Huawei Ascend Y100 only £24.99

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

The Huawei Ascend Y100 is just 10.9mm thick, it has an 800MHz processor and runs Android Gingerbread 2.3.

Did I mention it's only £24.99!

So let's cover the basics of the device, it has:

• TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors display at a resolution of QVGA
    240 x 320 pixels, 2.8 inches (~143 ppi pixel density)
  • Internal memory of 512 MB ROM, but also has a Micro SD slot
  • A Qualcomm MSM7225A Snapdragon cpu running at 800 mhz, with Adreno 200 dedicated gpu, and 256 MB RAM
  • Camera, without flash, shooting at 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, and VGA 640x480 Video capture at 30 frames per second
  • Li-Ion 1050 mAh battery, and a weight of 100 grams

Ok, it wont win any awards, but for £24.99 or potentially £19.94 via TopCashBack, it's worth purchasing for development alone. If more developers made sure their games ran on QVGA displays, like Super Hexagon by Terry Cavanagh, QVGA device owners would purchase more games.

[Via: O2]

gallery_19680_3_28368.png

Click here to view the item

Guest The Soup Thief

Stick an old high capacity micro SD in it and you've got yourself a very reasonable wifi drive for a Nexus or other device.

Crazy cheap!

Pity it's probably locked to O2, making it useless as a mobile phone for most.

Alternatively you can use it to skim across a pond if you've no pebbles to hand.

Guest hecatae

Certainly make a very cheap Mifi device for the GiffGaff network.

and with dat connection of up to 7.2mbps download and 5.76mbps upload it would be rude not to

Guest hecatae

it's an msm7225a which is armv7 and has 7.2mbps download and 5.76mbps upload, I have a LG Optimus L3 and a ZTE V790 on the same chipset and they both have HSUPA enabled, so unless Huawei have been naughty then yes it does

Guest jamoiholland

Meh, thought this might be a nice one for a family member, on the stock Huawei ROM, but just unboxed, tried to update the pre-installed apps, and it is already out of space :-S

Why do I keep buying these cheap devices when the tiny internal storage space for apps almost always bites! Will have to give this a go, but always nervous giving devices to family members with customs ROMs, as any niggling bugs will come back to me for support!

Guest Ocaderan

Meh, thought this might be a nice one for a family member, on the stock Huawei ROM, but just unboxed, tried to update the pre-installed apps, and it is already out of space :-S

Why do I keep buying these cheap devices when the tiny internal storage space for apps almost always bites! Will have to give this a go, but always nervous giving devices to family members with customs ROMs, as any niggling bugs will come back to me for support!

perhaps you could make a partition on the SD card to use as internal memory for apps?

Guest jamoiholland

perhaps you could make a partition on the SD card to use as internal memory for apps?

Same as a custom ROM though, anything out of the ordinary that has chance of backfiring or require use of app2SD or similar every time something gets installed just doesn't fly with non-geeks, and will only create me hassle later on, hence I was after the stock/normal experience

Guest unrandomsam

Has anyone worked out the method dc unlocker uses on huawei phones yet ?

I think it is really simple and unchanging ....

(Not harder than booting a QPST enabled kernel and running a few commands that are different to the normal ones.)

Should have got the Lumia 620 from O2 at £120 missed it though.

Guest hecatae

Has anyone worked out the method dc unlocker uses on huawei phones yet ?

I think it is really simple and unchanging ....

(Not harder than booting a QPST enabled kernel and running a few commands that are different to the normal ones.)

Should have got the Lumia 620 from O2 at £120 missed it though.

yes, they use the same method on huawei and zte modems...

Guest unrandomsam

The algorithm is different for the phones. And I think the commands are different from qualcomm standard on newer phones and modems. (i.e the one to enable diag etc etc).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.