New Bootloader that (potentially) fixes "3G reboot" issue released

Guest ACS10

Yes you can, I did it tonight with 0 problems. The bootloader is separate from the OS, as such it doesn't matter whether you have CM9, CM10, CM10.1 or any other custom ROM on it.

Cool, I will try this tomorrow :)

@Dazzozo you should make your own topic as this is your creation, and then get it pinned ;)

Guest vibracopilu

An early report:

-no reboots in almost 6 hours of 3G standby & use (wifi disabled)

-battery not affected by the new bootloader

-performance not affected

3G reboots (on CM10.1 right now but ROM shouldn't be significant as far as I know...) are quite common for me so I have installed this bootloader and will test it.

I have been switching to 2G in sleep/screen off mode to avoid the problem.

I still have SIM PIN lock enabled and SIM Locked Notifier app installed so I know when I get these reboots.

Fingers crossed!

(Although even if it works I might still switch to 2G because it seems to have a significantly positive impact on battery lifetime! :))

BTW Does the [re]locked bootloader affect future ROM installs - or anything else? For example if I want to switch from CM10.1 to some other ROM? Or if I want to replace my current TWRP with CWM?

Edited by dalyer

Guest soulhand

> If you're on Windows, you must have the USB driver installed ("Handset WinDriver") that is packaged with stock ROMs as a USB CD.

Is there any way of getting these drivers without using a stock ROM? I had to reinstall Win7 and so lost the drivers previously installed, and I'd prefer not to reflash back to stock just for those

Guest Higgy69

> If you're on Windows, you must have the USB driver installed ("Handset WinDriver") that is packaged with stock ROMs as a USB CD.

Is there any way of getting these drivers without using a stock ROM? I had to reinstall Win7 and so lost the drivers previously installed, and I'd prefer not to reflash back to stock just for those

Found on the:

[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4s79363jywob97i

Guest Higgy69

I had occasional reboots (once a week?). I have installed the new Bootloader (Thanks Daz) and will keep an eye out. Oh, currently on Infusion B06 with a few jumps to CM10.1 to test the latest work :D

I also use SIM PIN lock enabled and SIM Locked Notifier app installed, so will know if I get a reboot.

You can d/l from here http://www.modaco.co...r/#entry1997535

Guest vibracopilu

Tried this bootloader "fix" on stock B952, with no luck. Reboots still appear randomly.

I believe you didn't install it correctly. I've been running on 3G with the wifi turned off since yesterday evening and I didn't get single reboot; and believe me, I used to have plenty of them. Make sure you correctly installed the drivers that come with the stock rom. A successful install of the bootloader will give this result in a console.

(the 8192+0 in and out stuff is what you are looking for, correct me if I'm wrong Daz :P)

unbenannt-2i0jsu.jpg

Its must for everyone or only for those who are having issues? Btw I don't even had a single 3g reboot..

If you don't get these "random/3G reboots" then count yourself lucky and you don't need to use this bootloader. :)

A couple of people have mentioned having wifi off. Is there any significance to this other than to force 3G usage while testing? I leave wifi on but when out an about will be out of wifi coverage and using 3G. When wandering around town near my workplace I usually get the reboots. Is it OK to test this way or should I explicitly switch wifi off too?

BTW - I'm assuming that to test this you need to install the locked bootloader AND reboot? Rebooting doesn't seem to be mentioned explicitly anywhere...

Edited by dalyer

Guest vibracopilu

A couple of people have mentioned having wifi off. Is there any significance to this other than to force 3G usage while testing? I leave wifi on but when out an about will be out of wifi coverage and using 3G. When wandering around town near my workplace I usually get the reboots. Is it OK to test this way or should I explicitly switch wifi off too?

BTW - I'm assuming that to test this you need to install the locked bootloader AND reboot? Rebooting doesn't seem to be mentioned explicitly anywhere...

The thing is that when I used to leave my mobile with the old bootloader on the desk, wifi off, 3G on, it rebooted every now and then (like very often). Now it doesn't reboot at all. I even installed Boot Logger to be sure.

I believe this new bootloader is unlocked too, just done right ;) I did a reboot, yes. I think a bootloader is only used while booting so I did a reboot.

Sorry - I had just assumed that this bootloader was locked and that the hypothesis was that this fixed the problem because it was the unlocked bootloader that caused the problem in the first place? Was I mistaken and this new bootloader is also unlocked - but hopefully fixed? :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Guest mjosifek

Sorry, doesn't work for me. Still reboots. I don't understand where is the trick. I have rooted my phone with the package from the http://huaweig300.com/downloads/g300-ics-pack-linux and this zip file contains the files oemsbl.img and bootloader.img with the same md5 sums. Here it is:

a6bb49c589db6eceb273b7dcc0833da5 ./oemsbl.img

dde217de9bc4adbf5398db1e034f2d62 ./bootloader.img

Is this the correct version of the fixed bootloader?

Thanks

Guest ltsmash

Hey folks, if you're receiving a "permission denied" error in the command prompt when running the script make sure you set root access to "apps and ADB" under developer options.

Had to do that on mine before it worked.

You are announcing it as "new bootloader that fixes 3g reboot issue". There are already some users in the irc chat testing it because they get reboots very often, so they can confirm if this bootloader fixes the issue. Anyway, I hope you won't have to change the title of this thread :P

Fair point, updated title accordingly!

Thus far no reboots since installing this last night although they were rare for me anyway. Glad to hear some positive responses from others.

Guest raverrr
Sorry, doesn't work for me. Still reboots. I don't understand where is the trick. I have rooted my phone with the package from the http://huaweig300.com/downloads/g300-ics-pack-linux and this zip file contains the files oemsbl.img and bootloader.img with the same md5 sums. Here it is:

a6bb49c589db6eceb273b7dcc0833da5 ./oemsbl.img

dde217de9bc4adbf5398db1e034f2d62 ./bootloader.img

Is this the correct version of the fixed bootloader?

Thanks

Are you sure you are running the right script? (The bootloader one and not the root one)

There is no reason this wouldn't work for you to.

Guest vibracopilu

Ok, so in 20 hours of use & standby with 3G enabled and wifi disabled I got only one reboot, compared to 5-10 reboots a day that I was getting with the old bootloader. I am monitoring with the Boot Logger app.

EDIT: 2 now :(

Edited by vibracopilu