OEMINFO-Hack-Tool-v10 (install any update.app) [20/03/2013]

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

This nearly bricked my phone :unsure:

Firstly it doesn't work with CM10.1, "device not connected, check root"

Finally got it to work with Stock ICS but the IMEI backup it saved was NULL. Luckily I found an old 5irom backup I'd made ages ago.

There should be an option to verify the IMEI backup before you zero it.

There is such option, you cannot zero your imei withouth doing a backup first.

Guest jsevi83

I did backup, but when I went to restore later the process seemed to work but IMEI was still zero.

After changing your imei, sometimes you need to make wipes so the rom can read the new one.

Guest popoyaya

I don't know what went wrong. I went from CM10.1 r3 to Stock ICS repack. Backed up IMEI. Zeroed it. Wiped and formatted in recovery. Flashed Stock ICS update.app. Restored IMEI. No phone signal. Checked IMEI = 0. Tried to restore again, still zero. Full wipe & flashed CM10. Tried to restore IMEI, still zero. All this to try and get rid of the damned white & red boot splash. Got there in the end thankfully. Cool story, huh? :)

Guest jsevi83

I don't know what went wrong. I went from CM10.1 r3 to Stock ICS repack. Backed up IMEI. Zeroed it. Wiped and formatted in recovery. Flashed Stock ICS update.app. Restored IMEI. No phone signal. Checked IMEI = 0. Tried to restore again, still zero. Full wipe & flashed CM10. Tried to restore IMEI, still zero. All this to try and get rid of the damned white & red boot splash. Got there in the end thankfully. Cool story, huh? :)

:D You can change the splash screen without installing an update.app:

Guest popoyaya

Tried that, tried everything and nothing worked. The ugly splash refused to budge. The only thing that shifted it was the stock update.app, which required an IMEI reset and that's where the trouble started. Curious how your utility failed to back up my IMEI though? It might stem from the procedure I used to sim unlock my G300 using 5irom.

Guest Liesse

Decided that I wanted to backup my IMEI with this, just in case. I have a 5ROM backup, but people seem to think this is better. I like backups. Let's give this a whirl.

I am using CM10.1 R3 on my phone.

Hmm. Have the phone whitelisted for ADB. USB debugging is all good. ADB when run from a command prompt finds my device with the devices command. Looking good. However. Running the 1-imei-backup-windows.bat says "error: Device offline" several times and tells me to check root permissions.

Confused. Device looks online to me and root permissions are ok. 4.2.2 issue? Apologies if I am doing somethign monumentally stupid. Any ideas?

Edited by Liesse

Guest jsevi83

Decided that I wanted to backup my IMEI with this, just in case. I have a 5ROM backup, but people seem to think this is better. I like backups. Let's give this a whirl.

Hmm. Have the phone whitelisted for ADB. USB debugging is all good. ADB when run from a command prompt finds my device with the devices command. Looking good. However. Running the 1-imei-backup-windows.bat says "error: Device offline" several times and tells me to check root permissions.

Confused. Device looks online to me and root permissions are ok. 4.2.2 issue? Apologies if I am doing somethign monumentally stupid. Any ideas?

When you run the script, check if the phone is asking you for permission to use adb with your pc, it's a new feature in cm10.1.

Guest Liesse

When you run the script, check if the phone is asking you for permission to use adb with your pc, it's a new feature in cm10.1.

No. It isn't. Nor does ADB. Probably because I already whitelisted ADB for my PC when it popped up the first time. Can you think of anything else I can try at all?

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FunkyDisco

Hi!

I have LG p760 with rooted ADB.

mINE CONF:

jb 4.1.2 JR0RL,

P76020B FIRMWARE

Here is mine log of second step (I removed checking of existance because of lack of space):

c:\IMEI-Hack-Tool-v10>2-imei-hack-windows.bat

891 KB/s (10485760 bytes in 11.481s)

771 KB/s (12582912 bytes in 15.927s)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p5: write error: No space left on device

10241+0 records in

10240+0 records out

5242880 bytes transferred in 0.886 secs (5917471 bytes/sec)

IMEI hack finished.

Press ENTER to close this window...

And nothing happend because of error (maybe you should put checking in each comamnd and check retval?). Seems that command:
files\adb-windows.exe shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/IMEI-HACK.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5" 
has no space!!? Here is another log (size of free space) onmine phone:

c:\IMEI-Hack-Tool-v10>files\adb-windows.exe shell df /data/local/tmp

Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize

/data/local/tmp 2.33G 158.30M 2.18G 4096

c:\IMEI-Hack-Tool-v10>

as you see 2.1 gb saqce free and not enough? What to do to make it work? So I change youor command as:

c:\IMEI-Hack-Tool-v10>files\adb-windows.exe shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/IMEI-HACK.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 bs=4096"

/dev/block/mmcblk0p5: write error: No space left on device

1281+0 records in

1280+0 records out

5242880 bytes transferred in 0.090 secs (58254222 bytes/sec)

And no help!

But .... one more question .... You said in readme.txt:

4) Install an UPDATE.APP: copy the "dload" folder to your sdcard, power off your phone and then power it on while pressing both volume buttons.

where are that dir and files?

Please advise me...

RG

Funky

Edited by FunkyDisco

Guest jsevi83

Hi!

I have LG p760 with rooted ADB.

mINE CONF:

jb 4.1.2 JR0RL,

P76020B FIRMWARE

You are in the wrong section. This is only for Huawei Ascend G300.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnnyd1979

Hello there. I'm going to try and restore the Vodafone version that came with the Phone to send it to warranty (Proximity Sensor doesn't work). I'm using CM 10.1 4.2.2 with the latest CWM. When I try to install a stock version I get an error, with all of them. Do I have to do this first or am I missing something?

Edited by Johnnyd1979

• 2 weeks later...
Guest .vonpatrick.

Hi!

I really need your help.

I have used this tool many times for my Huawei Y300-0100 and it worked perfectly.

But now I encountered a problem.

I have a stock rom, rooted. I made a backup, hacked the imei, and flashed a rom for Y300 (Unicom Edition) and it flashed successfully, then restored the imei. (I had a twrp recovery at that time). But when i rebooted, it didn't read my sim card. I checked the imei and it was already restored. So I rooted my phone again and hacked the imei, then flashed the general version. But when I rebooted, it still didn't read my sim card. So i reverted back to stock recovery and relocked the bootloader (why did I did that?!). The next day, I tried to hack the imei again, powered off the phone and flashed to twrp recovery (why was it accepted to be flashed if I have a relocked bootloader?). Then I flashed the general version again and it only showed me a pink screen (at that time, I haven't thought yet to reformat my sd card). So I tried to go to recovery but it didn't redirected me to it and suddenly I remembered that I have a twrp recovery and a relocked bootloader! So it only means that I can't access recovery anymore. So I thought that maybe I can flash the stock recovery through fastboot to revert me back to my original rom, but then I remembered that I have a relocked bootloader. My only hope is either unlocking the bootloader or flashing a rom through force upgrade. So I tried unlocking the bootloader but it didn't accept my unlock code. But doesn't the imei would only be 0 if I have flashed a rom? So my last hope is to flash a rom through force upgrade. So I tried reformatting my sd card before copying the dload folder to the root of the sd card and it worked! But it only showed a bar, no text (so I wouldn't know if it was unpacking or installing). But then the loading stopped at 1/4 of the bar. I tried flashing different roms, but it didn't worked as well.

So now, I've run out of ideas. And maybe you can help me guys.

Thanks! I'll be waiting for a reply...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pierreism

I have the same problem except I get a pop up and grant permission for ADB and everything. The hack tool just doesn't have root access for some reason. *shrug*

Guest grizar

I tried to install a international firmware on a chineese Y300.

I unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP then SuperSU.

I was able to create the IMEI backup & hack using the OEMINFO Hack Tool.

But, I am unable to flash the international rom (issue with the version according to the log file on SD Card). I tried to install the chineese firmware. Same issue.

Now, the Y300 can not boot, and I am not able to install any firmware. I can not access to TWRP any more.

Do you have any clue to solve this issue?

Guest .vonpatrick.

But, I am unable to flash the international rom (issue with the version according to the log file on SD Card). I tried to install the chineese firmware. Same issue.

