[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

.... Google Maps and Co Pilot had me about 30-40 mtrs to the left of where I was

Is anyone else having any issues, or is it just me?

Yes, I had this problem over the weekend, and so did my wife. We're both running Stock+. It's difficult to track down because a reboot or a Maps restart often fixes the problem, only for it to come back later.

Guest Andymac1969

Yes, I had this problem over the weekend, and so did my wife. We're both running Stock+. It's difficult to track down because a reboot or a Maps restart often fixes the problem, only for it to come back later.

Good to know it's not just me then, just installed CM 10.1 to see if that is any better

Andrew

Guest vts_free

I'm on R6 since a couple of weeks ago, and it's fast, smooth. Great work Cyda.

BTW Anybody can help me? How can i record my calls? I know Infusion has built-in call recorder, also I read somewhere the kernel needs a patch. I would like to stay on Stock+ R6. Pls...

Guest Andymac1969

I'm on R6 since a couple of weeks ago, and it's fast, smooth. Great work Cyda.

BTW Anybody can help me? How can i record my calls? I know Infusion has built-in call recorder, also I read somewhere the kernel needs a patch. I would like to stay on Stock+ R6. Pls...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=polis.app.callrecorder

Works a treat

Andrew

Guest Andymac1969

OK, i'll try it, thanks. Is it working for you on Stock+?

Yes it is, it automatically records all incoming/out going calls

Andrew

Guest fr0do

There's a build.prop modification you can do to turn on the inbuilt call recorder too. IMO the quality of the recordings is better than 3rd party apps.

Guest vts_free

There's a build.prop modification you can do to turn on the inbuilt call recorder too. IMO the quality of the recordings is better than 3rd party apps.

Oh. I see. This sounds even better. Could you give me some hint, where should I search for details about this build.prop mod? Thanks again.

Guest fr0do

Get an editor and change ro.config.hw_voicerecord from false to true. Make sure it's saved and then reboot. To record a call, press menu > record. The save location is displayed when you end the recording.

Guest vts_free

Get an editor and change ro.config.hw_voicerecord from false to true. Make sure it's saved and then reboot. To record a call, press menu > record. The save location is displayed when you end the recording.

Thank you very much. G300 - best community.

Guest cashmerecardi

Hey. I installed Stock+ today - my first custom flash and no problems thanks to all the great support on this forum :)

However -- I don't appear to have the NoFrills-CPU app that Cyda says comes with Stock+. Any ideas why this might be? Is the missing app the same as the No-frills CPU Control app by Sineo in the Play Store? In which case I can just install that, right?

Thanks

Hey. I installed Stock+ today - my first custom flash and no problems thanks to all the great support on this forum :)

However -- I don't appear to have the NoFrills-CPU app that Cyda says comes with Stock+. Any ideas why this might be? Is the missing app the same as the No-frills CPU Control app by Sineo in the Play Store? In which case I can just install that, right?

Thanks

Yes, it is the same app but if the app is not there after install it sounds like the install wasn't right so I'd be tempted to re-flash. If you follow the steps exactly as listed in the first post then everything should be good.

Is it normal that I can't use Instagram app even without advanced camera? How can I solve this? Thank you

I've never used that app so I am not sure if it works or not with this rom, sorry. I'm sure one of the other users will be able to advise if it works for them or not.

OT: I've now switched over to my new Nexus 4 and man this thing is sweet, fast as hell and the screen is soooo nice. I must admit though, I actually prefer the G300's internal speaker (which I used a lot) as the nexus' seems a lot tinnier. But apart that, phew what a device. ;)

post-923750-0-37989100-1365106666_thumb.post-923750-0-44364700-1365106667_thumb.

On a more related note, the wife is loving the G300 and Stock+ :P

Edited by Cyda

Guest cashmerecardi

Thanks Cyda for the personal response. (Very envious of the Nexus 4....)

Yes, it is the same app but if the app is not there after install it sounds like the install wasn't right so I'd be tempted to re-flash. If you follow the steps exactly as listed in the first post then everything should be good.

