Upgrading motorola MZ604 Xoom

Guest ohio66

Hi folks like most people I will be looking to flash a ROM to allow me at least some updates ,perhaps even "gedify" it If I can find the NOOBS guide (seems to have vanished?)

I have always understood that my UK MZ604 was WIFI only i.e. wingray so you can imagine my surprise when I used

Smart System Info app from the play store to which tells me the following under DEVICE;

MOTOROLA MZ604

Brand MOTO

Code Name wifi_hubble

CPU ARMv7 Rev 0 (v71)

IMEI/MEID

Hardware Stingray :huh:

1) So if I want to Gedify OR apply a new ROM which do I need Singray or Wingray????

2) Am I not understanding wingray/stingray? :unsure:

3) Is the app in error?

An help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Guest lanlith

if I recall correctly stingray is 3G, wingray is Wifi

is it completely stock? maybe the app only references one of the multiple types of Xoom...?

I posted a guide on my blog http://lanlith.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/xoom-wifi-non-us-ie-ukcan-301-32-in-few.html for WiFi only xooms some time ago (july 2011 apparently) - that may help get started

Edited by lanlith

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ianlith, sorry for the late reply due to holidays. My XOOM is completely stock and I am on Android 4.0.4. I am sure that all official support is finished so want to look at other firmware ie from cyanogen,EOS etc. I wanted to be sure I used the correct ROM