[ROM] Raw MOD JB Jiayu G3 [DISCONTINUED(Until I have more time for it)]

Guest noobzilla

Guest timmie897

Just installed it, com.android.phone still crashes and wifi doesn't work anymore?

I think B1 is still the most stable.

Also maybe you could add this CallerID fix http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/39631859#39631859

It's dutch but basically it fixes the callerid to just compare 7 numbers with the contacts instead of 11, not that important but maybe you have the same problem?

Edited by timmie897

Guest noobzilla

Just installed it, com.android.phone still crashes and wifi doesn't work anymore?

I think B1 is still the most stable.

Also maybe you could add this CallerID fix http://gathering.twe...631859#39631859

It's dutch but basically it fixes the callerid to just compare 7 numbers with the contacts instead of 11, not that important but maybe you have the same problem?

really? i dont get the com.android.phone crash does it crash all the time or just on reboot? i dunno whats causing it and i think the wifi is broke because of some build.prop tweaks illl change it around and upload it now soon with the fix

Hello guys

i came accros this forum and it lookt interresting to me

I installed the jb 1-1 and tried it for a few days and works great

yesterday evening i installed jb 2 and everything went well

The wifi problem was gone after a few reboots and works now

Sometimes the aps where chinese but after updating apex that problem was also resolved

Then i tried the gps but i can't turn it off or on it stay's blue so its not working

besides those little bugs its blazing fast i think

and when starting the phone there is a service that stops com.android.phone

So it looks promissing thanks for this great product keep it up

Greetings Marcel

Edited by mcln27

Guest noobzilla

Thanks for the ROM

any GPS improvements in this ROM?

The description doesn't give a word about it

no i dont use the gps but if you want some gps improvenets ill see what i can do :) b2.1 is just about done need to test still and ill upload tomorrow and maybe even have the gps improvements added :)

Guest noobzilla

Hello guys

i came accros this forum and it lookt interresting to me

I installed the jb 1-1 and tried it for a few days and works great

yesterday evening i installed jb 2 and everything went well

The wifi problem was gone after a few reboots and works now

Sometimes the aps where chinese but after updating apex that problem was also resolved

Then i tried the gps but i can't turn it off or on it stay's blue so its not working

besides those little bugs its blazing fast i think

and when starting the phone there is a service that stops com.android.phone

So it looks promissing thanks for this great product keep it up

Greetings Marcel

thanks marcel for the feedback :) i think i havee the wifi issue fixed and i havent gotten the com.android.phone crash at all so i think i fixed it in build 2.1 which ill upload tomorrow :) and the gps switch is something that i found happened with most switches they wouldnt stay on they just turn straight off but that was some build.prop tweaks that ive changed around so hopefuly B2.1 will actually be stable :)

Guest timmie897

Thanks for the ROM

any GPS improvements in this ROM?

The description doesn't give a word about it

I think the gps problem is more hardware related.

You could tweak some things but don't expect miracles :)

Ok that's why we are here for for the feedback my friend and helping each other to make this a great rom

Not for complaining i think it's a good phone for a lesser price works great

And if we can put a fine tuned system on it that's great too

Battery live is also ok at the moment

I'm curious about the update so far so good thanks

Greetz Marcel

Edited by mcln27

Thank you very much, very nice ROM. :-)

Solid Explorer says beta expired.

Try to set the build.prop permisions to -rw-r--r-- (644) to fix the chinese letters in the apps. (I think... because the phone can't write the lang changes)

Or better, fix permisions from Recovery.

Salu2

Guest fpm_paolo

hello everybody, this is fpm_paolo from Italy.

I bought a JiaYu G3 at the beginning of January and I have experienced lots of issues with the GPS module and all related software.

First of all: I had the stock ROM 20121129-082828 and I decided to update to the official but Beta 4.1.2.

Tried to install Tom Tom, Sygic, CoPilot and NDrive but no one worked: GPS was very slow at first satellite fix, it took almost 15 mins to get my position but the signal was quite unstable.

Flashed the phone again and back to 20121129-082828 STOCK Rom.

Tried several first fix methods.

First one: erase mtkgps.dat, create a gps.conf file with FasterGPS, then activate EPO and AGPS via MTK MobileUncleTools and full GPS fixing. It took me less than 30 seconds to fix my position, but when I used a navigation software, WITHOUT USING EPO AND AGPS, position was very innacurate and the signal was extremely weak.

Second take: GPS Helper. It took 480 FOURHUNDREDANDEIGHTY seconds...4 minutes to get my position. Opened a navigator WITHOUT USING EPO AND AGPS and still weak signal and imprecise position.