Hmm, so being a completely newbie, I have attempted to re-flash but accidentally omitted the factory reset step. It appeared to do an 'update' instead, but it found plenty of stuff to do and No-frills CPU is now on my phone (and possibly a couple of other apps that were missing before? Not quite sure). Everything appears to be working fine. So I guess I'm OK to carry one without re-flashing the whole shebang?

(Just want to say I think this community is awesome, especially the developers, thank you so much.)

Thanks Cyda for the personal response. (Very envious of the Nexus 4....)

Hmm, so being a completely newbie, I have attempted to re-flash but accidentally omitted the factory reset step. It appeared to do an 'update' instead, but it found plenty of stuff to do and No-frills CPU is now on my phone (and possibly a couple of other apps that were missing before? Not quite sure). Everything appears to be working fine. So I guess I'm OK to carry one without re-flashing the whole shebang?

(Just want to say I think this community is awesome, especially the developers, thank you so much.)

Yeah, a simple re-flash will work just as well. As long as the app is now there then all should be fine.

Many thanks for the donation too. :)

Guest dalyer

Sorry for my newbie question, but fixes this rom the 2G/3G random reboots? I'm currently with CM 10.1 and I have signal and reboot problems.

Thx

No - you need to look elsewhere for possible fixes for the 3G reboot problem but even now I'm not sure that there is a one size fits all fix...

E.g.:

Guest bladebuddy

No - you need to look elsewhere for possible fixes for the 3G reboot problem but even now I'm not sure that there is a one size fits all fix...

E.g.:

Is there any come back from members that have had the bootloader officially unlocked by Huawei , about the state of play regarding random reboots and loss of signal e.t.c. Would be good to know for all members.

Guest irishpancake

I've never used that app so I am not sure if it works or not with this rom, sorry. I'm sure one of the other users will be able to advise if it works for them or not.

OT: I've now switched over to my new Nexus 4 and man this thing is sweet, fast as hell and the screen is soooo nice. I must admit though, I actually prefer the G300's internal speaker (which I used a lot) as the nexus' seems a lot tinnier. But apart that, phew what a device. ;)

post-923750-0-37989100-1365106666_thumb.post-923750-0-44364700-1365106667_thumb.

On a more related note, the wife is loving the G300 and Stock+ :P

Cheers.... good luck with the Nexus....nothing like a new boys toy!!!

My wife luvs the G300 with Stock+ 6 too.... Must be a girl thing :D

So much so that I can't get it to try other stuff....

"Don't touch my phone, I like it just the way it is!!!!" :P

That my friend is as good as it gets....thank you for everything and putting up with noobiness with good grace.

TG I have S3...but afraid really to do too much, due to price!!

I will buy you a beer as soon as the pension gets paid.

EDIT: Done Transaction ID #1WY73615HD687322F

Edited by irishpancake

G300 Speaker is pants so this must be REALLY bad, Nexus 4 it is'nt then. Must save more for HTC One, or ditch these dog s*** android phones and use old school SE Walkman phones with proper speakers :D

G300 Speaker is pants so this must be REALLY bad, Nexus 4 it is'nt then. Must save more for HTC One, or ditch these dog s*** android phones and use old school SE Walkman phones with proper speakers :D

I actually resolved this via a new kernel and this app: https://play.google....XhzcGVha2VyIl0.

Now the nexus' speaker sounds far better than the G300, so much so that I am not quite sure how they made it sound so bad on stock rom & kernel. That said though, regardless of the audio via the internal speaker, once you plug some decent headphones in the story is very different. As soon as I plugged in my sennheiser's I was blown away by how well it sounds and spent a hour & half just flicking through tunes and messing with Poweramp's EQ. I can't fault it at all TBH, I'd buy the phone again in a instant.

Edited by Cyda

Guest dalyer

Is there any come back from members that have had the bootloader officially unlocked by Huawei , about the state of play regarding random reboots and loss of signal e.t.c. Would be good to know for all members.

Haven't been following the forum closely for a couple of weeks but has this actually happened - i.e. some people have managed to get Huawei to officially unlock the ICS bootloader?!?

Sorry - RTFF! :blush:

Edited by dalyer