Xolo JB probably by March 10!!!!!!!

Guest XOLO X900

Guest Xolo X900_1

I personally doubt it has anything to do with intel as regards unlocking the bootloader, it would be a carrier based descision.

Intel over the years has been very forward in open technology i.e overclocking,developmnent e.t.c, and the customer service is second to none.

So i can't see why intel would not allow it to be unlocked.

The descision would be up to orange,xolo,megafon to allow for release of the unlocking info, but i'd imagine all parties would have to agree on the descicion with regards legalities.

So without a leak of information or all three parties to allow this then we would have to hack the device.

That's why independent device manufacturer's like zte,motorola,htc e.t.c (albeit some only recently) have no quarms about what you do with the device once purchased.

You must remember that this device was never intentionally and probably never will be unlocked unless of an exploit.

Intel make the cpu's and thats it, so why on earth people think intel would unlock it is beyond me.

I've had the same doubt but according to my friend Intel says that medfield platform is still not optimised properly for Android and xolo, orange or megafone don't have control because all of us know it's a reference design anyway xolo is a pretty small company to stand up to Intel and they need Intel to keep going... Also there are " security issues " which I don't get... All I wish to get is the signing key and we can compile an unlocked kernel and then flash it... Also according to my sales friend no camera modifications... Which means we are still stuck with the stupid camera quality.... The camera sensor according to my friend is the one in s2 but Intel hasn't optimised it in ics ....

Guest glossywhite

Don't you read thoroughly??? Intel makes the rom and signs it... They give it to xolo who JUST UPLOADS THE ROM TO THERE SERVER... Xolo has devs for arm and not x86...

Also you dull creature... :P are your only friends from Facebook??? Because I have friends in the real world too... The person who said that jb is gonna be out is a sales head so I'm not sure about his information.... But the one who told me about the unlocking is the person who upload Roms onto xolo server and a person I was introduced to by Vishal Sehgal.... Co founder lava industry....

"Also you dull creature..." Eh? LOL.

It is very rude and discourteous to speak to people in the tone in which you have, especially since you are the "new kid on the block", so to speak. Regardless of how you feel about my comment, you simply have to address people in a more civil manner - you reap what you sow, and even if you were NOT new here, you'd *still* have no "right" to talk down to people - we're all the same, including you, so please - don't talk to me like that.

Right, back to being dull :)

Take care.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Xolo X900_1

"Also you dull creature..." Eh? LOL.

It is very rude and discourteous to speak to people in the tone in which you have, especially since you are the "new kid on the block", so to speak. Regardless of how you feel about my comment, you simply have to address people in a more civil manner - you reap what you sow, and even if you were NOT new here, you'd *still* have no "right" to talk down to people - we're all the same, including you, so please - don't talk to me like that.

Right, back to being dull :)

Take care.

I'm seriously sorry dude I was trying to be funny.... :-P I didn't mean any disrespect....

Guest MrPuddington

If you look at the Tagged phones at the bottom of that, it does NOT mention the X900

Tags: XOLO A800, XOLO A700, XOLO A800, XOLO Q800, XOLO X500C

Well, I am tempted to assume that this is just an omission, and they will release JB for all the Intel phones. It would be odd if the A800 gets an update, and the X900 does not.

Edited by MrPuddington

Guest glossywhite

Proof my backside, and I'm tempted to believe that they WILL omit the X900.

How about we all just wait and see, instead of dithering about in speculation and hearsay?

Guest grizzlyflea

If jb is real, and we get it. I think that I'll only upgrade if what was done to ICS can be done to this, such as the gpu mods, SD card mods and all of the countless other goodies.

Guest ASKME.CO.UK

If jb is real, and we get it. I think that I'll only upgrade if what was done to ICS can be done to this, such as the gpu mods, SD card mods and all of the countless other goodies.

IM Sorry but why did u post this at 2.03 am

Guest glossywhite

IM Sorry but why did u post this at 2.03 am

<_< ??

Why did *you* post that ^ at 20:43pm tonight? What kind of arbitrary comment is that, LOL!

I don't see the logic in that question...