[Tweak] Supreme Trilogy Script

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

We've been discussing this on the Slim rom thread, this script makes a noticeable improvement to performance and battery life.

You need to init.d enable your ROM - an easy way is to use "Pimp My Rom" app from play to check/enable it, then uninstall the app from your phone.

This should work on stock ICS based roms - certainly works for me! Don't ask me any questions, I'm just providing the link!

Link to Supreme Trilogy thread on XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1928200

Guest unaszplodrmann

It will impact boot times, that's for sure. I'm quite surprised that the "SD speed tweak" still does the rounds, but then again, what has the opinion of senior kernel devs - or indeed that of the guy who created the thing - have to do with anything?

Guest TangerineTractor

Doesn't noticeably impact my boot time, and even if it did, how often do you need to reboot? Surely that's irrelevant if it improves responsiveness, battery life and performance?

Edited by TangerineTractor

We've been discussing this on the Slim rom thread, this script makes a noticeable improvement to performance and battery life.

You need to init.d enable your ROM - an easy way is to use "Pimp My Rom" app from play to check/enable it, then uninstall the app from your phone.

This should work on stock ICS based roms - certainly works for me! Don't ask me any questions, I'm just providing the link!

Link to Supreme Trilogy thread on XDA.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1928200

i have installed the supreme script but why would i need init.d? i have not installed 'pimp my rom'?

Guest TangerineTractor

i have installed the supreme script but why would i need init.d? i have not installed 'pimp my rom'?

Possibly doesn't. The init.d support was originally required for the supercharger script. Doesn't do any harm though.Also some roms already have init.d support.

Possibly doesn't. The init.d support was originally required for the supercharger script. Doesn't do any harm though.Also some roms already have init.d support.

should i install again but with pimp my rom way, it dosnt mention on xda that you have to do it, just says flash in cwm.

Guest TangerineTractor

should i install again but with pimp my rom way, it dosnt mention on xda that you have to do it, just says flash in cwm.

I dunno. I just followed the instructions in the XDA thread. It doesn't mention init.d, so don't worry about it.

Guest Timbones

Fu I tried installing this on Stock+ with Paul's new #15 kernel, but had some trouble getting it to install and couldn't see any of the new files.

I think the "mount /system" command was failing, so I manually mounted that partition before installing it. Then it installed okay*.

I've also had a rummage through the init.d files to see what it was up to:

06removecache doesn't run at all. Fix by removing first 2 characters (dot and space).

Battery is redundant, as it does the same thing in MramLlag and sysctl.conf. Does no harm though.

LoopySmoothness is configured for a specific launcher, so you may want to edit USER_LAUNCHER to match your own. I'm not convinced it actually works, however.

S98CFS does appear to drop the caches, but I'm not sure I see the benefit on a freshly booted device. Some claim it actually harms performance.

Speedy has a few trivial errors which can be ignored. There's some overlap with sysctl.conf, but that shouldn't matter.

sysctl_tweaks is totally bogus, and the config file is in the wrong format. The easiest fix is to copy the contents from /system/etc/sysctl.conf.

Zram will enable a swap partition in memory, if your kernel supports it. Type 'free' in the console, or get a suitable app to see it in action.

The other scripts seem okay, but I'll have to use the phone for a while longer to see if there are any benefits/problems...

:)

Edit: *this was with CWM 6.0.1.9

PS: I appreciate this isn't the developer thread, but that's information I discovered.

Edited by Timbones

Guest bladebuddy

I was tinkering on the same rom as TT when he installed this. I installed the v1 update I think TT installed the v3 version. Straight after flashing the difference in speed was very noticeable to me. Now I haven't delved into the workings of this mod as I don't have to as its faster, at least on the slim rom.

I must also add I also ran with /v6 super , /seeder , /a few tweeks on pimp my rom. But the most noticeable was this tweek. Still on this rom and its flying. If it does nothing then ignorance is bliss.

Guest TangerineTractor

I was tinkering on the same rom as TT when he installed this. I installed the v1 update I think TT installed the v3 version. Straight after flashing the difference in speed was very noticeable to me. Now I haven't delved into the workings of this mod as I don't have to as its faster, at least on the slim rom.

I must also add I also ran with /v6 super , /seeder , /a few tweeks on pimp my rom. But the most noticeable was this tweek. Still on this rom and its flying. If it does nothing then ignorance is bliss.

Agreed. This script on slim is the fastest I've ever had my phone without a doubt. It didn't seem to have as much effect on stock 960 or stock+960.

Guest Timbones

I found that after applying the script to (old) Stock+ it became really slow and sluggish. Free memory was right down.

I disabled Zram (which I didn't really want anyway) and now it's really flying. This is with the two fixes I documented above. Battery life seems much better too. :)

Hoping to upgrade to new Stock+ this weekend, and manually apply the fixes from this script and also compare them against SuperCharger.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Doesn't noticeably impact my boot time, and even if it did, how often do you need to reboot? Surely that's irrelevant if it improves responsiveness, battery life and performance?

I've not read every script in that package - I can't be bothered - but I do know that daft stuff like automatic re-zip-aligning, clearing the cache and forced dexopt are not worth any impact to the boot time, whatsoever. Thats purely a negative tradeoff.

• 2 months later...
Guest snowbord

I might just do that. Need to do some more tweaks and testing first...

Any update on the upload of the updated script?

• 7 months later...