Now, the Y300 can not boot, and I am not able to install any firmware. I can not access to TWRP any more.

I have the same issue too. But my bootloader was locked and I can't access TWRP. If yours is unlocked, you can flash the stock recovery and it automatically wipes the cache and lets you boot back to your phone.

Guest wbrambley

What screen do you get to when trying to boot? Does it go past the logo?

Guest Medo81

hello guys.

i have a problem with my phone now. i was on stock rom then moved to ICS official - 2030. then i moved to JB (unofficial rom).

i used this thread to get stock rom back, it is success and everything is working perfectly and smoothly.

the problem is carrier network, no calling. message appear say "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

to be clear: i didn't back up my IMEI when I moved to unofficial roms.

so how to get my real IMEI?

thanks in advance :)

Edit: I repeat the instruction again and it is work fine :)

Edited by Medo81

Guest grizar

Hi everybody.

I followed the instructions, saved my IMEI & hacked my IMEI.

But ... the update procedure failed and I am now having a locked bootloader in error state.

The phone only boot in fastboot mode. I tried to unlock the bootloader with the code provided by Huawei, but it does not work as my IMEI is set to 0.

Do you think there is a way to unlock the bootloader (then, I will be able to mannualy flash my system) or if my device is bricked?

Thanks for your thought.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Steve04

Hi, i write because i had some problem with the imei hack tool. The problem is that i've try to use this app on G600 (U8950-1) but seem that seem that the boot-loader is returned to locked. I have backed up my imei successfully (folder with file 5.img) o have hacker successfully ( 2nd pass) but now i can't restore my imei backup because the boot-loader as been re-locked. Because the hack file contain another imei code and mi unlock code is not compatible with hacked imei my phone is bricked. So i answer to you: Do you know the imei contended in the 2nd img file used to hack the phone. Because without this imei are impossible to re unlock mi phone. Alternatively is possible to create an hacked img file for my phone?

Thank's

Edited by Steve04

Guest Steve04

Well , this is my situation whit my phone. The problem i think is that the 2° step of the procedure (hack imei) have definitifely blocked my boot and relocked the bootloader. Because the imei is changed and i don't know it i'm unable to unlock the imei because a dont know the imei and the relative unlock code. I think the the phone is definitively broken. The logo of the splash are scraped and any command whit adb or fastboot are non working. For adb because he can find the device and for fastboot because the booloader are locked.

xve.JPG

8o29.jpg

lbwn.jpg

Edited by Steve04

Guest eL_Jee

Well , this is my situation whit my phone. The problem i think is that the 2° step of the procedure (hack imei) have definitifely blocked my boot and relocked the bootloader. Because the imei is changed and i don't know it i'm unable to unlock the imei because a dont know the imei and the relative unlock code. I think the the phone is definitively broken. The logo of the splash are scraped and any command whit adb or fastboot are non working. For adb because he can find the device and for fastboot because the booloader are locked.

xve.JPG

8o29.jpg

lbwn.jpg

Exactly the same problem here. Bricked my Y300-0100 by using v10 of this tool.

Only working thing is the Vol +- method to flash an update.app, but they all fail at ~1/4th.

Hope a solution will be found!

For other Y300-0100 users, don't use v10 of this tool!!! I've seen multiple ppl brick their device.

Guest sharkyo01

I would not use this on any phone what so ever the minute you start hacking and removing your IMEI you are going down a slippery slop.

There are also issues regarding the way you zero the IMEI and the way it is rewritten. e.g. A number is written in permanent ink on a white board. You come along with chemicals and really scrub it til it disappears. Then you come along with a non permanent marker and write it on. The non permanent marker can easily be rub off by mistake and it is never permanent.

The method used with any imei remover or writer will cause the same issue as the rewriting of the IMEI is never permanent.

Edited by sharkyo01

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JulianDoe

2) Backup your imei using the file "1-imei-backup-". It will create a folder called IMEI-BACKUP in your sdcard and in your computer.

where in the computer can i find the imei-backup ? this is prolly my last chance to find my imei, as i lost the case of the phone...

LE : heh - i got my imei from my phone - just removed de battery and saw it...

Edited by JulianDoe