[ROM] Raw MOD JB Jiayu G3 [DISCONTINUED(Until I have more time for it)]

Guest noobzilla

Guest noobzilla

Anybody knows why I can't see .odex files of noob's RAW B2_1 rom both in Win8 and linux mint?

the rom is de-odexed so it boots faster and is slimmer why do you need .odex files? :o

Guest baigandroid

Hi All,

please give advise , to repair mobile in Factory mode " Volume - and Power button "

i can select option but i don't how to execute (which key has to press)

Guest Coffer52

fixed wifi issue and com.android.phone doesnt crash anymore(at least not for me) :) uploading now :) let me know if the. ifi and phone still dont work

HI ive installed the latest version and have the same problem with the phone ap stopping on reboot. Also the asop keyboard froze and i couldnt change the default language. Ive removed it now and pulled it from the rom.

Guest noobzilla

HI ive installed the latest version and have the same problem with the phone ap stopping on reboot. Also the asop keyboard froze and i couldnt change the default language. Ive removed it now and pulled it from the rom.

I'm not sure what could be causing these bugs as i havent experienced any of these im sorry but B3 will be this weekend hopefully :)

Guest noobzilla

Hi All,

please give advise , to repair mobile in Factory mode " Volume - and Power button "

i can select option but i don't how to execute (which key has to press)

you use the power key to select then use volume keys to navigate so assuming you have a custom recovery (e.g. CWM and TWRP) there shouldnt be much problems

Guest RussellS

I am having the same problem as fpm_paolo was having whereby the phone is stuck at the green Jiayu symbol when rebooting after the update.

I'm running CWM v5.5.0.4 and I followed the installation instructions to the letter to install the RAW mod B2.1.

I have tried the update twice now with the same results both times.

I have now restored my Nandroid backup to get back to where I was ready to start again. Does anyone have any ideas where this is going wrong.

Guest Coffer52

I am having the same problem as fpm_paolo was having whereby the phone is stuck at the green Jiayu symbol when rebooting after the update.

I'm running CWM v5.5.0.4 and I followed the installation instructions to the letter to install the RAW mod B2.1.

I have tried the update twice now with the same results both times.

I have now restored my Nandroid backup to get back to where I was ready to start again. Does anyone have any ideas where this is going wrong.

hi, I had the same problem and for me it was a bad download. I suggest you redownload, full wipes and all should be OK.

Guest fpm_paolo

Hi RussellS what I can say is: first of all, download again the ROM. Could be a broken download...After if you are familiar with SP FLASH TOOL, just install an official ROM by ejiayu (if you need I can link you to my Google Drive, there you'll find all you need) and the before launching the ROM installation, use CWM to install noob's one. Should work perfectly.

Anyway, I made some tests...well, there are some issues I really don't like.

01. It seems impossibile to change the default AOSP keyboard. And this is not good since I would like to have MultiLing installed.

02. Each time I connect to WiFi, I have to reboot the phone to get an IP and enter the Play Store, or browse the web...very very annoying.

03. As for the GPS, it SEEMS it is a little better than before. I followed a french forum where a gps.conf was published, and I edited it with Italian parameters...While moving GPS Test was at "10 mt accuracy".

04. I have 2 Internet sim. One can also receive and make calls, while the second works only for the internet [in Italian is SIM DATI...something like DATA SIM? dunnow]. Well, it was really IMPOSSIBLE to connect the phone to the Internet with the second sim SIM DATI. That's not a big matter FOR ME, but you know I was testing so...

05. Tried to change the background and it blocked abnormally...but I don't care about this I mean, when the ROM is stable I will put a Tool's image as a background and that will be all.

Guest RussellS

Nope, I re-downloaded the file, did full wipes and installed again and I still get the same thing. It just stays at the green Jiayu logo and won't go any further.

I'm not quite sure where to go with it now.

#noobzilla - could I make a suggestions please. Could you provide the MD5 hash for the download files please. It is normally the first thing I check after downloading a new rom to make sure I have a good download. When I was using my G300 it even showed up a bad upload from a dev to his cloud storage that he wasn't aware of.

Guest Coffer52

I'm not sure what could be causing these bugs as i havent experienced any of these im sorry but B3 will be this weekend hopefully :)

No worries man, still loving this rom no problems I can't live with, many thanks!

Guest Coffer52

Hey following on from my keyboard problem. I changed my SD card from a 16 to 32 gb moved the directory across and I can now modify the keyboard, changed it perfect pro!

Guest Chrissyboy101

Hi noobzilla, is there any chance you could add audio enhancement software?

The Cyanogenmod rom (http://www.needrom.c...le/jiayu-g3-22/) has 'Dolby sound transfer from the Huawei D1'

Although your rom has awesome performance tweaks like v6 :D

#edit: Silly me, I now see you have Ac!d sound mod, sorry!

Edited by Chrissyboy101

Guest noobzilla

Any news on next version?

B3 will have alot more optimization and some apk tweaking along with more and i have exams comiing up in a few weeks which i need to concentrate on so i have no ETA for updates as of yet :o but if everything goes to plan it should be two three weeks but i cant promise anything :) if have any questions pm me anytime and ill try my best to reply

Guest noobzilla

yup agree exams are most important! good luck with them. Are you doing leaving cert or college?

thank you :) the leaving cert :)

Guest Chrissyboy101

Good luck in your exams dude :) Got my first uni exams this summer, should be revising myself!

Could somebody run an antutu benchmark for this ROM? Just like to see what the performance improvements are like over stock. Still waiting on my G3 from ebay.