still have bugs.

2)"Your IMEI can be changed by install processes"

Currently, your IMEI can only be changed if you yourself change it, and by doing that it would change to zero (0). Can't you tell the difference between a 15 digit number and 0 :lol:

And then you have the audacity to say that "this ROM has ongoing, serious issues, but I appreciate daz's efforts". How many times have we heard this from you? Just keep it to yourself mate, I don't anyone gives a crap.

And finally you comment on someone's spelling, I mean how low is that? You can't find anything constructive to say, so you comment on their English.

You seriously need to calm down, and once you are nice and calm, go to your nearest motorway, and start playing with the traffic. I'm sure it would benefit yourself, and the rest of the world as we have one less idiot cluttering up our airspace. Peace.

by all means, report me, I was not the one to start these insulting comments: be careful you'll get back from the moderators what you dish out: "go to your nearest motorway, and start playing with the traffic." I think you'll be required to give an apology first.

Guest BadMan PimpY

You must get hot in New Zealand in that suit AussieExpat

tumblr_m0g4q6lj321rqfhi2o1_500.gif

You couldnt find a pram to throw your dummy out of....lol

Hum hum...

Don't get exited dude... :mellow:

You're not oblige to prove you haughty. I'm not an selfish person and I've got a lot respect for Dazzozo and his work and pojects.

When I tried the R3, games couldn't run. So I came back on CM 10-R7, and it's excellent. Then when I saw CM 10.1 R4 and I say "will I be able to play these games ?".

If I asked this question, this is because I'm a newbi in Android. I have difficulty to install, save or switch ROM. And sometimes, I lose all my contacts and my app... So I don't take this risk.

Having said that, I'm really gladI had an answer. Have a plaisant day. ;)

Zawel

(sorry for bad english)

EDIT : I try it, it's AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME ! *_*

Quasi intelectual (may I say rubbish?) stuff. All the time.

:)

hit_nail_on_head.jpg

Edited by BadMan PimpY

Guest dakok

"Quasi intelectual (may I say rubbish?) stuff. All the time."

suffice to say, simply, that it's been a valiant attempt to "milk" all that one can out of a low level device,.......

You missunderstood that.

It was fired at your comments on modaco.

Guest kyan31

suffice to say, simply, that it's been a valiant attempt to "milk" all that one can out of a low level device, whose performance was always, on the better tech sites, was noted to be good, in terms of value for money, but not that good compared to many more expensive competitiors,, and we should be grateful, for next time, that we've had a look at something

by all means, report me, I was not the one to start these insulting comments: be careful you'll get back from the moderators what you dish out: "go to your nearest motorway, and start playing with the traffic." I think you'll be required to give an apology first.

I don't have to apologize for anything as its you that is hated by many people. You should be the one apologizing just for being so rude, and so annoying.

Guest AussieExpat

I don't have to apologize for anything as its you that is hated by many people. You should be the one apologizing just for being so rude, and so annoying.

Do us all a favour, go to Hell, now, you'll end up there eventually anyway

this isn't a popularity contest, it's supposed to be a rational discussion of issues, but you and your cronies have destroyed that

Guest BadMan PimpY

this isn't a popularity contest, it's supposed to be a rational discussion of issues, but you and your cronies have destroyed that

That Panda suit is getting hot....huh!!

angry-panda-smash-o.gif

Guest spicasso

Hiho,

maybe a little bit offtopic, but:

I like to use the trebuchet launcher ind the Infinion-Rom. Is there any possibility to do that? An if yes, what have I to do?

Tx a lot,,,,

Guest jasi2476

Hi Guys ,

I tried OTA update , but it said didn't find update and now i am stuck at huawei Logo ,

what should i do to make it work again- i have tried taking battery off but didn't work.

Thanks

Guest kyan31

I can't really have a rational discussion if you have no idea on what your talking about ;)

Edited by kyan31

Guest vankingsley12

Hi guy,I really love you ROM,but only one problem is,I can't fild volume wake option in display setting?????Someone can explain for me?????Sorry for all if I make a mistake beacause I am a newbie!!!!!