[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

You mean extracting DownloadProviderUI.apk from another ROM and installing it did the trick? Or something else did?

Sorry - I have no idea about that one myself.

Yeah, extracted DownloadProviderUI.apk, and copied it to system/app.

Guest denzele

I'm not sure if my Ascend is about to die soon or Slim rom is starting to lag a lot and be very Ram consuming suddenly . Anyone experiencing similar issues? :huh:

Everything 's seems to be fine until few days back when memory started drooping below 30Mb left which makes phone unusable honestly . What it used to be more then 140 MB + as normal before. I found out that if i restart the phone all comes back to normal around 140 MB the a few hours later I see more then 330MB in use. And nothing unusual running in Apps just Settings,Greenify and Keyboard. That's it.

Been loving this rom for so long but if I can't found the fix for this I might have to switch to another rom. :angry:

Edited by denzele

Guest Dovahpig

^switch to what? This is the least memory consuming rom.

Delety greenify - its crap, also whats wrong with stock keyboard? It uses only 800kb of ram. Others 20+ mb..

Guest denzele

It seems better now . 150 MB on ram which is just fine.

I totally disagree with you about Greenify mate . If nothing this little app saves me battery and ram usage like never before.

Just curious why you think that Greenify is crap?

^switch to what? This is the least memory consuming rom.

Delety greenify - its crap, also whats wrong with stock keyboard? It uses only 800kb of ram. Others 20+ mb..

Greenify works fine for me.

Guest ptoner

Spoke too soon. My SD card is fried. Scandisk, didnt take long to fail. So havign to depend on the internal 2GB storage space.

Issue is that it keeps resettingitself and looking for ht SD, external card all the time. Manually having to change the setting is becoming time consuming.

Is there a fix for this? or is it a known issue?

Internal Storage - Link2SD (is this it???)

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b39a2d490c/

Edited by ptoner

Guest Dovahpig

I totally disagree with you about Greenify mate . If nothing this little app saves me battery and ram usage like never before.

Just curious why you think that Greenify is crap?

Sorry, you were right. I tryed Greenify year and some ago when it came out and it used more then 60mb of ram in background to save like 70 or so which seemed crap to me. Today it uses only 20 and its lightweight so things improved.

But i still think other battery and ram boosters are crap :D

Guest ptoner

Yep, happened to me before the card failed altogether.

I would ensure that you back up your card as soon as possible.

The ROM seems to burn out the SD cards very quickly, mine was a ScanDisk 32GB card. In use for 8 months until failure. Was properly formatted using SDFormatter as well.

Any assistance yet on the ROM always wantign to switch to external card for storage purposes?

Dont´t know what I did, but now I´m getting atleast gmail notifications.

I'm having the same problem with notifications (gmail, yahoo mail). They are still not present till i install v13. Il you find what solve the problem for you, thanks to give a feedback !

Guest viggen66

I don't know if you have noticed it, but there is a common bug on the huawei g300, that whenever we connect the smartphone to a laptop/notebook, the ringtone reverts to the default one, does anyone here knows how to fix for this bug? It's quite annoying losing the ringtone settings

Edited by viggen66

I'm having the same problem with notifications (gmail, yahoo mail). They are still not present till i install v13. Il you find what solve the problem for you, thanks to give a feedback !

I got my gmail-notifications back when I disabled that "mail-sorting"-thing, don't know if it had nothing to do with that but

Guest viggen66

Been a while since I posted here.

Been running Slim for ages (v13) as it is the best ROM for this phone IMHO

I just DL'd PaulM's Kernal #15 to run with this. How do you set the overclocking? Do you DL a separate app or am I missing a hidden system option?

Where did you download the PaulM's Kernal #15, is it worthwhile doing it? does it have a significant improvement?

Hi. After testing many rom (GB : AtomicMOD, ICS : CM9, stock+, infusion, slim, JB: slimbean, CM10.1, AOKP,...) slimv13 is my favorite, fast, stable, no reeboot, no major bug, battery... The only issue i have : caller id is not always displayed when my phone is ringing (only number is displayed, even number is in in my contact, with the same format that is displayed on screen call). I tried this fix :

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361307-mod-fix-the-caller-id-lag-updated/

but issue is still present.. any idea ?

Thanks a lor

Guest viggen66

Also there's a bug which whenever you connect the phone to your laptop you lose your ring tone settings, but this bug is common to all ics roms not this particular one, but you are right the best ROM out there is this one, even the battery has the best results for me

I found a workaround for ringtones setting : install ES explorer, when choosing your ringtone, use ES Explorer (not Android system). When connecting my phone to my PC, settings didn't disapear anymore... Hope this helps !

Guest viggen66

I have installed this rom Slim V13 together with paul's kernel #19, I must say, it's excellent, I have never seen my smartphone as just fast as it is now, but I don't know if Paul's Kernels probably drains the battery a little bit faster, but on the default kernel this rom has, I notice sometimes a random lag, that takes some seconds to overcome, it's really weird, because there's no reason for that, have you notice a big lag from now and then on this rom?