Front Camera and CyanogenMod.

Guest dodgetimmy

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'm pretty sure its because the builds we have for the Crescent are based on the original Blades libs and that device doesn't support a front camera or flash so they won't work on our phones.

I'm not too sure though.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Zte didn't provide them ;)

I don't know how Blade's lib were made available tough.

ZTE sucks.. :(

So lifting prebuilt libs off stock ROMs don't work I guess?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

As far as I remember, it does but the cameras are a different model and the libraries couldn't be made to work with ours.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest razzmataz1478
Just wondering take it the skate doesnt have front camera working on cyanogenmod

The skate doesn't have front camera :P

Your front camera (and flash - same for skate) doesn't work because the proprietary liboemcamera.so library doesn't seem to be compatible with 4.0+, and causes memory errors. We use the blade's liboemcamera.so because it doesn't cause memory errors. C3C0 has tries multiple times to try and fix this but,unfortunately, hasn't been successful.

Guest BLu3HaZe

The skate doesn't have front camera :P

Your front camera (and flash - same for skate) doesn't work because the proprietary liboemcamera.so library doesn't seem to be compatible with 4.0+, and causes memory errors. We use the blade's liboemcamera.so because it doesn't cause memory errors. C3C0 has tries multiple times to try and fix this but,unfortunately, hasn't been successful.

Different APIs and what not in 4.0+ so understandable, but what about for CM7 atleast? Even video gets recorded at 352x288 max, for now..

Guest razzmataz1478

Different APIs and what not in 4.0+ so understandable, but what about for CM7 atleast? Even video gets recorded at 352x288 max, for now..

I can't say for definite but I don't think that's related to liboemcamera.so, but more likely camera HAL.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest razzmataz1478
It is not possible to use a liboemcamera newer ? Like in last ZTE phone (more recent than Blade Crescent for instance) ?

As far as I know, the Blade's liboemcamera.so, which all three zte msm7x27 devices use, is at the Gingerbread api level. They started on FroYo so their 'new' lib might've been for Gingerbread.

Guest dodgetimmy

So its possible to be used with CM7, but a lib for a device without a front camera was used instead? Would be great to try CM7 if it was working!

Guest UselessMadao

I was a fan of ZTE but now I'm not anymore. ZTE was a great manufacturer back in 2010/2011, it created a great period that we called "V880 era" in China. But now things have changed, ZTE becomes much lazier and doesn't care about its clients, compared to others phone manufacturers

Anyway, my next phone will be Huawei. Byebye ZTE.

We should all get china phones as they usually come pre-rooted, and get a recovery exploit within the week of release. The jiayu G3 was rooted and CWM'ed before it was even released to the public.

Development is also very easy as all the developer tools are open to the public. The Chinese don't care about what you do with the phone, which is obviously a good thing for the devs.

Edited by kyan31

Don't most of them have no kernel source available and Mediatek CPUs that don't have any documentation available as well ? So it wouldn't be possible to make any custom ROMs, that are not stock based.

Don't most of them have no kernel source available and Mediatek CPUs that don't have any documentation available as well ? So it wouldn't be possible to make any custom ROMs, that are not stock based.

Ah OK, that's a bummer. That means no CM, AOKP, Paranoid etc :(

Guest razzmataz1478

Sony are definitely the best vendor for third party development. They are supportive and there was even an experiment to add the Xperia S to AOSP