[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest predragiPredrag

Hi guys,

is this rom stable enough to use it every day?

I´m searching for a stable and fast rom for my girlfriend.

Besides GB roms, STOCK+ nad INFUSION are the two most stable ICS roms. They are basically modified factory roms, so there are no bugs ;)

Guest predragiPredrag

Thanks.

Will be there another update to r7 or is r6 the end? ))

I assume that it is last update, because there will be no more updates from Huawei, and every effort of developers is on CM roms :)

Guest rusak2

Hi,

I have a question.

My IMEI is 0 because I couldn't install any other stock rom as b926. With "0" I moved to b952 and everything works fine. Now I would like to install this rom. Should I install my IMEI backup before the flashing or leave it as it is?

Guest shweeney

That rocket player is not brilliant either. I get sound glitches if I do anything else while playing music and if I'm in the car on the move

Uninstall it then. I left it as a normal user app so it can be uninstalled in a click if you don't like it. That said, I have never once heard any sound glitches from it.

sorry to be returning to this old topic, but I'm also having the same issue.

Any time I'm listening to music (using Spotify or Google Music) and I do anything else with the screen (but in particular scrolling through the "Recent Apps" and pulling down the notifications screen) the music skips/glitches.

Its annoying because otherwise I really like Stock+ - its stable, and the battery life is good (I was previously using Cm10.1) but listening to music is the main thing I do with the phone. I've played around with NoFrillsCPU, & installed Greenify but it hasn't made any difference.

Guest Cyda

sorry to be returning to this old topic, but I'm also having the same issue.

Any time I'm listening to music (using Spotify or Google Music) and I do anything else with the screen (but in particular scrolling through the "Recent Apps" and pulling down the notifications screen) the music skips/glitches.

Its annoying because otherwise I really like Stock+ - its stable, and the battery life is good (I was previously using Cm10.1) but listening to music is the main thing I do with the phone. I've played around with NoFrillsCPU, & installed Greenify but it hasn't made any difference.

Can't help really I'm afraid. I used my G300 every day to play tunes and never once had any issues. My main player is always Poweramp but I never had any issues with Rocket player either. The weird thing is my two mates that have G300s both use theirs daily for listening to tunes and neither have mentioned any issues of this kind, and I'm sure they would 'cause they bug the crap out of me for the smallest phone/rom related issue.

Guest doveman

I keep having problems with GPS, like yesterday when I was out in Central London and it was unable to find my location every time I tried over several hours.

Also, is there any way to make a WiFi profile have priority/favourite as I often find that it's connected to a BTWifi-with-FON hotspot rather than my router and then my e-mail doesn't work until I notice and manually switch it to my router?

Guest smweb

I keep having problems with GPS, like yesterday when I was out in Central London and it was unable to find my location every time I tried over several hours.

Also, is there any way to make a WiFi profile have priority/favourite as I often find that it's connected to a BTWifi-with-FON hotspot rather than my router and then my e-mail doesn't work until I notice and manually switch it to my router?

Try this for a GPS fix: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Double.FasterFix&hl=en

Guest doveman

Try this for a GPS fix: https://play.google....FasterFix&hl=en

Thanks but it says "

This app enhances your GPS by using a more accurate time estimation from a NTP server near you" so I assume it needs to use 2G/3G for that, which I don't use as it costs me 60p/MB! I'm not sure why it would need a more accurate time than it can get from the phone's clock anyway.

Edited by doveman

Guest predragiPredrag

Thanks but it says "

This app enhances your GPS by using a more accurate time estimation from a NTP server near you" so I assume it needs to use 2G/3G for that, which I don't use as it costs me 60p/MB! I'm not sure why it would need a more accurate time than it can get from the phone's clock anyway.

It allows you to change GPS server. Usually CM based roms on some phones have American server as default, so you will have to

change that to Europe, so you could use GPS in England.

Guest doveman

It allows you to change GPS server. Usually CM based roms on some phones have American server as default, so you will have to

change that to Europe, so you could use GPS in England.

OK, thanks I'll try it then.

Guest Timbones

Thanks but it says "

Yes, FasterFix (or FasterGPS) lets you use a closer NTP server so you can get a more accurate time (to the millisecond). This helps the phone determine its location more quickly. Not much use though without Internet access though.

AGPS (aka Quick GPS) is a stock feature that also helps getting first fix. When enabled, your phone will download the positions of all the satellites to make them quicker to locate. Again, this requires active data connection, but you only need to download this 'almanac' once per day.

So, try starting up your GPS while in range of some WiFi. Get 'GPS Status' app for additional diagnostics, and 'ClockSync' to keep you phone's clock accurate (requires root).

Speaking of WiFi, get the official 'BT WiFi' app. It will a) log you in automatically, and B) give your other networks higher priority.

Guest rusak2

Hi. What are the default governor and scheduler settings for the CPU? I relocked my bootloader and want to set up the default settings in nofrills CPU APP.

Guest predragiPredrag

Hi. What are the default governor and scheduler settings for the CPU? I relocked my bootloader and want to set up the default settings in nofrills CPU APP.

I think it is ondemand and sio.

Guest doveman

Yes, FasterFix (or FasterGPS) lets you use a closer NTP server so you can get a more accurate time (to the millisecond). This helps the phone determine its location more quickly. Not much use though without Internet access though.

