Which ROM should I install??

Guest bunnymyhoney

Guest bunnymyhoney

Hi all,

After owning a San Fran and tinckering with that loading on a few different ROMS, I now have a G300 which is unlocked and rooted.

So, my questions is, what do you all recommend as the bestest, stable, don't scare me too much when installing ROM?

I'm having a few issues at the moment on the stock ICS ROM where the SD card insists on unmounting every so ofter each day and then the phone decides to reboot randomly too.

I'm hoping that changing it to one of the ROMS from MoDaCo will put a stop to all these phone turny-offy shenanagans :)

Edited by bunnymyhoney

No easy answer. Horses for courses. There are already a few threads where people give their opinions on and recommendations for their favourite ROMs. But some of it is subjective. You should try to read some of the (LONG!) threads about some of the more popular ROMs - and ideally try some of them out - to make an informed decision on what's suitable for your specific needs. Hope this helps even if it's not a straight answer... :)

I tested these, and all of them are very good for general purpose:

Meija ICS (base B952)

Slim ICS (base B952)

Cyda b7 ICS (base B944)

Baidu ICS ROM20, ROM21, v2 (base ?)

Tested Dazzozos cm10.1 (very good, but not completed)

Tested Shendu JB ( version from 18.01. is pretty good, but not completed, other latest versions are bad)

Tested few latest MIUI`s - all of them are bad.

Edited by dakok

Guest Aaron Fenn

Meija ICS (base B952)

Slim ICS (base B952)

Cyda b7 ICS (base B944)

Tested Shendu JB ( version from 18.01. is pretty good, but not completed, other latest versions are bad)

Slim ICS? Link please

Meija ICS (base B952)

Slim ICS (base B952)

Cyda b7 ICS (base B944)

How is CM10.1 not completed? It seems great for everyday use, its been my daily ROM since it first came out.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my eye saw a huge battery drain and one

FC:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360515-jb-421-cyanogenmod-101-rom-last-updated-2701/page__st__340#entry2083200[/CODE]

We all saw here different experiences peopel have with same roms.

So my comment is no more then personal impression :)

So my comment is no more then personal impression :)

As I said above - most ROM recommendations are going to be subjective! :D

I'm also using CM10.1 since it came out and it definitely suits my needs for a daily use ROM. But then I haven't as much experience as others with the many other ROMs available for the G300. Just some time on Infusion and CM10.0 (and maybe CM9 but I can't remember! :o).

Guest shweeney

CM10.1 is perfectly useable as a daily ROM, only significant issue is battery drain, but there a plenty of apps available that will improve battery life.

I've tried a couple of the ROMs based on Huawei's own ROMs (including Infusion for several months) and CM10.1 is streets ahead of them, but as others have said, YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bunnymyhoney

Thank you all so much for your input.

I'm so hacked off with the stock ROM since the Vodafone update a couple of months ago.

I'll give CM10.1 a whirl I think as everyone says that's a good day to day stable one :)

Edited by bunnymyhoney