[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest bladebuddy

Can u upload your version with the extra bits as would like to test it.thanks

The extra bits are addons written in Spanish, first page download link.

You can understand the links as they say "Potter unlock" notification toggles e.t.c. J.

The extra bits are addons written in Spanish, first page download link.

You can understand the links as they say "Potter unlock" notification toggles e.t.c. J.

I was refering to the extra scripts.

Guest bladebuddy

Hi, it's funny to see this thread in Modaco, I never did it myself because I thought there were many good roms here. I'm glad some of you are liking it. :P

Anyway, the file /system/etc/gps.conf has some spanish servers, but also some european servers. You may want to replace these lines and use some servers from your country, or you can simply delete them.

NTP_SERVER=hora.roa.es

NTP_SERVER=0.es.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.es.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.es.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.es.pool.ntp.org

Thanks for you're work on this. I am personally loving you're rom.

Well done. You're an asset to the G300 community here in the U.K.

how does this rom compare with other roms, I'm using badui but has slight keyboard/contacts lag but battery is great.

how is the battery on this one?

i know there's new lighting rom and also cm10.1 which has few issues. has anyone tried all these and would comment whether this one is any better.

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, tried CM10.1 got lots of fcs. Tried lightning new one laast night, works fine, but definitely laggier than this. This rom with Paul's kernel and oclocked to 1.19 is rock solid and is as fast as anything I've tried. Battery life is very good, nothing noticeably wrong, so as good if not better than aything else. Just about to try the new release of CM 10 r6, se ehow that goes - all other CM versions give me data lockup soccasionally though, so be interesting to try. This rom is now going be my "go to" reliable rom if I have issues on CMetc.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Tried cm10 last night, still getting mobile data issues, so back to this. it's as fast as any out there, and absolutely rock solid. the only thing I'm missing from jb is the ability to delete aqua mail messages directly from the notification tray, which is the only thing that would make me switch to a jb Rom. not a big issue.

not installed supercharger, don't know how...

not installed supercharger, don't know how...

There is a big thread on installing Supercharger over on XDA. As much as I love Supercharger it is a pain in the ass to install, so I just use this now: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1305060

It doesn't almost exactly the same job as Supercharger but is as easy to install as any other app. I bought the pro version ages ago and haven't used Supercharger since.

Guest TangerineTractor

Cheers Cyda, and welcome back. This is a nice Rom, it's like an evolution of Stock+

Just tried rom manager, didn;t notice any difference, in fact if anything it felt slighly laggier. This is a pretty slick rom already.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Cheers Cyda, and welcome back. This is a nice Rom, it's like an evolution of Stock+

Just tried rom manager, didn;t notice any difference, in fact if anything it felt slighly laggier. This is a pretty slick rom already.

If the rom uses decent init.d/ram scripts then you would see very little difference. I've never seen Ram manager add any lag, or ever read any reports of it in the xda thread.

Guest bladebuddy

You could also try "pimp my rom " it has quite a few different tweeks unfortunately not v6. It also has easy to apply extras like Sony Bravia Engine. The app is quiet big though over 20mb but you could delete no frills, vm heap tool and maybe more as they are all integrated into the app.

Guest TangerineTractor

If the rom uses decent init.d/ram scripts then you would see very little difference. I've never seen Ram manager add any lag, or ever read any reports of it in the xda thread.

probably didn't lag as such, but certainly wasn't any quicker.

Guest TangerineTractor

has anyone tried the Supremacy Trilogy script on this rom?

Yep.

Used pimpmyrom to check/enable init.d, then put this script on via zip file. Possibly feels faster, but it was pretty fast before. Running at 1.19, smartass.

Just noticed that iplayer isn't working, but not sure if it was before, since it updated recently and I hadn't tested it. Might take a backup, revery to an unscripted via cwm, test iplayer...

Guest andy/newbie

i am downloading this one now sounds good cm 10 could be good but its slow and laggy on my g300,smooth scrolling when it wants to but very frustating to use as a daily,just ned a rom thats light fast and stable so this looks good

Yep.

Used pimpmyrom to check/enable init.d, then put this script on via zip file. Possibly feels faster, but it was pretty fast before. Running at 1.19, smartass.

what does enable intnd do?

Just noticed that iplayer isn't working, but not sure if it was before, since it updated recently and I hadn't tested it. Might take a backup, revery to an unscripted via cwm, test iplayer...

Guest bladebuddy
iPlayer seems to be a general problem with the latest release, and it's not rom related.

I have been having problems with BBC iplayer since the update.

I have also seen other members posting about it. A shame since the update was supposed to sort these problems out. Maybe the next update ?.