[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest doveman

My phone seems to have got into a bit of a mess and is vibrating about 5-6 times on incoming calls before it starts ringing, by which time it only rings once or twice before going to voicemail, so I keep missing calls as I don't hear them. Anyone know how to fix this please?

Guest Feahnor

My phone seems to have got into a bit of a mess and is vibrating about 5-6 times on incoming calls before it starts ringing, by which time it only rings once or twice before going to voicemail, so I keep missing calls as I don't hear them. Anyone know how to fix this please?

I had this bug too. I had to change rom to fix it.

Guest worg3

Well, is there anyway to get the volume expandable menu? I really want it, because you can only change the media volume when it's actually using it. And that's a pain.

Guest doveman

I switched to Slim.

Thanks, I'll look at that.

On another matter, I bought a data bundle and tried leaving the phone on 2G all day instead of Wi-Fi as I understood that would use less battery but I didn't find it any better, going from full to 17% in 24hrs.

Guest Feahnor

I don't know why, but wifi in this device is what uses less battery. I can get my phone from 100% to 50 in 6 hours of mild use, but if I use only wifi (always on) it lasts for almost two days.

Guest doveman

I don't know why, but wifi in this device is what uses less battery. I can get my phone from 100% to 50 in 6 hours of mild use, but if I use only wifi (always on) it lasts for almost two days.

Thanks, that seems to be about what I find so glad it's not just me ;)

Guest Tosty55

Spelling mistake in the first line...

" This is a custom ROM for the Huawei Ascent G300 based on official ICS 4.0.3 B960."

Ascend is spelled wrong.

P.S. Been reading about this ROM and have decided to use it, looks great and have heard great feedback!

Guest Tosty55

Sorry guy, won't be using this ROM after all, not because I hate it, but because I can't get it to install!

CWM keeps saying installation aborted and something about the .zip file being 'bad' ?

Unless anyone can help me resolve this issue, I'm afraid I have to say goodbye to good 'ol Stock+

Guest kyan31
Sorry guy, won't be using this ROM after all, not because I hate it, but because I can't get it to install!

CWM keeps saying installation aborted and something about the .zip file being 'bad' ?

Unless anyone can help me resolve this issue, I'm afraid I have to say goodbye to good 'ol Stock+

Try downloading the zip again, and make sure the MD5 matches correctly. If your still having problems, try another recovery e.g. TWRP.

Guest Tosty55

Try downloading the zip again, and make sure the MD5 matches correctly. If your still having problems, try another recovery e.g. TWRP.

MD5? Whats MD5?, I do apologize, I don't know quite that much about this kind of stuff, yet.

Guest kyan31

MD5? Whats MD5?, I do apologize, I don't know quite that much about this kind of stuff, yet.

Its just a unique code for a file. To find out the MD5, put the ROM on your SD card and using Es File Explorer, show the MD5. If it matches with the MD5 on the first post, the zip is fine.

Guest jugoslav

till now everything is great

1. is there any solution for disappearing contact widgets after restart, this happens with stock B960, but not with B952?

2. i installed almost all addons.

turned off animations in developer options.

is there something else i could do to get better, faster, more stable rom (tweaks, settings, ...)?

thanks

Edited by jugoslav

Guest Tosty55

Any way of removing or switching off the little battery indicator bar at the top of my screen?

Edited by Tosty55

Guest Pain_Deluxe

@ Cyda.

you could ad these to your build.prop (more smoothness scrolling (from infusion rom)

i test it and it works fine.

persist.sys.scrollingcache=3

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=90

Guest Cyda

@ Cyda.

you could ad these to your build.prop (more smoothness scrolling (from infusion rom)

i test it and it works fine.

persist.sys.scrollingcache=3

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=90

The rom is no longer in development, sorry. I don't own a G300 any more. But thanks for sharing the info; those who fancy it can add those lines manually if they wish to test it out.

Edited by Cyda

Guest zlod

Hey. Just installed this but I keep getting an "Unfortunately, res/drawable-hdpi/battery_low_battery.png has stopped." error. Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Getting the same error on this ROM as well as Lightning. Did you find a fix?

Edit: The phone was not SIM unlocked. I unlocked it (all the while getting these errors, which are present in Stock+ and Lightning ROM), and the error went away.

can anyone else confirm this?

thanks