[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest rikard0__

Hello ppl its possible instal the electra keyboard and flashlight in this ROM!? mi phone looks awesome with this rom but i like some things in electra!:/ can i instal what i like in other rom in this Stock+ Rom!?

thanks a lot lovly work.. ;)

PEACE

Guest Feahnor

I get easily 2 days with stock+ with 4+ hours of screen time (being using ouch kernel v1.4)

Probably there's a rogue app that drains your battery. Try a clean install with full wipes and see if your battery drains that fast (don't install your apps after the clean install to see how's your battery.)

I've realized that this only happens when using 3G. I've been using the phone at home with wifi always on and the battery has last two days, so it's the 3G that's being problematic.

Guest doveman

I've realized that this only happens when using 3G. I've been using the phone at home with wifi always on and the battery has last two days, so it's the 3G that's being problematic.

That's funny as I've been led to believe it's WiFi that drains the battery, more than 2G if not 3G anyway and I've been thinking about paying for a data plan so that I can leave WiFi switched off at home!

I think I only get about 1 day with WiFi on.

Guest Feahnor

That's what i don't understand. I always got almost two days of battery using wifi, but the moment I turn the 3G on it drains very very fast. Maybe there is a bug with the radio, i don't know.

Guest cashmerecardi

That's funny as I've been led to believe it's WiFi that drains the battery, more than 2G if not 3G anyway and I've been thinking about paying for a data plan so that I can leave WiFi switched off at home!

I think I only get about 1 day with WiFi on.

Try putting the "Better WiFi on/off" app on your phone. It has extended my battery life loads.

Guest cashmerecardi

Weird problem this morning. Got up to find battery nearly depleted as my screen had been on all night displaying something like "You have not backed up your data for x. Back up now?" (Can't remember exact words).

I have all back up and synch turned off in settings. Can I stop this from happening again? Why does this message disable sleep? Is it a bug?

Guest doveman

I keep having problems where I can't open the phone/phonebook and it just dumps me back to the Home screen. I find everything very unresponsive and it takes a second or two for menus to open or respond to input. Today I checked and still had 95MB free. I seem to have fixed the problem by killing CIPSimple now but I'm not sure why that would prevent accessing the phonebook, as that's normally only presented as a choice after I've chosen a number to dial.

Actually that wasn't the cause as it just happened again with it not running. It's a lot better as it was impossible to open at all before and now only happens occasionally but it suggests that the issue is lack of resources or something rather than CIPSimple specifically. I tend to find rebooting gets it working normally again but obviously it's unacceptable when I need to make a call to find I have to reboot first!

Probably unrelated but I often see things like Maps (I have two instances of this running for some reason) say Restarting when I look at Running Apps.

Guest stanik

after install huawei toggles zip. i got them till i reboot now they gone back to CM toggles

and on CM data light sticks lighted up even if the data is off in settings

Anyone now how to get huawei toggles to stay??

Guest stevan930

I have only this small problem with rom its very quiet sound in my microfone..With other roms i didnt have this problen i didnt have compains that people dont hear me.

Can someone help because this definitely my favourite rom.Thanks a lot Cyda.

Guest Caskarut

Is it normal that my phone is laggy after booting and turning on wifi?

When do you experience lags?

Edited by Caskarut

Guest mnirun

I keep having problems where I can't open the phone/phonebook and it just dumps me back to the Home screen. I find everything very unresponsive and it takes a second or two for menus to open or respond to input. Today I checked and still had 95MB free. I seem to have fixed the problem by killing CIPSimple now but I'm not sure why that would prevent accessing the phonebook, as that's normally only presented as a choice after I've chosen a number to dial.

I've found this issue before, to permanent fix you need to flash this [MOD] FIX THE CALLER ID LAG [updated]

Guest doveman

I thought I'd installed that buI maybe I reinstalled the ROM or reverted to an earlier backup since then.

However, it says in that thread that the mod is actually CAUSING contacts to FC, so I'm not sure it's a fix for that problem.

Are you using the version in the first post or cjcandrei's on p3?

Guest Feahnor

I'm using last stock+ and Touch Recovery v.6.0.2.1. If I make a backup with it will it also backup my 2GB internal partition data?. I'm using link2sd to install all my apps there.

Guest mnirun

I thought I'd installed that buI maybe I reinstalled the ROM or reverted to an earlier backup since then.

However, it says in that thread that the mod is actually CAUSING contacts to FC, so I'm not sure it's a fix for that problem.

Are you using the version in the first post or cjcandrei's on p3?

I use file from 1st post, no contact FC for sure

I'm using last stock+ and Touch Recovery v.6.0.2.1. If I make a backup with it will it also backup my 2GB internal partition data?. I'm using link2sd to install all my apps there.

There are settings in that recovery version to enable backing up the internal partition but it is not enabled by default. I can't remember exactly which settings because it's a long time since I used CWM, I used TWRP as I find it miles better.

Edited by Cyda

Weird problem this morning. Got up to find battery nearly depleted as my screen had been on all night displaying something like "You have not backed up your data for x. Back up now?" (Can't remember exact words).

I have all back up and synch turned off in settings. Can I stop this from happening again? Why does this message disable sleep? Is it a bug?

There is likely an app or something you have installed that is creating this message because I don't recall seeing it in all the time I used Stock+ and I have not seen it mentioned before. I'd check through the installed app or try to grab a screenshot of the message and post it here so we can try to work out the cause.

Is it normal that my phone is laggy after booting and turning on wifi?

After booting the phone will normally be doing quite a lot in the background and it will also run the media scanner service, both of which can cause the phone to feel laggy. Also, when you enable wifi after it has been disabled for a while the phone starts to sync and check for app updates etc which again can cause the phone to lag a bit.

So in short - yes, it is normal for this phone (i.e. an entry level single core device) to lag at these times.

Edited by Cyda

Guest cashmerecardi

There is likely an app or something you have installed that is creating this message because I don't recall seeing it in all the time I used Stock+ and I have not seen it mentioned before. I'd check through the installed app or try to grab a screenshot of the message and post it here so we can try to work out the cause.

Thanks Cyda.

So it's the Huawei "All Backup" app, which looks to have come bundled with stock+ (?? At least, I didn't install it individually so don't know how else it got there.) Is there a quick and easy way to uninstall or do I need a special app to do it? It's bugging the hell out of me!

Edited by cashmerecardi

Thanks Cyda.

So it's the Huawei "All Backup" app, which looks to have come bundled with stock+ (?? At least, I didn't install it individually so don't know how else it got there.) Is there a quick and easy way to uninstall or do I need a special app to do it? It's bugging the hell out of me!

That's weird, I wonder if it only starts this 'you must backup' countdown after being used the first time because I've never seen that message even though All backup has been included with almost all version of Stock+. Anyway, how to fix it... Download Link2SD from here: https://play.google....om.buak.Link2SD Once you have it installed open it and find All backup on the app list then longpress on it, a menu will appear, select freeze. This will freeze the app and stop it running so you don't get any more messages. If you ever decide you wish to use it do the same again but select unfreeze.

Titanium Backup will uninstall it

Or you can do this ^^

Although I am not sure if the free version will uninstall apps, it used to be only the paid version that could uninstall but then I haven't used TB for ages so it could have changed.

Edited by Cyda

Guest hasjee

On the op you say to set I/O to noop in no-fringe cpu controle. But on xda in your op you say to put it on sio. Which one is correct?

The post on xda hasn't been updated for a while. I used to always recommend sio but noop seems the better choice on the G300. I doubt you will see that much difference either way though in truth.

Edited by Cyda