[ROM] Raw MOD JB Jiayu G3 [DISCONTINUED(Until I have more time for it)]

Guest noobzilla

Could somebody run an antutu benchmark for this ROM? Just like to see what the performance improvements are like over stock. Still waiting on my G3 from ebay.

+1 Antutu, just for reference. Not that it matters in real-life, but still..

+1 Jiayu G3 seems to be out of stock everywhere

+1 Good luck on the exams!

Guest noobzilla

Good luck in your exams dude :) Got my first uni exams this summer, should be revising myself!

Could somebody run an antutu benchmark for this ROM? Just like to see what the performance improvements are like over stock. Still waiting on my G3 from ebay.

Thanks man good luck in yours too :) i done an antutu awhile back and i think theres one somewhere in the comments :P i got around 6000 and I'm real nearly finishing B3 thinking about uploading a beta test just so i can try smooth out all the bugs before full release :)

Guest putbinoot

Dear All,

i already installed lewa recovery touch in my mobile, pls help me remove this, and to install clockwork mod.

download mobile uncle from market, put cwm on your phone then use mobile uncle to update recovery and pick your cwm file and it will install. All backups made by lewa will not work using cwm so do new backups.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest noobzilla

Hey, I have two weeks off from school so I have plenty of time for study and I have some time for modaco too :) and I'm hoping I'll have B3 up by next week

Guest erocha

what's MY problem? I've installed 2.1 but it is unusable, wifi does not connect, some process (sorry, do not remember the name) is always stopping. I just couldn´t use it, had to change back to LewaOS, which I don't like the style.

Guest Chrissyboy101

Hi Noobzilla, my G3 has arrived but all is not dandy.

Jiayu have been forced to change the Wifi, GSM, GPS and FM radio chip that they use, as the old chip (the s500) has been discontinued. This causes all of these features from your ROM to not work on my phone. Having said that, it shouldn't be too trick to port the ROM over. Would you mind if I port your ROM to the new s501 version? If that's ok, I'll wait for version 3 of the ROM before porting. :)

what's MY problem? I've installed 2.1 but it is unusable, wifi does not connect, some process (sorry, do not remember the name) is always stopping. I just couldn´t use it, had to change back to LewaOS, which I don't like the style.

When did you purchase your G3?

Guest T-Birds

There is a JB rom for the newer G3 on http://www.needrom.c...ile/jiayu-g3-6/ Download the JIAYU G3N (need to register to see link), it was modded by an Italian guy called ervius. You can also follow the progress of this rom from (over 300 pages) from http://www.androidia...0-jiayu-g3.html (via Google translate)

Edited by T-Birds

Guest Chrissyboy101

There is a JB rom for the newer G3 on http://www.needrom.c...ile/jiayu-g3-6/ Download the JIAYU G3N (need to register to see link), it was modded by an Italian guy called ervius. You can also follow the progress of this rom from (over 300 pages) from http://www.androidia...0-jiayu-g3.html (via Google translate)

Thanks, I have that ROM installed at the moment, but hadn't seen the Italian forums!

Guest noobzilla

yeah sorry B2.1 has caused these problems it was some careless build.prop editing on my part but thats all fixed in B3 which will hopefully be up tommorrow or saturday

Guest noobzilla

would you happen to have a version for G3N? TIA

Sorry i dont know the difference between a G3 and the G3N but i could make a build for the G3N i woouldnt be ablee to test it though

Guest noobzilla

I'm thinking of rebasing the rom on ICS while maintaining the JB build aswell, because i find ICS more stable. Does anyone else find this to be the case?

Guest RussellS

I'm thinking of rebasing the rom on ICS while maintaining the JB build aswell, because i find ICS more stable. Does anyone else find this to be the case?

I did try the official JB beta and had a few problems with it mostly with the Bluetooth so I went back to ICS. So I would say that if it is not too much trouble for you then perhaps the ICS based rom would be good especially if you also maintain the JB one as well.

the G3N are those from the late -batch to leave production..they have different chips (s501) than the G3..G3 roms work for the G3N but radios (wifi, Bluetooth, gps) don't..

as for ICS, it might be worth a shot..also, it would be great if you can port those OC kernels for mt6577, as the ones available are for ICS only..

Guest noobzilla

I did try the official JB beta and had a few problems with it mostly with the Bluetooth so I went back to ICS. So I would say that if it is not too much trouble for you then perhaps the ICS based rom would be good especially if you also maintain the JB one as well.

the G3N are those from the late -batch to leave production..they have different chips (s501) than the G3..G3 roms work for the G3N but radios (wifi, Bluetooth, gps) don't..

as for ICS, it might be worth a shot..also, it would be great if you can port those OC kernels for mt6577, as the ones available are for ICS only..

thanks for the feed back :) I've found similar JB problems and since the roms based on the Beta it will be hard to make it 100% stable :) Although maintaining both will mean updates will become more scarce but I think ill give it go once i have the JB B3 up :) and i didnt realise there was OC kernels for the mt6577 :o if you have a link to any id appreciate it and definately have a go at porting it :)

Guest paZirezz

have you got anybody, any idea why is my G3 having the same issue like this rom (com.process.phone fails on boot)?! .. i mean, i've tried a lots of JB rom (lewa, miui, etc) .. but all the time, the same problem .. how did you fixed it?

any advice appreciated

cheers.lazlo

Guest noobzilla

com.android.phone does crash on boot in my rom ive tried a few things to fix it and i have suspicions its the deodexing that causes it to crash sorry i cant tell you more i dont it

Guest paZirezz

yeah, me too, no idea .. tried with 2 or 3 different recoverys with no luck .. but the funniest thing.., there are a lots of people around here, who have G3 too, and almost nobody having this issue when flashing any JB rom, just me :D

i've asked this question at the chinese forum, but nothing.. .

somebody told me, to try to ask new simcards at my mobile operator .. right now, i'm doing it

thanks anyway

Guest noobzilla

yeah, me too, no idea .. tried with 2 or 3 different recoverys with no luck .. but the funniest thing.., there are a lots of people around here, who have G3 too, and almost nobody having this issue when flashing any JB rom, just me :D

i've asked this question at the chinese forum, but nothing.. .

somebody told me, to try to ask new simcards at my mobile operator .. right now, i'm doing it

thanks anyway

I've tried my B2 and it didnt fail then id flash it again and it would fail the exact same build it's weird annoying but nothing major :)

Guest noobzilla

since you plan on an ICS rom, maybe try porting the Thunderzap kernel..it's for Micromax MT6577 ICS..overclock and other tweaks..

Already thinking of doing that very thing :) thanks for the idea anyway :)

Guest baigandroid

Hi noobzilla .

it is possible to add "

LG 'Smart Video' eye recognition for Optimus G Pro will track eyes to pause and play video

in your new rom 3

"