[MOD] CM Style Power Toggles [ICS] [NEW MOD'S]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

No, it just doesn't do anything. I have no status bar, no FC's, and when I try to install it manually, it doesn't bug me that it is replacing a previous app meaning the systemUI never installed in the first place blink.png

Edit: However, the OG settings have installed correctly.

hmm, the fact you have no FC is a good sign... its probably just a signature problem, will take a look tomorrow

Guest tillaz

No, it just doesn't do anything. I have no status bar, no FC's, and when I try to install it manually, it doesn't bug me that it is replacing a previous app meaning the systemUI never installed in the first place blink.png

could you try doing the instructions on the OP about adding to a ROM ?

this will correct any signature issues and should make it work.

Guest kyan31

could you try doing the instructions on the OP about adding to a ROM ?

this will correct any signature issues and should make it work.

OK I'll do it in a few minutes, I'll sign it etc.

Guest kyan31

It still doesn't work even after signing, what I described before is exactly what is still happening:

Guest Merwenus

Too bad it also changes other things beside the toggles :\

For example the long-press-home window, i have no idea what is the name of it, but it contains the recent apps. :\

Guest tillaz

no status bar seems to be a known bug with the mod on some devices, if anyone can get me a logcat i will try fixing it.

From Original XDA Post

Bugs:

1- Failed to decompiling SystemUI

___ The problem from apktool

___ (Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Multiple resources)

2- SystemUI & Settings FC (Force Close) or StatusBar not shown

___ 1- Open up the command prompt

___ 2- Navigate to (folder where you extracted this app)\tools

___ 3- Type ( adb logcat -d > Logcat.txt )

___ 4- Upload Logcat.txt file

3- Failed to get ROOT access

___Copy all files that located on 'sdcard/og' to 'system/app' then reboot

Guest kyan31

no status bar seems to be a known bug with the mod on some devices, if anyone can get me a logcat i will try fixing it.

From Original XDA Post

Bugs:

1- Failed to decompiling SystemUI

___ The problem from apktool

___ (Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Multiple resources)

2- SystemUI & Settings FC (Force Close) or StatusBar not shown

___ 1- Open up the command prompt

___ 2- Navigate to (folder where you extracted this app)\tools

___ 3- Type ( adb logcat -d > Logcat.txt )

___ 4- Upload Logcat.txt file

3- Failed to get ROOT access

___Copy all files that located on 'sdcard/og' to 'system/app' then reboot

I don't think we can get a logcat as the app doesn't even seem to install on the system partition, thats why there is no statusbar or FC, and thats why it doesn't show in the 'apps' section on the G300. Usually it would be there. Maybe it's a manifest or signature issue, though I don't compile apk's from scratch so I don't know much about how they 'install' :P

Guest tillaz

are you sure its not on the system?

the systemUI.apk must of been moved to the system partition if the other app is there and displaying. :huh:

have you use a file manager app, and looked in system / app

Guest kyan31

are you sure its not on the system?

the systemUI.apk must of been moved to the system partition if the other app is there and displaying. huh.png

have you use a file manager app, and looked in system / app

Yes I have, and its there in system/app. It doesn't show in the 'all apps' list though, and as I said before, no statusbar and no FC's :huh:

Guest tillaz

Yes I have, and its there in system/app. It doesn't show in the 'all apps' list though, and as I said before, no statusbar and no FC's huh.png

as long as its on the system it should still give some hint to whats going on in a logcat even if there is no FC.

but reading your PM it might actually be because of the systemUI its self and not the mod, i will take a look at it later.

in the mean time you could download Infusion B06 and take the systemUI from there and see if it decompiles without error

as i'm sure something has went wrong with this one somewhere down the line.

or if anyone using Infusion or with the zip on there PC could upload the SystemUI it would be appreciated.

Guest kyan31

as long as its on the system it should still give some hint to whats going on in a logcat even if there is no FC.

but reading your PM it might actually be because of the systemUI its self and not the mod, i will take a look at it later.

in the mean time you could download Infusion B06 and take the systemUI from there and see if it decompiles without error

as i'm sure something has went wrong with this one somewhere down the line.

or if anyone using Infusion or with the zip on there PC could upload the SystemUI it would be appreciated.

I actually have Infusion B07 on my laptop so i'll PM you the systemui, and of course I'll check if it decompiles too.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31

Yep, it decompiles :)

I don't know why I didn't use it before, it would of made everything a lot easier :P

I haven't actually checked if it works, though it should as the whole process was bug free. I'm about to PM you a link to the systemui if you want it.

Guest kyan31

Ok, this is really weird now :P

The infusion systemui doesn't even work at all when used on a stock rom (B960). No FC's, no statusbar :ph34r:

I'm pretty puzzled now as I added it to my rom, and signed it too.

Guest tillaz

Ok, this is really weird now tongue.png

The infusion systemui doesn't even work at all when used on a stock rom (B960). No FC's, no statusbar ph34r.png

I'm pretty puzzled now as I added it to my rom, and signed it too.

when you run the tool on the first page make sure you see SystemUI been signed and zipalingned, rather than "skipped"

if it says skipped that's the problem, as the systemUI needs signed with the same key as the other core apps.

Guest kyan31

when you run the tool on the first page make sure you see SystemUI been signed and zipalingned, rather than "skipped"

if it says skipped that's the problem, as the systemUI needs signed with the same key as the other core apps.

It didn't skip, it signed correctly, so yeah I have no idea :o

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest mhackoy

just want to ask .. does it works on bootloader lock? or I need to unlock it 1st. wen I flash it to recovery it say installation aborted.

• 2 months later...
Guest gishi

This is for any stock / custom ROM, based on ANY version of Huawei's ICS

here i have made a universal version of the customizable power toggles found in my rom infusion, should work with all stock based ICS

i would of really liked to make a guide on showing how to do this and help people learn, but huawei have there own code all over the stock systemUI...

so i had to first port the AOSP 4.0.4 systemUI and work from that, witch would be to much for me to try and explain in words (sorry)

flash in recovery, NO WIPES

http://ubuntuone.com...3NtxFFbnhdzvo7x

you should have an app in the app drawer called Rom Settings, use this to customize the toggles

HOW TO INCLUDE IN YOUR ROM IF HAVING TROUBLE

download and extract the tools we will be using to your desktop

Link: Here

you should now have a "ResignUpdateV2.1.3" folder, add your ROM to the folder, and the SystemUI.apk from this Mod

copy the whole name of your ROM including the .zip part

right click on "ResignUpdate.bat" and select open with notepad++

replace "system.zip" with the name of your ROM by highlighting it then pressing paste

save and exit.

open your ROMs .zip and navigate to system\app find Phone.apk, drag and drop it into "ResignUpdateV2.1.3", then close

now right click on Phone.apk and select open, drag and drop the " META-INF" folder into "ResignUpdateV2.1.3"

now you can close and delete the Phone.apk as we just wanted the folder we took.

right click on the SystemUI.apk from the mod and select open, delete the " META-INF" folder

now drag and drop the " META-INF" folder we took from the Phone.apk in to it, once its updated close.

open your ROMs .zip and drag and drop SystemUI.apk into the system\app folder, then close.

now double click "ResignUpdate.bat" and your new ROM zip will be created

Toggle2G will also be added to the ROM, so if you don't want it just delete it from the app folder of your new ROM .zip

I HAVE a  ROM but not in .zip  I'M USING OFFICIAL ROM. SO HOW CAN I PLACE THAT systemUI.apk.....  :-(

Edited by gishi