[ROM] [CM10.1+AOKP+PA3] Root Box for ZTE Blade (Updated 17/9/13)

Guest zeelog

Guest hakapeszi

I too had problem w the mobile data, and the APN setting screen kept crashing. Installed the APN OnOff widget that crashed too. Then the Tweakker (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker) kicked it on the butt and finally I could use the APN settings and create one.

Something is still not right though bcoz the APN OnOff widget still crashes (who cares now) and the System started to pop up the crash report dialog :/

by the way I could change the Settings to tablet layout (2 panes) by choosing 720p layout in Hybrid settings.

A promising rom w some (very) rough edges :)

Guest oleks805

Sorry zeelog but this rom sucks :) too much reboots, settings still crushing when i turn wifi on, my statusbar didint work today (i did a reboot and it's fine now). i will back to cm 10.1 or 7. Maybe one day i'll back to this ROM :)

P.S. i know that my english sucks too :P

Guest Sulthekk

I have been using it since release WITHOUT a full wipe from PAC, and even that way it's much more stable than PAC. I don't have any of those problems with this rom.

Guest khadu

I have been using it since release WITHOUT a full wipe from PAC, and even that way it's much more stable than PAC. I don't have any of those problems with this rom.

Bullshit is what your comment sounds like.

How can you use the latest uploaded rom over the previous one without a full wipe.

PS: PAC Man Rom and Rootbox Rom are two different roms entirely.

Guest Sulthekk

Not so much, they both build on the same 3 roms, the main difference is that PAC seemingly mostly relies upon PA/Cyanogen, while Rootbox seems to base itself more on AOKP. If you turn of settings that could clash with each other or possibly wouldn't work on the other rom like PAC-in-Black, it works very well without a wipe. I had done it on my own responsibility, and there may be people who can't manage the upgrade, that's why a full wipe is still recommended for the average user.

Think it again: Both roms use code the same code parts from PA, thid component won' t be a trouble. But for example, rootbox uses AOKP alternives of the CM stuff found in PAC, and they MAY or MAY NOT cause trouble. For example, if the battery icon you have set in pac has a higher index than the largest index in rootbox for the same settings, the systemui would most probably crash, because it can't find the resource, and since it should find it all the time until it's set with the settings app, the developer has no reason to write exception handling for it.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest khadu

Not so much, they both build on the same 3 roms, the main difference is that PAC seemingly mostly relies upon PA/Cyanogen, while Rootbox seems to base itself more on AOKP. If you turn of settings that could clash with each other or possibly wouldn't work on the other rom like PAC-in-Black, it works very well without a wipe. I had done it on my own responsibility, and there may be people who can't manage the upgrade, that's why a full wipe is still recommended for the average user.

Think it again: Both roms use code the same code parts from PA, thid component won' t be a trouble. But for example, rootbox uses AOKP alternives of the CM stuff found in PAC, and they MAY or MAY NOT cause trouble. For example, if the battery icon you have set in pac has a higher index than the largest index in rootbox for the same settings, the systemui would most probably crash, because it can't find the resource, and since it should find it all the time until it's set with the settings app, the developer has no reason to write exception handling for it.

Moreover rootbox rom has it's own settings menu inside system settings which pac man rom never had.......

Guest Sulthekk

Update works fine after clearing data for contact storage, I recommend to backup PA settings before installation because I lost them during the upgrade.

Guest fight3r

Guys i just flashed the RootBox rom and everything works great and the performace is great also... I just have i trouble ... I cant get the mobile data to work ... i activated from the settings i rebooted the device just to be sure but still nothing... I made sure i havent accidentaly ticked the use only 2g network.... I am in greece and its the first rom i encountered this trouble... any input???

Guest kingpair

Guys i just flashed the RootBox rom and everything works great and the performace is great also... I just have i trouble ... I cant get the mobile data to work ... i activated from the settings i rebooted the device just to be sure but still nothing... I made sure i havent accidentaly ticked the use only 2g network.... I am in greece and its the first rom i encountered this trouble... any input???

Yup same problem here. Great ROM though.

Guest khadu

i said the the same thing before as well ..... it didn't work no matter how many times i switched mobile data on and off and reboot didn't do any benefit either ;although i have not tried the latest 12th july update, if anyone using the latest version could confirm it would be helpful .

Anyways except that this rom is great.

Edited by khadu

Guest zeelog

re anyone with mobile data problem, try this and report back pls: replace apns-conf.xml (using a root explorer under /etc folder) with this file ,remember to set appropriate permissions after replacing, reboot if necessary...

Edited by zeelog

Guest lolasher

re anyone with mobile data problem, try this and report back pls: replace apns-conf.xml (using a root explorer under /etc folder) with this file ,remember to set appropriate permissions after replacing, reboot if necessary...

Replacing file didn't make any effect. Internet started working after manually configure access point.

Guest fight3r

I did replace the file .... i tried almost all the combinations of permissions but still no luck ... any suggestions???

Guest lolasher

check the file permissions

Permision is OK, fight3r, just open that file, find your network and manually enter settings in "Access Point Names".

Guest fight3r

Permision is OK, fight3r, just open that file, find your network and manually enter settings in "Access Point Names".

thnx alot m8 ... after adding the APN manually worked like charm ... !!!!!!!!!!

And a silly question ... can someone tell me how i can modify my lockscreen to llok like the middle one on the 1st post ???? ( i am a newby went it comes to android... )

Edited by fight3r

Guest lolasher

Swipe lockscreen to the left, then place widget you want. About shortcuts on lockscreen ring... I can't find how to set up this...

Guest zeelog

nice rom. better than pac. thanks zeelog. can u incorporate the month also to appear in the status bar in the clock option?

thanks, might include it in future releases ;)

Swipe lockscreen to the left, then place widget you want. About shortcuts on lockscreen ring... I can't find how to set up this...

to create lockscreen ring shortcuts: settings > rom control > lockscreen > touch/swipe bottom part of lock ring to select targets, for lockscreen shortcuts: settings > rom control > ribbons > lockscreen ribbons - & add shortcuts (+), followed by save (icon on right under lockscreen ribbon title)

Guest fight3r

I just tried to install BSplayer ... the installation went smoothly but when i tried to install the BSPlayer ARMv6 VFP support i got an error .... I tried getting it from google play and the .apk but still the same error not letting me install it... (same thing happend with any player requiring a support installation). Any inputs???