[ROM][PA/AOKP/CM10]PAC-man v19.3 for the Ascend G300

Guest razzmataz1478

Ok, I have been using it for about half an hour, and I really like it. It's really smooth, I love the interface, overall it's awesome. There are some bugs, as you would expect, but i'm sure they can be fixed easily.

BUGS:

• AOSP Keyboard FC's constantly and doesn't seem to work
  • Home button isn't working (maybe I pressed something in the settings)
  • Backlight stays on
  • No lockscreen (could also be me)
  • Some menus are a little pixely
  • Bootanimation is a white square
  • No Paranoid Android settings

Thats about it. The keyboard can be fixed easily, as for the others, I haven't tried fixing yet, but I will look into them. I'm very surprised you were able to make this, especially without a G300. Well done mate :)

Screenshots:

post-969101-0-84897100-1360976213_thumb.post-969101-0-45757000-1360976216_thumb.post-969101-0-43306200-1360976218_thumb.post-969101-0-35435900-1360976220_thumb.post-969101-0-40173600-1360976222_thumb.post-969101-0-08209100-1360976224_thumb.post-969101-0-98691200-1360976225_thumb.

Unfortunately I can't do a logcat now, but I can do it tomorrow if you wish. Thanks again for the great work razzmataz1478.

Edited by kyan31

Guest razzmataz1478

Yeah, with PA settings, as above. The permissions in the zip go a bit weird, so you'll need to change them yourself for now to 644.

su

busybox mount -o remount,rw /system

chmod 644 /system/app/ParanoidPreferences.apk

busybox mount -o remount,ro /system

And a reboot should get you PAPrefs :D

Or use a file manager :P

Guest razzmataz1478

Yes I could...but the PA team didn't want PAPrefs to be implemented straight into PAC, so we have to have a flashable zip. Similar to the way that Google makes us flash GAPPS.

Guest razzmataz1478

Yes, it is PA with all the PA features enabled from the start, I don't see the difference between that ROM and yours in a matter of PA Settings.

PAC has basically 'borrowed' PA's hybrid settings etc with no modifications or anything and chucked it straight into their ROM. PAC and ParanoidAndroid are totally unaffiliated, and because PAPrefs is ParanoidAndroid's work, they can choose whether it gets included in PAC or not.

It looks like PAPrefs will be included in 4.2 though.

Guest razzmataz1478

I made a thread on HTCMania about this ROM. I hope that's okay. I made it VERY clear that I did not make the ROM, razzmataz1478 made it.

Yeah that's fine, I actually already have an account on there because I have this same ROM+CWM posted there in the ZTE Skate forum.

Guest sashko69

PAC has basically 'borrowed' PA's hybrid settings etc with no modifications or anything and chucked it straight into their ROM. PAC and ParanoidAndroid are totally unaffiliated, and because PAPrefs is ParanoidAndroid's work, they can choose whether it gets included in PAC or not.

It looks like PAPrefs will be included in 4.2 though.

A little too complicated, but OK. Any news about backlight in sleep mode, it's much more important?

Yeah that's fine, I actually already have an account on there because I have this same ROM+CWM posted there in the ZTE Skate forum.

Cool, thanks.

P.s I can probably do that logcat later today, probably 07.00 PM GMT.

Edited by kyan31

Guest razzmataz1478
4.2.2 is coming out very soon for the G300. Are you going to base PAC on that?

I could bring out 4.2.2 out for the G300 before Daz if I wanted to. But I'm not going to out of respect because I'm using his device config etc

And it's based on whatever's in Dazzozo's repos and the P, A, C, and PAC repos at the time of when I enter into my terminal 'repo sync'.

So, it's using Dazzozo's device configs but it's not based on his ROM as a whole.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest motionat

This is my first post. I really like this rom. It performance is amazing for CM10. The games run smoothly and its quite responsive.

I noticed that when i do a speed test on a 3g connection, it seems to cap on 2000Kbp and cannot go any higher.

Other than that, this is a great rom. Thanks!

Guest razzmataz1478
This is my first post. I really like this rom. It performance is amazing for CM10. The games run smoothly and its quite responsive.

I noticed that when i do a speed test on a 3g connection, it seems to cap on 2000Kbp and cannot go any higher.

Other than that, this is a great rom. Thanks!

The performance shouldn't really differ between this an CM10.

I have no idea about the data speeds as I don't have a G300..

And you're welcome.

I do agree with motionat. This ROM is really good, and will definitely have a lot of potential once the bugs are fixed.

P.s Sorry I couldn't do the logcat. I've been very busy :unsure: