[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest omegavesko
:blink:

i saw some 4.0.4 stock roms with visible Dev options

That's normal.. developer options are part of stock Android, and they've only stated 'hiding' it since 4.2.

Our camera hal is too far from being compatible with stock liboemcamera.so

Majority of functions missing. So we use the blade liboemcamera. It's hard to write new hal to talk to original liboemcamera without having documentation. On the other side I am quite sure you with your great skills could come up with something :) Wanna start a new project? :)

No, I don't have the hardware and I'm busy enough as-is. ;)

But I'd start with strace or something similar, to see how exactly the library talks to the kernel.

New 4.2.2 gapps available in the first post. Standard + Multi-DPI

1) In case you already have updated versions of "Google Play Services" and "Play store" on Data partition, uninstall them first

2) Reboot to recovery. Flash gapps. No wipes needed

Guest aamiel

Just to try, I flashed gapps-addon-JZO54K-Picasa-Sync.zip from the link and I now have my Picasa and Google+ pictures in the gallery. An other thing I was missing from gingerbread ROMs! (I now need to get skymap to work somehow...)

Just noticed that videos recorded in this ROM will not only not show thumbnails but will not play either once this is flashed. But at least I get all my photos

Edited by aamiel

Guest omegavesko
Just to try, I flashed gapps-addon-JZO54K-Picasa-Sync.zip from the link and I now have my Picasa and Google+ pictures in the gallery. An other thing I was missing from gingerbread ROMs! (I now need to get skymap to work somehow...)

Did Skymap ever work properly? I'm not sure if I was on 2.3 or 4.0 when I tried it, but the display just jitters until I turn it off.

Guest omegavesko

Works fine on stock based ROMs, not CM7.

Huh, strange. Always assumed it was a problem with the gyro or something. Interesting.

Guest emilpoul

Guys ,i spend a min in blade sub forum, and saw that kostanT in blade one has finally give a cm 4.2.2 that everything working 100% even Bluetooth for tethering.

Well :D , i think that the moment that my skate will run 4.2.2 is very close.

:D

:D

Blade has a different Bluetooth chip as far as I know. Daemond has written a vendor lib for it. This is something I am unable to solve myself I think. Especially when I'm too lazy to investigate since I don't really need BT.

BT stack provided by broadcom in 4.2.2 is still broken somehow and even nexus devices have problems with it.

New build available

Changelog 06/03/2013

- synced with ParanoidAndroid repos (AOSPA 3.10)

- FM Radio with RDS support

--- system part ported from CM

--- device part ported from Blade (thanks daemond & KonstaT)

- Koush's Superuser - integrated into Settings

--- removed SuperSU

--- don't forget to uninstall SuperSU updates from Data partition if present

- Updated kernel GPU drivers

- AOSP: fixed starting window memory leak

- CM: Caching of pre-scaled bitmaps - reducing memory pressure

- Updated QuickSettings

--- 2G/3G toggle missing - they seem to be having some problems with it since Android 4.2.2

- Lockscreen: option to enable/disable HW acceleration

--- fixes unlock ring glitch when HW accel disabled

- PIE improvements:

--- improved touchhandling, no emptyangle

--- better animations

--- clear all button for notifications

--- header with time and date for both panels

--- expandable notifications

- upgrade without wiping data possible

Guest Mohamed Atiea

@C3C0, Great ROM, but what is the changes in SKATE PARTS you've ported from blade?

Also the incoming call screen is still miss alligned

Guest SPARL_

Was there not a patch somewhere for the misalignment or was it incorporated into the Rom, I know he'd sorted it on the previous build.

Greetings from Austria.

Nothing was done to skate parts. The info in changelog is regarding FM radio - device support for FM was ported from blade (kernel driver + vendor lib).

Circl e is misaligned when hw acceleration is enabled for lockscreen. Its also written in the option summary text in Settings / lock screen / enable hw acceleration.

When this option is disabled, circle is OK.