AGPS (aka Quick GPS) is a stock feature that also helps getting first fix. When enabled, your phone will download the positions of all the satellites to make them quicker to locate. Again, this requires active data connection, but you only need to download this 'almanac' once per day.

So, try starting up your GPS while in range of some WiFi. Get 'GPS Status' app for additional diagnostics, and 'ClockSync' to keep you phone's clock accurate (requires root).

Speaking of WiFi, get the official 'BT WiFi' app. It will a) log you in automatically, and B) give your other networks higher priority.

Thanks. It was already using the European ntp server but no harm in checking ;) When I go to enable Quick GPS it asks me to allow it to use XTRA data and that I may be charge data traffic fees. As I only have WiFi enabled and not data, I guess it shouldn't be able to use any chargable traffic but it makes me a bit nervous nonetheless and so far I've always declined.

I just managed to get a fix using GPS Status by holding the phone by my window but then I installed ClockSync and I can't get a fix anymore. I'll try again when I'm outside.

I was already using the BT WiFI app but it was still sometimes connecting to a FON hotspot rather than my router. I found it had a setting to give priority to my networks but it was already enabled and didn't seem to work properly. The other day the app updated and this option is nowhere to be found anymore, so maybe they made it the default and unchangeable. It has a nasty habit when my router's not available of connecting to the nearby FON hotspot and beeping/vibrating to let me know but I guess it must keep losing the connection and reconnecting as it does this repeatedly every 5mins or so. I guess I could turn off the beep/vibrate but I rather want to know when I'm out and about if my phone is connecting to a hotspot ;)

Guest exerullz

this may sound weird but.. how to actually uninstall it? i want to sell my phone, i unrooted the phone but the stock is the same, i want to put the original ics stock back

Guest predragiPredrag

Download official Huawei B952 international rom and folow instructions in .zip file.

That will restore your phone to factory ICS and locked bootloader ;)

Guest Wagster

Hi,

I'm new to the G300. I've rooted and installed the latest Stock+ ROM but my phone is sluggish and struggles to run apps such as Facebook or Dolphin browser.

Sometimes it works fine, really nippy. But most of the time I will click to load an app and the phone waits with a white screen for 10 seconds before saying the app isn't responding and kicking me back to the home page. If I try the same app again sometimes it repeats that process and sometimes it will load properly. It happens with Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Dolphin, GMail and various games.

Also sometimes when in an app when I click the home button it'll pause 10 seconds and then take me to the running app selection screen (as if I held the Home button for a few seconds) rather than straight back to the home screen.

I thought it might be a RAM issue but searching on this thread I read that low RAM isn't an issue. But if I look at the Settings>Applications>running apps screen I currently have 300MB RAM used and 80MB RAM remaining = total 380MB. I thought the phone has 512MB?

Is this sluggishness normal for the G300? If not any idea how to fix it?!

I have set the phone up as advised in the opening post i.e. "App drawer > No-Frills CPU > Set Governor to SmartassV2, set I/O scheduler to noop and for nice performance boost set the Max clock frequency to 1.152Ghz."

I'm running the Go Launcher if that makes a difference. I liked the Go Launcher on my old, now dead, Atrix 4G.

Many thanks

Wag

Edited by Wagster

Guest Colossae3.23

Hi,

I'm new to the G300. I've rooted and installed the latest Stock+ ROM but my phone is sluggish and struggles to run apps such as Facebook or Dolphin browser.

Sometimes it works fine, really nippy. But most of the time I will click to load an app and the phone waits with a white screen for 10 seconds before saying the app isn't responding and kicking me back to the home page. If I try the same app again sometimes it repeats that process and sometimes it will load properly. It happens with Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Dolphin, GMail and various games.

Also sometimes when in an app when I click the home button it'll pause 10 seconds and then take me to the running app selection screen (as if I held the Home button for a few seconds) rather than straight back to the home screen.

I thought it might be a RAM issue but searching on this thread I read that low RAM isn't an issue. But if I look at the Settings>Applications>running apps screen I currently have 300MB RAM used and 80MB RAM remaining = total 380MB. I thought the phone has 512MB?

Is this sluggishness normal for the G300? If not any idea how to fix it?!

I have set the phone up as advised in the opening post i.e. "App drawer > No-Frills CPU > Set Governor to SmartassV2, set I/O scheduler to noop and for nice performance boost set the Max clock frequency to 1.152Ghz."

I'm running the Go Launcher if that makes a difference. I liked the Go Launcher on my old, now dead, Atrix 4G.

Many thanks

Wag

hmmm.. that doesn't sound right. Did you do a clean install, with all the wipes? I've been using this rom for months and it's quite good. I am using the link2sd add on, but that would only make difference if you have loads of apps on the internal memory. I don't know what Go Launcher is like on this, but Nova is cracking on here, but I've moved from the to Launcher8 about a month ago, and I like it best. But, Nova is probably the fastest.

Guest Wagster

Thanks. I've gone back to stock launcher and it's a little better speed wise but I don't like the features!! I'll try Nova and Launcher8. I did manage to freak out the stock launcher though but it took a lot more effort than Go Launcher!

Could someone do me a favour please and quickly check their RAM situation? Settings>Applications>Running then add the used and free RAM. Mine still totals around 380MB and I don't know if that's normal!

I did full wipe etc when I flashed the ROM. If others have more RAM than me I'll try wiping and reflashing.

Thanks all.