I'm getting nuts about that. I used to have a Star A3 with Android 2.3.5 and after the first fix with MTK MobileUncleTools and EPO and AGPS it used to work flawless. I mean, there was a 15 mt. mistake, but it was tolerable.

I would like to try your new custom roms...Do you think I could get the same issues? Or is the GPS working?

Please lemme know before I crash my mobile against the wall.

Cheerz!

Hi, I'm using LeWa JB without GPS problems.

GPS now is very accurate.

Please check:

http://www.movilesdu...K6575-y-MTK6577

Salu2

hello everybody, this is fpm_paolo from Italy.

I bought a JiaYu G3 at the beginning of January and I have experienced lots of issues with the GPS module and all related software.

First of all: I had the stock ROM 20121129-082828 and I decided to update to the official but Beta 4.1.2.

Tried to install Tom Tom, Sygic, CoPilot and NDrive but no one worked: GPS was very slow at first satellite fix, it took almost 15 mins to get my position but the signal was quite unstable.

Flashed the phone again and back to 20121129-082828 STOCK Rom.

Tried several first fix methods.

First one: erase mtkgps.dat, create a gps.conf file with FasterGPS, then activate EPO and AGPS via MTK MobileUncleTools and full GPS fixing. It took me less than 30 seconds to fix my position, but when I used a navigation software, WITHOUT USING EPO AND AGPS, position was very innacurate and the signal was extremely weak.

Second take: GPS Helper. It took 480 FOURHUNDREDANDEIGHTY seconds...4 minutes to get my position. Opened a navigator WITHOUT USING EPO AND AGPS and still weak signal and imprecise position.

I'm getting nuts about that. I used to have a Star A3 with Android 2.3.5 and after the first fix with MTK MobileUncleTools and EPO and AGPS it used to work flawless. I mean, there was a 15 mt. mistake, but it was tolerable.

I would like to try your new custom roms...Do you think I could get the same issues? Or is the GPS working?

Please lemme know before I crash my mobile against the wall.

Cheerz!

Edited by Jolufa

And do you have copied to your phone the gps.conf file adjunted in the other forum post?+

I recommend to install and test the LeWa ROM.

No problems.

Salu2

that url just describes CLEARLY what I have already done :D

Edited by Jolufa

Guest noobzilla

i didnt realise so many people used the GPS and on the subject i think i may have a fix im not exactly sure need to test and let you guys test ill be uploading soon :)

Ok, would be nice to have the GPS working fine...

Thx

i didnt realise so many people used the GPS and on the subject i think i may have a fix im not exactly sure need to test and let you guys test ill be uploading soon :)

Guest fpm_paolo

that would be a great deal man...I bought this friggin' chinaphone just to use the mofo GPS. And it makes me upset I cant use the GPS properly. Or be'er: the GPS does NOT work properly. P.s.: you irish aren't you. if so, read Viz! [www.viz.co.uk] ;)

Guest noobzilla

i dunno weather or ot this gps.conf tweak is gonna do much for you but its uploading now let me know what you think :) and yes i am irish :) ill take a look now

Guest fpm_paolo

10x man! I'm downloading it now, and see your gps.conf. Anyway, you were asking about a new clouding site. Well, I use Google Drive: it's simple, free (up to 5 gb only) and superfast in download.

You can also set permission for those who can or can't modify your dox, files, etc. lemme know!

Guest fpm_paolo

NTP_SERVER=0.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=0.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.uk.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

SUPL_TLS_HOST=lbs.geo.t-mobile.com

SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

ACCURACY_THRES=2500

DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=FALSE

This is what FasterGPS would create. That would be good for the UK not for Italy. Anyway, thanks a lot. Gonna try it with Italian sats :)

The closer servers are better.

But all the sats are from USA and Russia.... no other country have sats for use in GPS...

:-)

Salu2

NTP_SERVER=0.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.europe.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=0.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.uk.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

SUPL_TLS_HOST=lbs.geo.t-mobile.com

SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

ACCURACY_THRES=2500

DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=FALSE

This is what FasterGPS would create. That would be good for the UK not for Italy. Anyway, thanks a lot. Gonna try it with Italian sats :)

Guest noobzilla

10x man! I'm downloading it now, and see your gps.conf. Anyway, you were asking about a new clouding site. Well, I use Google Drive: it's simple, free (up to 5 gb only) and superfast in download.

You can also set permission for those who can or can't modify your dox, files, etc. lemme know!

thanks ill give it try :)