Blade 3 launched in the UK on Virgin Mobile.

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

The ZTE Blade 3 is now available in the UK on Virgin Mobile. Priced from just £18 per month on contact or £79.99 on pay as you go including a £10 top up. I would advise getting the Big DATA & Texts tariff for the phone as well.

Powered by a 1GHz single-core processor and backed up with 512MB of RAM and 4GB storage, it's not high end but for the price it's pretty good value. It also comes with Android 4.0.4 out of the box.

It's similar in spec to the Huawei Ascend G300 but cheaper.. has it arrived too late though?

For details about the device please go to http://www.ztedevices.co.uk/overview-zte-blade-3.html

Guest anewman

How does the Virgin Big Data and Texts work in practice? The Virgin site is sparse on info, though I have read somewhere that when you top up your £10, you have to wait till the next month to get your data allowance. This would mean that if you missed topping up by the end of the month, you'd be waiting a while, and forced to use your £10 credit to get the £5 data add on???!

Edit: silly me, seems its all in the FAQ http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go/big-FAQs.html Funny how I've learned to ignore FAQs on the internet because the questions and answers are never usually anywhere near relevant to what you want to know.

Edited by anewman

Should also work on Orange and T-Mobile as well.

Does anyone have any confirmation of this? There seems to be a lack of sim unlock tools, and If my Tmo sim will happily work in it, I'll pick one up, as my original Blade is very senile now. Cheers.

Guest Aluminate

Gonna confirm my phone, bought from Virgin Media (UK), does not work with Orange Sim cards. There is a lack and sadly, I won't use this phone until I can use my orange sim card. :(

Edited by Aluminate

Guest eminem120176

Hi,

I have installed CM10 on my Blade 3. I have wi-fi but no mobile data on virgin mobile uk. All APN settings are correct (i think, sames as my tm vivacity with fish and chips that works). Any ideas to fix or recommend a ROM that does work with Virgin UK.

Also does anyone have a link for Virgin ROM or UK stock ROM as I forgot to save them in case I need to switch back. Thanks

Edited by eminem120176