[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

u linked to the V1 of trilogy script? why not V3?

anyway, i'll try supercharger together with this trilogy script

i also just installed apexlauncher and its really smooth on this rom

one question: is it better to keep apexlauncher running in memory or not?

Doesn't make much difference to me.

Guest TangerineTractor

Should you reset Pimp my ROM before flashing Supreme?

PS the apps dont work but the Flash workaround in the browser does.

I just used it to enable init.d then reboot, then I uninstalled it, then rebooted recovery and installed the script.

Guest craigysd

I ain't posted in a while, but been an avid stalker ;).

I'm using this rom with apex launcher in system apps, and supreme trilogy V3 and OC to 1.19, and I must say my phone has never felt as reliable and quick as this, even when it was on GB.

This is defo a keeper for me. :D

Guest TangerineTractor

I ain't posted in a while, but been an avid stalker ;).

I'm using this rom with apex launcher in system apps, and supreme trilogy V3 and OC to 1.19, and I must say my phone has never felt as reliable and quick as this, even when it was on GB.

This is defo a keeper for me. :D

Does making Apex a system app make any difference? I just usually install it, and remove the default launcher using Rom Toolbox.

Guest craigysd

It seems to have made a big difference for me a lot smoother and quicker, and had no re-draws either when exiting apps/games etc.

Been using it since last night and had no problems.

Guest TangerineTractor

It seems to have made a big difference for me a lot smoother and quicker, and had no re-draws either when exiting apps/games etc.

Been using it since last night and had no problems.

OK, made it a system app, I'll let you know!

Update: Doesn't seem to make any difference, but then again, it was fine before!

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Also what Overclocking software are you using Craig?

I'm using smartass2, but I don't think it makes much difference between that an ondemand.

Guest craigysd

I'm using CPU tuner and have 4 different profiles set.

As regards to launcher, maybe me putting it in system is just having a placebo effect ;) but definitely feels quicker and have had no re-draws whatsoever since.

Guest Hoggonator

@Tangerine Tractor

Do you have a basic list of instructions to get to where you are now please?

Wipe Phone

Boot Recovery

Load ROM zip file

Flash Gaps v??

Reboot

Do the script stuff

etc

Would be helpful so can get to the same state you are in

TIA

Guest TangerineTractor

@Tangerine Tractor

Do you have a basic list of instructions to get to where you are now please?

get all relevant files in a folder on sd card

boot recovery

take cwm backup

Wipe data

wipe cache

format system

format data

format cache

wipe dalvik cache

install rom zip

install gapps

boot phone

sign in

let it install all my apps from play store

Install rom toolbox - gives a good way to boot recovery without pulling the battery! (other similar apps are available!)

Boot recovey

Install Paul Millbank's Kernel (latest version)

Reboot

Use no frills cpu to overclock to 1.19

use rom toolbox to make apex launcher a system app

use rom toolbox to remove all apps I don't need (just being anal here)

Configure all my apps (mail, twitter etc)

install pimpmyrom and enable init.d then reboot

uninstall pimp my rom

reboot recovery

take cwm backup

Install supremacy script

reboot

test all working

reboot recovery

take another cwm backup

reboot

enjoy

Edited by TangerineTractor

i get keyboard lag sometimes when typing in browser (same thing in opera/chrome/ff/stock...), and i get this with every ics rom i try

anyone know how to fix that? or is swiftkey the problem (thats the keyboard i use)?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the CPU speed in this rom does not go below 320mhz (by default, without something like No-Frills taking over). And then I flashed Paul's OC kernel and it also does not go down to 245, but at least drops to 300. I'm using CPU Spy to see this behavior. Can anyone confirm?

It seems a waste to have the CPU running at 320mhz in idle state. The stock boot.img and CM9 both go down to 245, and it seems to cause no problems running those roms.

Also, after setting the CPU to 1190 in No-Frills, I had a crash and reboot. I haven't had that before, but I can't say for sure it was that the speed was too high for my CPU. Maybe it was something else?

Guest bladebuddy
Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the CPU speed in this rom does not go below 320mhz (by default, without something like No-Frills taking over). And then I flashed Paul's OC kernel and it also does not go down to 245, but at least drops to 300. I'm using CPU Spy to see this behavior. Can anyone confirm?

It seems a waste to have the CPU running at 320mhz in idle state. The stock boot.img and CM9 both go down to 245, and it seems to cause no problems running those roms.

Also, after setting the CPU to 1190 in No-Frills, I had a crash and reboot. I haven't had that before, but I can't say for sure it was that the speed was too high for my CPU. Maybe it was something else?

The reason for this is there seems to be a lot of lag at wake up on most of the rom's for this phone as well as caller I'd lag . Setting the CPU slightly higher helps or is supposed to help things run smooth when the phone wakes up .Either way when your phone goes into deep sleep it isn't running on these values as you will see running CPU spy.

As for over clocking my phone runs fine on 1.228. As is already known some phones chips can handle higher settings then others but in all honestly there is not much difference between the slightly lower settings then mine.

post-955381-13614090441402_thumb.jpg